The Idea of Hordes of "Never Joe" Bernie Bros Not Supported By Two Recent Polls

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Have you seen him the last few days?

He hasn't soundly defeated anyone. Without the Super Tuesday dropouts orchestrated behind the scenes he'd be struggling. His Cognitive Decline is getting worse and even people who support him are having a difficult time maintaining their Brave Face.

Oh please!...Joe Biden may be far from your ideal candidate - he certainly isn’t mine - but he’s nothing if not fungible and at least open to influence from the progressive wing while still maintaining a broad appeal across and beyond the Democratic base. Bernie Sanders appeals to a vocal but limited number of whose supporters metaphorical idea of barn restoration is to burn it to the ground with the horses inside and start from scratch instead of rebuilding it from the outside in, one post and plank at a time. Such rebuilding from the ground up, throwing away all of the bad seems appealing at first blush, but a glance at the history book shows that it rarely produces the desired result even when it doesn’t result in total collapse.

Reactions: Thump553

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Voters are not asking those questions. In fact, they generally agree with Bernie. What is motivating the Democratic Primary Voters is this notion of "Electibility". On that front, Biden simply is not up for the job. His Cognitive Decline is getting worse before our eyes.

He's not up to the job except for, of course, beating Bernie in all those elections and polling the best against Trump in the general election.

What you're doing right now is parroting Trump's attacks in the hope that you can somehow win a primary your candidate already lost. Bernie lost and you need to accept that. Now the only thing is beating Trump. If Bernie had won I would have supported him completely, you guys should do the same.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Fivethirtyeight gives him a a 98% chance of winning a majority of delegates and a greater than 99% chance of winning a plurality of delegates, something Sanders agrees should make him the nominee as well. It's over.

As for his Capitalized Cognitive Decline 1) there's no meaningful evidence of that and 2) even if it were accurate that just means Sanders couldn't even beat a senile guy. I've never understood why Sanders supporters think his inability to defeat a mentally impaired person is an argument for his electability.

1) Your denialism is mindboggling
2) Why Democrats are choosing him is mindboggling

He is incapable of winning. Just watch these examples and tell me why he has a chance in hell.

Reactions: Blackjack200

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
He's not up to the job except for, of course, beating Bernie in all those elections and polling the best against Trump in the general election.

What you're doing right now is parroting Trump's attacks in the hope that you can somehow win a primary your candidate already lost. Bernie lost and you need to accept that. Now the only thing is beating Trump. If Bernie had won I would have supported him completely, you guys should do the same.

No, what I or Trump are doing is pointing out the glaring flaw that makes Biden un-electable.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
1) Your denialism is mindboggling

Have you considered you are engaging in motivated reasoning?

2) Why Democrats are choosing him is mindboggling

He is incapable of winning. Just watch these examples and tell me why he has a chance in hell.

Your argument that he is incapable of winning would be more compelling if he hadn't just soundly beaten your candidate.

Again, if we assume what you're saying is 100% correct that means your candidate is so bad at elections that he can't even beat a senile guy. If anything doesn't that mean we should jettison them both and just nominate someone entirely separate?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's kind of amazing to see people continually repeat 'he can't win' when he just... you know... won the primary.

• Haha
Reactions: feralkid
Mar 11, 2004
It's kind of amazing to see people continually repeat 'he can't win' when he just... you know... won the primary.

What's even more absurd is how many of them claim there was a fix in against Bernie (both in 2016 and now), but wanted the Democrats to make him the nomination in spite of him losing because of votes. Its kinda like they're not being honest with themselves. Hmm, where have we seen this type of behavior?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Because we are being governed by mentally disturbed criminal. Do you want Trump to win? Are you even an American?

I am Canadian, I have never hidden this fact. That said, no, I don't want Trump to win. Pretending Biden can win will not make it so.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not even saying that, get Cuomo or someone. I realize it's late for that, but Biden won't cut it.

It's interesting to see a Sanders supporter say the Democratic Party should fix the nomination and take it away from the guy with the most votes, haha.

Lots of people consider Sanders to be unelectable - what would you have said if they got the party to take away the nomination had he won the primary?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I am Canadian, I have never hidden this fact. That said, no, I don't want Trump to win. Pretending Biden can win will not make it so.

I'm trying to square these two premises and I'm having trouble. Can you help?

1) Joe Biden can't win.
2) Joe Biden just won.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What's even more absurd is how many of them claim there was a fix in against Bernie (both in 2016 and now), but wanted the Democrats to make him the nomination in spite of him losing because of votes. Its kinda like they're not being honest with themselves. Hmm, where have we seen this type of behavior?

I don't think Bernie is being cheated. However, it is clear the Party really didn't want him and there was a lot of backroom dealing going on to prop someone up that could defeat him. Unfortunately for everyone they chose Biden.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

1) Joe Biden can't win.
2) Joe Biden just won.

