The kids are alright?

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
So I was installing a fireplace today and noticed something quite nice. Today in Toronto is not a good day for driving. I get to the job and saw my customers' kid shovelling the sidewalk. I thought, thats pretty cool. It was a snow day for every school here. Not only was he shoveling the sidewalk..he did the drive-way and cleared off the snow on his parents cars. They have a mercedes and a new audi in the driveway..yeah they are pretty well off.

Next thing he is holding a flashlight while i'm trying to insert a screw in this pos kingsman fireplace..i swear to god i think it was made by ikea.

Long story short, it was really cool to see a 10 year old doing all these things. Gives me hope for the next generation.

Reactions: BurnItDwn

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I noticed there wasn't a console in sight. and the kid was out playing with his buddy...let me tell you it was pretty shit out this morning.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
The parents could have forced the kid to do it, which is probably the most likely answer. Was he smiling?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
You didn't ask his parents how much Vbucks he was getting paid did you? Because that's what my 10 year old boys would've asked for. They'll do anything for that damned game.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have a kid cousin who is 16, his favorite thing is doing handyman type work or cleaning or doing any kind of simple car maintenance or repairs. Any chance he has to take out a tape measure or a screwdriver his eyes light up with joy because he feels like he is helpful and useful and it makes him happy.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I didn't ask the kid anything or his parents anything. Just observing stuff told me all I needed to know. him and his buddy were out shoveling and actually sliding the down the stairs on their backs for some weird reason.

I was sitting in the van wishing I was that young again and not dreading killing myself climbing those steps up to the house.