The Iraqi people want to be liberated .....

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Since the incident you linked to was in Falujjah, I would say the people there don't want a foreign army roaming the streets. People in this particular town did not have the problem of being thrown into shredders or getting gassed when saddam was in power. So I would definetly say having a U.S. troops running things would not be fun for them.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
I can't blame them. Who wants a foreign army roaming your streets?

No one. People act like they should be thrilled if, say, Germany (jsut as an example) were to invade the US, kill our military, and exile our president. Whjy did they do it? Because our government enforces the death penalty! Those barbarians, how could anyone want to live in a country with such backwartds leaders! etc...

So yeah, we're occupied by the Germans, and all your friends and family in the miltary are dead, but there's no more death penalty! yea!

rolleye.gif

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
I can't blame them. Who wants a foreign army roaming your streets?

No one. People act like they should be thrilled if, say, Germany (jsut as an example) were to invade the US, kill our military, and exile our president. Whjy did they do it? Because our government enforces the death penalty! Those barbarians, how could anyone want to live in a country with such backwartds leaders! etc...

So yeah, we're occupied by the Germans, and all your friends and family in the miltary are dead, but there's no more death penalty! yea!

rolleye.gif

Yeah, that's equivalent. A democratic country determining for itself whether it wants the death penalty and a country run by a single man who has a history of mass murdering innocent civilians and sponsoring terrorism along with invading neighboring countries and using chemical weapons.

The fact that you even typed that is sickening. I'd say shameful, but I doubt you have any.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The Iraqis never wanted us. Ever. What they wanted was to be rid of Saddam. Now they have foreign invaders and an occupation. They want us out, but they know as bad as it was with Saddam, it would be worse without water and power and food. We are invaders that feed them and keep them alive. That keeps the worst of it down for the moment, but things are going to get worse. No one loves invaders. We bombed them to get rid of a two bit dictator, and called it liberation. It simply does not wash for the Iraqi people.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

Yeah, that's equivalent. A democratic country determining for itself whether it wants the death penalty and a country run by a single man who has a history of mass murdering innocent civilians and sponsoring terrorism along with invading neighboring countries and using chemical weapons.

The fact that you even typed that is sickening. I'd say shameful, but I doubt you have any.

Do we really decide for ourselves? Do these issues such as death penalty come under a national vote (which is what democracy is) or do a group of 9 old bags who are appointed by the President, NOT elected by the people, decide for us?

Besides that though, can you name one nation not ever accused of killing innocent civilians at one time or another?

Or how about providing me with this evidence for Iraq's links to terrorism, which you seem to be withholding from our government since they found no links either...

And about invading neighboring countries... Kuwait is a part of Iraq. It always was until some snobby Brits came along and drew a line in the sand after World War 2 and declared Kuwait a nation. Does that justify Iraq's invasion? To me, no, but it should have been quite understandable to the rest of the world that this was going to happen sooner or later. Can you name one time in history where some 3rd person nation came along like some jackass, redrawing the boundaries of another nation, and everyone lived happily ever after? I can name quite a few instances where these situations resulted in massive wars and human casualties: Israel, Vietnam, Korea.

And finally for your chemical weapons bit. When will we get our wrists slapped for using chemical weapons? Did you forget in Vietnam we used chemical weapons? North Koreans also accuse us of using chemical and biological weapons on them, along with the confessions of American pilots during that time. But no one believes that becaus eits the North Koreans and they don't have hard evidence, which is ironic because no one ever wonders where the hard evidence is when America goes accusing other countries of making nuclear weapons or harboring terrorists.