The Idea of Hordes of "Never Joe" Bernie Bros Not Supported By Two Recent Polls

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm in that 4 percent that will not vote unless he supports what we want:

specifically:

- Free college/ job skill retraining
- Forgiveness of student loans
- Medicare that's significantly cheaper than the marketplace.

- I made that mistake in 2016.

I literally wrote in "None of these assholes" on my ballot. Guess what! We got stuck with one of those assholes anyway: the stinker, dirtier asshole.

I'm not even strongly personally affected. I have a good job, I'm married to a woman who also has a good job, I live in a very liberal area so I'm not worried about my personal safety thanks to the President's rhetoric, but I'm still responsible for the people who have been negatively affected.

I made a mistake in 2016. 2020 is a chance to undo that mistake.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Biden and Symone Sanders told people to go vote during a deadly pandemic outbreak. This is unconscionable, no morally serious person can support this disgraceful candidate.

Biden said this, exactly, on March 17, when there were 1/10th as many cases and deaths as there is now.

Elections are happening today in Arizona, Florida, and Illinois. I encourage folks to vote by mail or curbside vote if you can. If you vote in person, please wash your hands, don’t touch your face, and stay 6’ from others in line.

What a disgrace!

Oh, and Sanders said this, exactly:

While Arizona, Florida and Illinois are still voting today, going to the polls amid the coronavirus outbreak is a personal decision and we respect whichever choice voters make. If you do go to the polls, please see CDC guidance on keeping yourself safe:

LOL

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don't consider you a morally serious person or particularly interested in the truth.

So not interested in the truth that I've provided you with direct quotes from each candidate made on the same day while you supplied no facts. Twitter appears to be your sole source for pretty much everything.

If a surrogate said something sketchy or stupid here (I don't have audio on this PC but I'll take your word on it), that is not the same thing as the candidate saying it because it doesn't carry the same weight and this surrogate may well have said that without preclearing it with anyone.

And what the eff would you know about my "moral seriousness?"

Between comments like that and your various eff offs you really should get a time out since you seem to have forgotten the recent rule change around here.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
So not interested in the truth that I've provided you with direct quotes from each candidate made on the same day while you supplied no facts. Twitter appears to be your sole source for pretty much everything.

If a surrogate said something sketchy or stupid here (I don't have audio on this PC but I'll take your word on it), that is not the same thing as the candidate saying it because it doesn't carry the same weight and this surrogate may well have said that without preclearing it with anyone.

You can just say you were wrong and apologize.

And what the eff would you know about my "moral seriousness?"

Between comments like that and your various eff offs you really should get a time out since you seem to have forgotten the recent rule change around here.

The eff offs are always in response to unprovoked personal attacks, that's why I don't get vacationed for them, but go on trying to be a mod. What do the rules say about that, btw?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I wasn't wrong, so no. Your original statement was

Biden and Symone Sanders told people to go vote during a deadly pandemic outbreak. This is unconscionable, no morally serious person can support this disgraceful candidate.

Biden didn't actually even tell people to vote. What Simone Sanders said, while relevant, isn't nearly as important. (Still taking your word on that until I get home.)

There is nothing even remotely a "disgrace" about Biden in relation to this issue. You're just trying to do whatever you can to tar Biden, and to what end, I have no idea. Sanders will not win this primary and will not be POTUS. Ever.

The eff offs are always in response to unprovoked personal attacks, that's why I don't get vacationed for them, but go on trying to be a mod. What do the rules say about that, btw?

You mean like when someone asks you to supply proof of an assertion?

That was just one of four I saw on page one of the search. Didn't bother looking further.

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

I suggest you take your own advice: you can just say you were wrong and apologize.

Or you can eff off, mf'er.

That better?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I wasn't wrong, so no. Your original statement was

Biden didn't actually even tell people to vote. What Simone Sanders said, while relevant, isn't nearly as important. (Still taking your word on that until I get home.)

There is nothing even remotely a "disgrace" about Biden in relation to this issue. You're just trying to do whatever you can to tar Biden, and to what end, I have no idea. Sanders will not win this primary and will not be POTUS. Ever.

There you go, the official position of his campaign: go out and vote. People will die because of it.

You mean like when someone asks you to supply proof of an assertion?

That was just one of four I saw on page one of the search. Didn't bother looking further.

My god you are insufferable. Don't you have an accused rapist to apologize for?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

There you go, the official position of his campaign: go out and vote. People will die because of it.

My god you are insufferable. Don't you have an accused rapist to apologize for?

You fairly define "insufferable". If Bernie is so concerned about spreading covid19 thru primary voting he'd drop out, *because he knows he can't win*.

Go ahead- tell us how that's not true. Give it your best shot.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
You fairly define "insufferable". If Bernie is so concerned about spreading covid19 thru primary voting he'd drop out, *because he knows he can't win*.

Go ahead- tell us how that's not true. Give it your best shot.

#1 Because he obviously believes he can win. Do you have any evidence that he knows he can't, or are you just being disingenuous again?
#2 Sanders supported postponing the primary until it was safe to vote again, that would have given the states enough time to develop remote voting or at least safer protocols if in-person couldn't be avoided. If Sanders had no chance to win, what's the difference if the primary is in March or June?
#3 There are down-ballot races that need to be determined. Sanders dropping out doesn't stop the primaries from occurring.

But hey, do anything to excuse Biden's terrible leadership and decision making, right? That's quite the theme these days.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
You still haven't addressed the fact that Sanders said essentially the same thing on the same day.

They didn't say essentially the same thing, so there's nothing to address. Sanders said it was a personal decision, and if they do go to be safe.

BTW, while it's not the same thing as what Biden said, he was still wrong. He should have just told people to stay home.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
They didn't say essentially the same thing, so there's nothing to address. Sanders said it was a personal decision, and if they do go to be safe.

BTW, while it's not the same thing as what Biden said, he was still wrong. He should have just told people to stay home.
Christ you really are splitting hairs. Carry on and ignore the sound of my eyes rolling.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
#1 Because he obviously believes he can win. Do you have any evidence that he knows he can't, or are you just being disingenuous again?
#2 Sanders supported postponing the primary until it was safe to vote again, that would have given the states enough time to develop remote voting or at least safer protocols if in-person couldn't be avoided. If Sanders had no chance to win, what's the difference if the primary is in March or June?
#3 There are down-ballot races that need to be determined. Sanders dropping out doesn't stop the primaries from occurring.

But hey, do anything to excuse Biden's terrible leadership and decision making, right? That's quite the theme these days.

#1 Of course Bernie knows he can't win. His only chance was entering the convention with the most delegates in a divided field & that's not happening. Shee-it. As it turns out, he hasn't had as much support in 2020 as he has in his losing 2016 bid.
#2 Biden has not opposed delays in the primaries.
#3 True. And basically immaterial to the discussion at hand.