The immigration mess Biden created will now be the Republican's fault?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
If the Republicans are serious, there can be a deal. But, I doubt they are serious, for reasons stated above. They really don't want anymore non white immigrants.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Under the Biden administration illegal immigration has flourished as we do not have enough resources at the border to catch and DEPORT people. Those who wany asylum should remain in Mexico however Biden stopped that policy!!

All of these are baldfaced lies and you know it. Immigration arrests are up 93% and deportations are up 22% under Biden. .

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
This is the reason why states and local government should be allowed to enforce immigration law and be allowed to deport anyone who commits a crime or is arrested for a crime.

States have rights and keeping people who have not gained citizenship lawfully or overstayed their visas should be sent back home or to Mexico to wait for an asylum claim.

But yet the Feds dont want states and local government doing the job the Feds refuse to do.

Gee, I wonder why.

Because you've never read the Constitution?

Or because you're lying?

Probably both.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
That’s not how the law works you fucking sorry excuse for a human.
He doesn't give a flying fuck about the law, or any semblance of reality. Obviously he just wants brown people sent back to "Mexico" (many are actually transiting through Mexico); and ideally he'd want the feds to deport millions of immigrants within the U.S. that don't have legal status.

Beyond that, didn't Mexico already pay for Felix's beautiful border wall? It's hilarious that he claims MSM will blame the Repubs for their "solutions" when they've really had almost no substantive policy over the past decade or so besides more DoD spending and tax cuts for corporations and top 1%.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If the Republicans are serious, there can be a deal. But, I doubt they are serious, for reasons stated above. They really don't want anymore non white immigrants.
They don't want immigration period. White, brown, legal, or illegal, they are nativists who don't want any immigration unless they can exploit it for cheap labor.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Why is immigration across that border the most important thing for so many voters? I'd rank at least 5 other issues as having more national importance. Yet polling has said for at least 10 years now that registered republicans rate it as their number 1 most imporant issue. Including republicans who live in states nowhere near the border, and which have at most tiny numbers of illegals. It's impact on the US economy is not that huge one way or another, according to the studies I've read.

So why is so much importance put on this issue by the political right? I think we all know the answer to that.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Why is immigration across that border the most important thing for so many voters? I'd rank at least 5 other issues as having more national importance. Yet polling has said for at least 10 years now that registered republicans rate it as their number 1 most imporant issue. Including republicans who live in states nowhere near the border, and which have at most tiny numbers of illegals. It's impact on the US economy is not that huge one way or another, according to the studies I've read.

So why is so much importance put on this issue by the political right? I think we all know the answer to that.
Because theyre racist. They dont give a shit about undocumented immigrants that match their skin tone. Melania violated her visa just like 90% of undocumented immigrants and no one hears a peep about that.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

We know the answer, just look at the OP’s post to understand why. It’s because they’ve brainwashed their supporters into being nothing more than right wing talking point parrots. It’s like a political ad multiplier. Put out the talking point using existing gateways at a minimal cost and then watch as it spreads like wildfire. It’s like having your own bot army with none of the IT headache.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Where does it come from? Thats a tough one, Alex.

Let me guess - outside the United States?

No fucko, it's from overstayed visas. Not caravans of fentanyl carrying MS13 members traipsing across the desert SW.

Like I said in another of these bullshit threads, if you're only bitching about "duh BoRdER!!!!" then you're just a fucking racist.

Well, here we are ...

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Because theyre racist. They dont give a shit about undocumented immigrants that match their skin tone. Melania violated her visa just like 90% of undocumented immigrants and no one hears a peep about that.

Yes, and the reason I made that particular observation is that I've always felt it wasn't so much their stance on the issue - wanting tighter border security - that betrayed them. It's the paramount importance they put on the issue. Only fear and hate, or some combination of the two, would lead someone to place such high priority on solving what is a minor economic issue. It's no issue at all for people who complain about this in states like West Virginia or the Dakotas where there are virtually no Mexican immigrants. Yet they say it's about immigrants stealing their jobs.

Mar 11, 2004
Its so sad that you people keep letting self-admitted full of shit worthless trolls like the OP get to you. You know he's a lying dishonest person and yet, here you are once again falling for their worthless garbage.

Yes, and the reason I made that particular observation is that I've always felt it wasn't so much their stance on the issue - wanting tighter border security - that betrayed them. It's the paramount importance they put on the issue. Only fear and hate, or some combination of the two, would lead someone to place such high priority on solving what is a minor economic issue. It's no issue at all for people who complain about this in states like West Virginia or the Dakotas where there are virtually no Mexican immigrants. Yet they say it's about immigrants stealing their jobs.

