The latest Team Forttress 2 "cheat".

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404
Originally posted by: mb
Cliffs? Youtube is blocked at work.

A medic intentionally healing an enemy spy.

That's not a cheat. In fact, in the console version, it is a spy tip. Reads something like: When disguised, you can get an enemy medic to heal you.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Cliffs? Youtube is blocked at work.

A medic intentionally healing an enemy spy.

How is that a cheat or even an exploit? You've always been able to do that - it's part of the game. I really don't see the point of doing it on purpose, though.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I guess it helps the medic build up an ubercharge which he can later use on one of his real teammates? Ideally, a Medic should always be healing someone if they're not fully charged, though I don't see why one would choose to heal an enemy spy when they could just follow a teammate.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
uhhhhh... you have to watch the video to understand. It's not an accident. He's following the enemy spy around in his own base while the enemy spy captures the intel. Of course the medic cannot be killed which makes the spy virtually indestructible.
This was obviously never intended nor considered.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
uhhhhh... you have to watch the video to understand. It's not an accident. He's following the enemy spy around in his own base while the enemy spy captures the intel. Of course the medic cannot be killed which makes the spy virtually indestructible.

So let me get this straight.
Red medic is healing a disguised blue spy.
Red medic and disguised blue spy work together to capture red intel.
You say red medic cannot be killed, making the spy virtually indestructible?
As soon as the spy touches the intel, his disguise is lost and the medic can't heal him.. the spy is completely vulnerable.. how is that indestructible?

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

So let me get this straight.
Red medic is healing a disguised blue spy.
Red medic and disguised blue spy work together to capture red intel.
You say red medic cannot be killed, making the spy virtually indestructible?
As soon as the spy touches the intel, his disguise is lost and the medic can't heal him.. how is that indestructible?

Spy is not disguised and medic and everyone else on both teams are aware that they are working together. Medic & spy run into intel room and destroy everything.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
I guess I'll have to watch the video when I get home. But, I can't see this happening too much.. you've gotta be a major dbag to be the medic in that situation.

Robert Munch

Oct 11, 2006
he's just healing a enemy disguised spy. As soon as he shoots the engy and undisguises, notice the med is not able to heal the undisguised spy anymore.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Imp
Not really cheating, just 2 asshats.

I concur. Unorthodox. I mean they (Valve)can't think of everything. Pretty creative for the 16 yr old boys who probably thought of it :D And you don't have to worry about it showing up on all the servers because I don't see that many zipperheads doing it. (And I guess in this situation, the medic becomes the real "spy" in every sense of the word.)

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: nova2
in a good server that medic would've been kicked reasonably fast.

Agreed. Yes it was clever but has the potential to ruin a game quickly.
We decided to warn then kick.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005

No, not only was it considered and intended, it's an achievement for both spies and medics.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Born2bwire

No, not only was it considered and intended, it's an achievement for both spies and medics.

You're not getting it. Watch the video again.
We're not talking about tricking an enemy medic into healing you.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
I've seen this before on 2fort, minor annoyance at best. The only people that would have a problem with it are engineers, and engi players get no sympathy from me.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
If you think a spy being healed is "virtually indestructible" you must really suck. Any class in the game can kill a spy while he's being healed. Hell, a crit shotty will one shot him...

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Dman877
If you think a spy being healed is "virtually indestructible" you must really suck. Any class in the game can kill a spy while he's being healed. Hell, a crit shotty will one shot him...

I'll beat your ass in TF2 anyday.:D
Okay so I was a little overly dramatic. Anyway my point is the same. You can see in the video that my point is still the same. it can mess up a fair game.