Discussion The Jan 6 insurrection has its roots in history. Read about the Battle of Liberty Place

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I just read this. Didn’t know the Jan 6 attempted insurrection is not unique in this countries history. At least not at the state level

Remember back in 1874 the parties had polar opposite profiles. Democrats were the racist party and Republicans we’re the inclusive(woke) party.

With all the consternation about CRT the only thing many of us have called for is that history be taught accurately. Once you read this you can’t help but conclude Jan 6 has a blueprint in history. Note all the similarities. Once the J6 mess is concluded The Battle of Liberty Place should be included in all history classes when discussing Jan 6

Dec 10, 2005
That battle and some related actions are why you don't see Confederate monuments for James Longstreet. He helped fight against the white supremacists after he fought for them in the Civil War, and they threw his memory under the bus.

Also not the only insurrection by white supremacists in post-Civil War history. Wilmington, NC's reconstruction government was overthrown via a domestic coup that installed a white supremacist government over the city.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I just read this. Didn’t know the Jan 6 attempted insurrection is not unique in this countries history. At least not at the state level

Remember back in 1874 the parties had polar opposite profiles. Democrats were the racist party and Republicans we’re the inclusive(woke) party.

With all the consternation about CRT the only thing many of us have called for is that history be taught accurately. Once you read this you can’t help but conclude Jan 6 has a blueprint in history. Note all the similarities. Once the J6 mess is concluded The Battle of Liberty Place should be included in all history classes when discussing Jan 6

I think read about that quite recently for some reason. I heard it mentioned somewhere so I googled it, and now it's bugging the heck out of me trying to remember where I heard it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Once the J6 mess is concluded The Battle of Liberty Place should be included in all history classes when discussing Jan 6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Liberty_Place
No insurgents were charged in the action

No insurgents were charged in the action

So history does have a sick sense of humor?
But I dare say there's a stark contrast yet remaining. For Jan6 was only the first ripple of a pending Tsunami of madness born of our nation's deep division. "Fake news", leading to "fake elections"... leading to the end of our Democracy. A straight through line from one thought to the next. We may well have died the day our voters supported a candidate that defied reality and proclaimed their own. With no sense of decency, no sense of morality, and no sense of reality. A sickness like no other, the human condition run wild.