There's quite a lot of Mexican immigrants in the Midwest. I think Chicago has more Mexican immigrants than Phoenix metro area does for instance.

They say a lot of things and are almost always full of shit. So, yes, Captain Obvious, you hit on the head. They are full of shit and its about fear and hate. I'm not sure why some of you constantly have to insist on trying to boil every single fucking topic down into what we already know, as though its not already known. This is just pointless nonsense. We know what the issue is, why they are full of shit in their claims. The question is, what can be done so as to stymie their attempts at exploiting it politically to stay in power and enact their nationalist & fascist ideals.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Under the Biden administration illegal immigration has flourished as we do not have enough resources at the border to catch and DEPORT people. Those who wany asylum should remain in Mexico however Biden stopped that policy!!

Immigrants are coming because of all the Help Wanted signs, high wages and poor opportunities back home. Your dumb Wall or other piss in the wind ideas do nothing against the gravity of that.

Who are you going to replace all these workers with?

Or do you just want to shut down farms, housing, hotels and restaurants, and construction?

What's the game plan here champ?

Otherwise it sounds like conservatives are already making excuses of why they will accomplish nothing on this new Congress.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
If you want to lock the thread you can, but I just wanted to let it be known that I already know what I think the medias plan is over the next 24 months. In fact, all of Americas problems with crime, inflation, etc, will be Republicans fault because the Democrats proposed solutions (to the problems they created) will likely not be agreed upon. And R's counter solutions will also likely be rejected, but in the end it will be medias job to make sure R's get all the blame.

What "media" are you referring to?

Tv news? #1 in cable news, highest ratings Fox News? Newsmax? Oaan?

Papers? Wall Street journal? Newsweek?

Podcasters? Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Social media? Twitter? Elon, really?

Or you mean the Failing New York Times no one reads, or Terrible Ratings MSDNC no one watches?

Rs barely could elect a speaker, and already making excuses of why they will do nothing before they've even gaveled in. Pathetic when the border was mentioned all 15 times as the reason they are nominating Kevin..

Cope and Seethe. Cope and Seethe. Cope and Seethe.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What "media" are you referring to?

Tv news? #1 in cable news, highest ratings Fox News? Newsmax? Oaan?

Papers? Wall Street journal? Newsweek?

Podcasters? Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Social media? Twitter? Elon, really?

Or you mean the Failing New York Times no one reads, or Terrible Ratings MSDNC no one watches?

Rs barely could elect a speaker, and already making excuses of why they will do nothing before they've even gaveled in. Pathetic when the border was mentioned all 15 times as the reason they are nominating Kevin..

Cope and Seethe. Cope and Seethe. Cope and Seethe.

You know which ones Im talking about, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC etc. The ones with the morning shows and nightly news. And like I said, they are going to pin all the countrys problems on R's over the next two years.

Democrats are never to blame for anything according to them and if they are ever are its in a soft handed round about way. They always get the kid glove treatment and Biden gets softball questions from these outlets where he can give doublespeak answers and its simply accepted and they move on.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
You know which ones Im talking about, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC etc. The ones with the morning shows and nightly news. And like I said, they are going to pin all the countrys problems on R's over the next two years.

Democrats are never to blame for anything according to them and if they are ever are its in a soft handed round about way. They always get the kid glove treatment and Biden gets softball questions from these outlets where he can give doublespeak answers and its simply accepted and they move on.
What problems are repubs actually trying to solve? Be honest now.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Anyone who doesnt want unfettered and unchecked migration is a racist? Please.

Anyone who disagrees with us and who thinks our facts (whatever they may be) are all you need to know .. despite the fact that during Bidens 24 months in office millions of people simply overwhelmed the southern border and were allowed into the country.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What problems are repubs actually trying to solve? Be honest now.

How about securing the border to begin with? That is probably why Biden is headed to the border after 24 months to give a speech and will appear to now be shifting gears into stopping the mass migration he allowed. He wants to be seen as the person spearheading the protection of our border and the media will play along.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Anyone who disagrees with us and who thinks our facts (whatever they may be) are all you need to know .. despite the fact that during Bidens 24 months in office millions of people simply overwhelmed the southern border and were allowed into the country.

beat that straw bro.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Well then great, surely you agree that we should massively expand legal immigration then, right? Especially from countries on our southern border.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Not going to read thru this BS thread because we all know the truth here. The truth is.... NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING has been done by THE US CONGRESS to address the border crisis. Presidents have come and gone ON BOTH SIDES and still nothing gets done. And Trump building A WALL was nothing more than theatrics to stir up hate and devision to get Trump elected. Trump knew that NO WALL was ever going to """solve""" the border crisis. It was just to get him elected.

