The last presidential debate is on...it's do or die!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I guess the tone of the debate will be a bit somber for the first 5-10 minutes, but after that it's no holds barred :D

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Does anyone else think this is gonna suck more the Lehers questions last time? Great a whole bunch of local (60 miles from me) twits asking questions...

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What a stupid debate it will be. Just a bunch of idiots asking "how will the government take care of me?"

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What a crock! Gore will turn medical decisions over to BIG GOVERNMENT! I'll take the HMOs anyday!

EngineNr9In this debate, you are exactly right!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
This talk regarding the tragedy of the dead governor takes time away from questions and answers which is why we're all watching correct? I'm sorry if I feel this is my time but really....? :(

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
There's a patiences bill of rights in Texas? I did not know that. And patients can finally sue an HMO in TX through an independent review process? I did not know that, either. Impressive?

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
The Dengel HMO bill, backed by Gore, sounds better? Bush counters by implying the Dengel bill isn't passable but his is. Better something than nothing or is at all a smokescreen?

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999

<< DAYM!!! Bush couldn't even remember the Governor's name >>

I think he was just trying to remember what Gore had said so that he respond to it. He was slow to mention the Governor's tragedy but as soon as he switched over to the question, he started talking normally.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Bush keeps talking about bringing Rs and Ds together to &quot;get things done&quot;. Do you think he'd be better at that than Gore? I'm not so sure...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Gore just ripped Bush...man was he angry ;)

Bush can't talk off the top of his head

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pitting one group against another is Gore's only response? Clinton and Gore have had 8 years to do something....

Bet YOU did not know that the 'Big Drug Companies' give away BILLIONS worth of prescription drugs to the 'underclass' every year!

If Gore's plan goes through, and it never will, we'll all be bankrupt!

Go get'em Bush!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< Gore just ripped Bush...man was he angry >>

He has nothing to lose by attacking. He realizes he needs to win this debate...bigtime.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Gore is winning now because he's providing the details of his plan. Bush isn't gonna get away with generalities if Gore keeps this up!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Bush counters by pointing out Clinton/Hillary/Gore's failure in spending $$$ to create a national health plan. He wants the private sector to decide not government. This appeals to the libby in me.