The Jussie Smollett Affair

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Nah it pumps up tension and sensationalism and is the same mentality of publish first ask questions later that ended up with the Covington High fiasco merely a week ago.

Nov 8, 2012
The Chicago Police Department tweeted Wednesday evening that they found a surveillance camera showing "potential persons of interest wanted for questioning" in the reported attack on actor Jussie Smollett.

Latest update. I guess people to question is a start...

Considering the lack of proof - I would think it wouldn't make sense to come in and potentially answer questions (basically translates to give police evidence) if they were actually involved.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
From the AP article

After the attack, Smollett returned to his apartment, and his manager called police from there about 40 minutes later, Guglielmi said. When officers arrived, the actor had cuts and scrapes on his face and the rope around his neck that he said had been put there by his assailant, he said. The 36-year-old later went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after police advised him to do so.​

Huh? After the attack he went back home and sat around for 40 minutes until his manager called the police and he kept the noose on the whole time?
Maybe he was trying to get out of something or avoid going back to work for some reason...? (death threat letter?)

Of course, if that was his goal, even the death threat letter could be part of that plan.

Nov 8, 2012
Police release pics of persons of interest. Any of y’all recognize them?

Lol they are pushing for anything... It's 2 guys in Chicago where it's cold as fuck... so everyone is covered from head to toe...

Where is the bottle of bleech? Where is the rope in their hand?

Better yet - WHY THE FUCK is there ZERO footage of the actor walking ALLLLLLLLLLL the way back to his apartment WITH A NOOSE AROUND HIS HEAD THE ENTIRE TIME. Why are there ZERO cameras of even that?

Reactions: jameny5
Nov 8, 2012
Hehe... the funnies

9vtPIbo.jpg

c4LlxOa.jpg

Reactions: jameny5

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

Better yet - WHY THE FUCK is there ZERO footage of the actor walking ALLLLLLLLLLL the way back to his apartment WITH A NOOSE AROUND HIS HEAD THE ENTIRE TIME. Why are there ZERO cameras of even that?
Well, I don't think they said there wasn't footage of him walking home. There would probably be no reason to release that. Don't know if it would show enough detail to resolve a rope / string around his neck.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Whatever you say, Mr Hammer. Good thing neither of us matter in the other's lives right?
Tell that to the families in Pittsburgh since you don't care the Head of State od this county continues to promote racism and hate. Trump's actions had an effect in those killings. The perp admitted it.

Says a lot about this country when some of its people remain agnostic about racism and antisemitism. Maybe it will take someone you know being a victim to reassess your morality.

Good luck with that.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Catch-up detective dipshit, you're behind. We're already laughing at that.
I'm sorry. Still stepping over your auto reflexive responses that never believes the claim of hate crime victims. At least you are consistent. That is for black people

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Tell that to the families in Pittsburgh since you don't care the Head of State od this county continues to promote racism and hate. Trump's actions had an effect in those killings. The perp admitted it.

Says a lot about this country when some of its people remain agnostic about racism and antisemitism. Maybe it will take someone you know being a victim to reassess your morality.

Good luck with that.
Correlation doesn't equal causation you simple little man.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
They didn’t locate anybody though. They found 2 people walking who were in the vicinity, but it doesn’t show any attack and the pic may as well be Bigfoot.

Nov 8, 2012
I'm sorry. Still stepping over your auto reflexive responses that never believes the claim of hate crime victims. At least you are consistent. That is for black people

Also it's not at all surprising that you're too fucking retarded to understand the difference between "suspects" and "persons of interest".

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I've never understood the MAGA hate for Jewish people...Trumps own son-in-law (and I guess his daughter now also) are Jewish!! How do they reconcile with that?

Racists, anti-semantic and nazi groups/people that started using MAGA believe that Making America Great Again means eliminating POCs, minorities, poor people, Jewish people, etc.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
What a coincidence

And what a shitty manager that he heard his friend/client on the phone getting attacked but didn’t call police until 40 minutes after he arrived home (with a noose still on his neck at that point, 40 minutes later.....)

Last edited:
Reactions: s0me0nesmind1
Nov 8, 2012
What a coincidence

And what a shitty manager that he heard his friend/client on the phone getting attacked but didn’t call police until 40 minutes after he arrived him (with a noose still on his neck at that point, 40 minutes later.....)
Haha valid point as well.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
the article I linked says police confirmed that Smollet was walking across the street from these two possible POIs and then out of frame. Then, a minute later is seen in another video camera with a necktie rope around his neck. The alleged attack is not on video. Pretty elaborate if it is a hoax. but then no amount of video evidence is sufficent for some people