You CAN NOT blame Joe Biden because Joe Biden DID NOT create this crisis, THEY ALL DID. Every president has kicked the ball down to the next president. Every US congress has kicked the ball down to the next US congress, and the next, and the next, and the next. Fact is, THEY DO NOT want to solve the border crisis BECAUSE.... the crisis stirs up voters, it raises money for campaigns, and it is used to win elections. WHY.... for gods sake, WHY.... would anyone want to """solve""" the border crisis when it is such an important part of winning elections and running campaigns ????

And besides.... there is no magic solution. Reagan had his solution i.e. to just hand them all amnesty. Was THAT a solution? Amnesty MAY HAVE been acceptable.... back then, but OH NO, NOT TODAY. To even mention giving todays illegal immigrants amnesty is guaranteed political suicide. So HOW is any president or US congress going to do THAT? To grant amnesty???

This is not Biden's problem, and it is not the democrats problem. THIS has been an ongoing problem FOR YEARS.... FOR DECADES....
And other than granting full amnesty, THERE IS NO magic solution.

Face it... people want to come here. YOU'RE OWN RELATIVES came here unless you are an native American Indian. If you're NOT an native American Indian, then you too were, was, and ARE an immigrant and at one time no doubt was an illegal immigrant.
Welcome to the club. :rolleyes:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Not going to read thru this BS thread because we all know the truth here. The truth is.... NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING has been done by THE US CONGRESS to address the border crisis. Presidents have come and gone ON BOTH SIDES and still nothing gets done. And Trump building A WALL was nothing more than theatrics to stir up hate and devision to get Trump elected. Trump knew that NO WALL was ever going to """solve""" the border crisis. It was just to get him elected.

You CAN NOT blame Joe Biden because Joe Biden DID NOT create this crisis, THEY ALL DID. Every president has kicked the ball down to the next president. Every US congress has kicked the ball down to the next US congress, and the next, and the next, and the next. Fact is, THEY DO NOT want to solve the border crisis BECAUSE.... the crisis stirs up voters, it raises money for campaigns, and it is used to win elections. WHY.... for gods sake, WHY.... would anyone want to """solve""" the border crisis when it is such an important part of winning elections and running campaigns ????

And besides.... there is no magic solution. Reagan had his solution i.e. to just hand them all amnesty. Was THAT a solution? Amnesty MAY HAVE been acceptable.... back then, but OH NO, NOT TODAY. To even mention giving todays illegal immigrants amnesty is guaranteed political suicide. So HOW is any president or US congress going to do THAT? To grant amnesty???

This is not Biden's problem, and it is not the democrats problem. THIS has been an ongoing problem FOR YEARS.... FOR DECADES....
And other than granting full amnesty, THERE IS NO magic solution.

Face it... people want to come here. YOU'RE OWN RELATIVES came here unless you are an native American Indian. If you're NOT an native American Indian, then you too were, was, and ARE an immigrant and at one time no doubt was an illegal immigrant.
Welcome to the club. :rolleyes:

I just gotta ask…do you hyperventilate whilst penning this?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Have you heard of the concept called projection? I’d look into it because you are killing it with that level of projection!

• Love
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is the reason why states and local government should be allowed to enforce immigration law and be allowed to deport anyone who commits a crime or is arrested for a crime.

States have rights and keeping people who have not gained citizenship lawfully or overstayed their visas should be sent back home or to Mexico to wait for an asylum claim.

But yet the Feds dont want states and local government doing the job the Feds refuse to do.

Gee, I wonder why.
When Trump was in office, how many CEOs were arrested in red states. From 2017-2021 Feds and red states were on board with strict immigration enforcement so that should have happened in droves. Trump himself hired undocumented in Florida. Did you bitch about that??

The answer is no because you don't give a fuck about the immigration problem outside of using it as a club.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Boo fuckin hoo. Are you new in town?

Fox says everything Trump and Bush did was awesome, MSNBC says it's terrible.

Fox said everything Obama, Biden and Clinton did was terrible, MSNBC says it was awesome.

Media has been partisan since before the founding of the country. Will be the same 100 years from now. Deal with it.