His mental gymnastics are Olympic worthy. We get it, he thinks Biden can't win. We'll see

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

1) Joe Biden can't win.
2) Joe Biden just won.

He hasn't "Won" yet and currently what he is winning only encompasses a small part of the Electorate. This is a post I made in another thread discussing this:

"
Why do you keep assuming that 100% are choosing? Less than 30% of the Electorate Vote in both Parties Primaries. So that probably means that <20% of Americans are choosing a Democrat and that Biden is being chosen by approx 15% of the Electorate. On top of this, Exit Polls and other Public Polls show very strong Support amongst Democrats and even the General Public for the Policies Bernie advocates for.

I will point out, once again, that 1 of the 2 Candidates selected during the Primaries Wins and the other Loses. On top of that, Democrats are a Subset of the Electorate consisting of 30ish% of the Electorate. So don't tell "Bernie Bros" that they are being the unreasonable ones here. I am a Harbinger of Doom, warning you of the colossal mistake you are making.

Bookmark this: Biden Can Not and Will Not Win.
"

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He hasn't "Won" yet and currently what he is winning only encompasses a small part of the Electorate. This is a post I made in another thread discussing this:

"
Why do you keep assuming that 100% are choosing? Less than 30% of the Electorate Vote in both Parties Primaries. So that probably means that <20% of Americans are choosing a Democrat and that Biden is being chosen by approx 15% of the Electorate. On top of this, Exit Polls and other Public Polls show very strong Support amongst Democrats and even the General Public for the Policies Bernie advocates for.

I will point out, once again, that 1 of the 2 Candidates selected during the Primaries Wins and the other Loses. On top of that, Democrats are a Subset of the Electorate consisting of 30ish% of the Electorate. So don't tell "Bernie Bros" that they are being the unreasonable ones here. I am a Harbinger of Doom, warning you of the colossal mistake you are making.

"

But, of course Bernie could!?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

"

"

When the entire electorate is polled Biden also wins over both Bernie and Trump, and he beats Trump by a wider margin than Bernie does. So really if your argument is 'you aren't taking the whole electorate into account' that just strengthens the case for Biden.

People don't vote based on what candidate checks the most of their policy preferences, FYI.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Cool story bro, srsly. Only Bernie points these things out, the Dem Party thinks the problem is Trump. they are willing to slightly tweak parts of the system, but nothing close to ending Reaganism.

That's the bullshit of false attribution. "Only Bernie?" What about all the Democrats who voted for him in 2016 & 2020?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
His mental gymnastics are Olympic worthy. We get it, he thinks Biden can't win. We'll see

Trump is an aggressive asshole that rolled over a bunch of Republicans then Hillary in 2016, to everybody's surprise. He is the Incumbent, which gives him an advantage. Biden is having increasing difficulty finishing sentences or even communicating what he means. I agree that Trump is mentally not all there either, but he is able to attack out of habit and when he does against Biden, Biden will fumble his response in ways that will be cringeworthy. Biden needs more than just Democratic Voters to Win, he needs Independents as well. Those Independents do not share the same Motivations that Democrats do and will need to be inspired, which Biden will not be able to do.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Right, and maybe he won't win! The idea that the guy who just won the primary and has consistently polled the best against Trump can't win while a guy who just lost the primary and polls worse can win is motivated reasoning.

It's a common cognitive bias that we all have, we're sure if the candidate just adopted all of our positions then they would win because all of our positions are of course correct and popular.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Right, and maybe he won't win! The idea that the guy who just won the primary and has consistently polled the best against Trump can't win while a guy who just lost the primary and polls worse can win is motivated reasoning.

It's a common cognitive bias that we all have, we're sure if the candidate just adopted all of our positions then they would win because all of our positions are of course correct and popular.

The Polls will change once more start seeing Biden and his issues.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump is an aggressive asshole that rolled over a bunch of Republicans then Hillary in 2016, to everybody's surprise. He is the Incumbent, which gives him an advantage. Biden is having increasing difficulty finishing sentences or even communicating what he means. I agree that Trump is mentally not all there either, but he is able to attack out of habit and when he does against Biden, Biden will fumble his response in ways that will be cringeworthy. Biden needs more than just Democratic Voters to Win, he needs Independents as well. Those Independents do not share the same Motivations that Democrats do and will need to be inspired, which Biden will not be able to do.

But independents support Biden over Bernie so how does that make any sense?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
But, of course Bernie could!?

Bernie has a fighting chance because he doesn't have the Cognitive issues Biden is developing. On top of that, he has an inspiring message that even before this crisis has widespread support amongst the US Electorate. With this crisis those ideas have come front and centre as immediate solutions.