The latest farce from the Clinton Camp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Here's the thing, if the tides were reversed, Obama would have the same argument. Hell, put McCain in that situation, he'd have the same argument as well. I personally don't fault Clinton for trying. You play the game, you use whatever you can to win. Thats politics. With that said, I don't really like Clinton much and glad she isn't going to win.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Here's the thing, if the tides were reversed, Obama would have the same argument. Hell, put McCain in that situation, he'd have the same argument as well. I personally don't fault Clinton for trying. You play the game, you use whatever you can to win. Thats politics. With that said, I don't really like Clinton much and glad she isn't going to win.

Your problem is that you are using reason and common sense. Here on Husseintech forums, that only works when you are talking about the preferred candidate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Good Grief, If Obama runs the country like his campaign he's really going to have a lot of bitter folk after him. Can you imagine America with a President who's a genius among politicians like the Clintons. He's going to be so far beyond normal ken he'll be like a mirror. People, unable to grasp where's he's coming, from will be reduced only to seeing themselves. And when people only see themselves in somebody, it's really nasty.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
What the hell are you rambling about Moonbeam? Was that just a random word generator that put that paragraph together for you?

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Cuda1447

I don't know that that's true. Politicians are politicians, true, and usually I'm the first to say that the only thing that separates Democrats from Republicans is the spelling of their name, but Hillary is in a class amongst herself. All the other candidates gracefully bowed out. I thought Romney's departure was a surprise after he won some important states in the Northeast. Clinton though, is just ruthless. I cannot understand how people would want a person like this for president.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I really have to love the fact the Clinton message was carried to the DNC by her lawyer. As if Hillary Clinton has any standing to sue her own political party in any court of law the democratic party does not have.

But as the old saying goes, one has to play the cards that one has, and not the cards they wished they had. Give her an A for effort, but the democratic party, IMHO, has to say, sorry Hillary, you lost. And when that door firmly slams shut on Hillary, it will be time to lay down the cards, and as they say in poker, lay down your cards and its time for the loser to read them and weep. Sooner or later time always runs out, and time has run out for Hillary.

Hillary has no legal argument and a very flawed moral argument.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Speaking of farces (things that have turned into farces), this RBC meeting is a great time :)

Anyone else watching it?

I disagree with some of what he's saying, but Rep. Wexler is a bad-ass

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
This RBC meeting is a great time :)

Anyone else watching it?

I'm watching it... it's a fucking circus.

I'd bet my next paycheck that every single notion and vote in that committee was conceived prior to this morning's public debacle...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: palehorse

Anyone else watching it?

I'd bet my next paycheck that every single notion and vote in that committee was conceived prior to this morning's public debacle...

Ha ha. Florida was like a Jerry Springer episode.

[Edit]The wind seems to be out of the sails of the crowd during this Michigan hearing.

One of the earlier speakers said the panel was at dinner late through the evening discussing the issue...so there was definitely a lot that was written down beforehand.

Sen. Levin is coming off looking great here. If people actually watch this and it ends at the compromise he's seeking, then I don't think anyone will feel bad.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse

Anyone else watching it?

Ha ha. Florida was like a Jerry Springer episode.

[Edit]The wind seems to be out of the sails of the crowd during this Michigan hearing.

One of the earlier speakers said the panel was at dinner late through the evening discussing the issue...so there was definitely a lot that was written down beforehand.

Sen. Levin is coming off looking great here. If people actually watch this and it ends at the compromise he's seeking, then I don't think anyone will feel bad.

it just needs to be over with... done... finito... I'm f'n sick of it.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: lupi
Here on Husseintech forums...

:laugh:

Do I sense bitterness?
Moral and Clinton is an oxymoron. :laugh:

It scares me when I agree with Pabster. :shocked: :cool:

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Yeah, how low would Clinton go.

If there's one particularly absurd storyline about Obama's early political career, it's the claim getting a rival knocked off the ballot in his first state Senate race was a form of something called "hardball," a dastardly form of politics endemic to Chicago.

I don't mean to pick particularly on CNN, because the story has appeared all over the place for the last year and a half, but that's where I happened to see it last.

I covered New York politics for quite a while, where the ballot access rules are, as in Chicago, stringent. You can argue that they set up an unjust barrier, aimed to protect incumbents. But that's hardly relevant here: Obama was the challenger, Alice Palmer the incumbent. These challenges are utterly run-of-the-mill; with some exceptions, it's considered madness to let a rival who hasn't met the legal qualifications stay on the ballot.

It's also the case that anybody with the wherewithal to mount a large scale campaign and convince a lot of people to vote for her really should be able to gather, in the Obama-Palmer case, the signatures of 757 local Democrats. Candidates usually gather several times that number to be safe, a shadowy urban political activity involving feeding pizza to a bunch of volunteers.

In any case, Obama was hardly engaging in some horribly brutal form of politics specific to Chicago. His opponent had failed to meet a minimal legal qualification for running for the office. It would have been political malpractice for him to, essentially, give her a pass and say, "No, please, run anyway, it's on me."

To have let her on the ballot would have been the equivalent of, say, his giving John McCain some money.

There are other things they do in Chicago, New York and most everywhere else that should provoke moral scruples. But they mostly involve breaking the law, not insisting on it.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/.../Playing_hardball.html

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
to clinton supporters: seriously.... isnt it pretty obvious that michigan and florida purposely violated the rules and the DNC said that they weren't going to receive delegates. the two states knew this going in. they shouldn't have a voice whatsoever!

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: evident
to clinton supporters: seriously.... isnt it pretty obvious that michigan and florida purposely violated the rules and the DNC said that they weren't going to receive delegates. the two states knew this going in. they shouldn't have a voice whatsoever!

It was obvious back in August and September of 2007, but it became less obvious on January 25, 2008,

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Just imagine what Hillary would say if Obama was doing this to her.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
This just in: Florida will not get seated full delegation with full votes

Also just in: People chant "stand firm" or maybe "Denver"

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Pabster
Here on Husseintech forums...

:laugh:

Do I sense bitterness?
Moral and Clinton is an oxymoron. :laugh:

It scares me when I agree with Pabster. :shocked: :cool:

It should scare you, since what he meant to say was Moral and Clinton are a contradiction in terms. An oxymoron is two seemingly incompatible concepts which when strung together actually make sense. If you are going to insult someone at least have the decency to do it correctly.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Just imagine what Hillary would say if Obama was doing this to her.

if the situations were reversed, Al Sharpton would be marching on Washington today.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I'm not voting dem this nov but things like this are really interesting to me. This is the biggest joke I have ever seen. Hillary supporters are pathetic in their constant chanting and yelling and carrying on. If I was the committee I would just adjourn to close doors and settle it already and let the press know - not this whole BS circus they are putting on and making the majority of their party look like tools.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
It amazes me that Hillary's people can even look in the mirror in the morning with all of their bullshit cheating rule changing nonsense as they try every twist and turn to try to get her the nomination despite her being behind in every category.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: jonks
It should scare you, since what he meant to say was Moral and Clinton are a contradiction in terms. An oxymoron is two seemingly incompatible concepts which when strung together actually make sense. If you are going to insult someone at least have the decency to do it correctly.

Wrong. I used the phrase properly and it remains a truth. Though I find your exercise in semantics hilarious :laugh:

"It depends on your definition..." :laugh:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
It amazes me that Hillary's people can even look in the mirror in the morning with all of their bullshit cheating rule changing nonsense as they try every twist and turn to try to get her the nomination despite her being behind in every category.

what rule changing bullshit? the committee exists for a reason... Howard Deans decision was retarded and deserved to be challenged. they should have just done what the republicans did in the first place, instead of creating all this drama and end up doing what the republicans did anyways.