The Idea of Hordes of "Never Joe" Bernie Bros Not Supported By Two Recent Polls

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
My problem with Joe, is that he completely stood aside during his prime chance at becoming president. He completely bowed out, to give the second coming of Clinton, no resistance in her path to the nomination. Like he felt guilty of the rolfstomp Obama gave her during 08. Or the DNC told him stay out IDK, but that is what it looks like.
He should have ran in 16, probably would have won. He didn't and now we have what we have.
I like Sanders, I think he can do well against Trump on the debate stage. I think Joe is going to have trouble.
Then again it is all going to come down to who survives this current situation come November.

I have not seen anything from Biden since the primaries have been postponed. It's a good thing too if the above video is anything to go by.

I will vote for whoever is the nominee against the current President, but I will not be surprised to see this current president get re elected, based off of the vast majority of people that still think "news" is not allowed to lie to it's viewers, and that whole "fair and balanced" bullshit that people have been brainwashed with.

Why do people care about the debates though? Clinton dominated Trump in all three and didn’t win.

Reactions: soundforbjt

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are in denial of the evidence. Polls change, Facts do not.

The very things you cited as evidence for Bernie over Biden actually further boosted Biden.

Maybe you should ask yourself what piece of evidence could emerge that would make you admit you are wrong.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The very things you cited as evidence for Bernie over Biden actually further boosted Biden.

Maybe you should ask yourself what piece of evidence could emerge that would make you admit you are wrong.

At this point, Biden would need to defeat Trump. He should be spending the rest off his days with his family, he's slipping away fast.

I suspect you are in a similar situation regarding Sanders. Unfortunately for all of us, it will almost certainly be Biden getting defeated by Trump. Unless somehow Biden is replaced with someone else anyway.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In terms of the reforms needed to restore American democracy Bernie will do nothing to help that happen. No president can because the requirements are constitutional amendments and the president doesn’t get a say in those.

This is what I’ve never really understood. You guys think Bernie’s policies are better, great. Do you see any even remotely plausible path for him to enact ANY of them?

Perhaps it is my fault you don't understand this but I thought I have always made it clear that what makes Sanders the superior candidate is his message. They say that politics is the art of the possible but what is possible in politics is useless. Democracy is dead. The only thing that matters is for people to awaken to that fact and only Sanders is going to tell them. Sanders message is that the people have to wake up and create a revolution or democracy will remain dead. That wake-up call is the revolution. Biden will just do politics as usual and democracy will stay dead. Politics then should be leadership, the art of making what is impossible now possible tomorrow by leading, by speaking out, by inspiration. What we have now is the politics of the dead. Your problem, in my opinion, is that you cling to hope and hope is dead. It strikes me that it is only in the stark reality of the utter uselessness of politics that there can be real change. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I let go and fell and I have been falling ever sense. Must be it's a long way down.

Reactions: Blackjack200

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At this point, Biden would need to defeat Trump. He should be spending the rest off his days with his family, he's slipping away fast.

Great, then you’ve admitted discussing this with you any further is pointless because you just admitted you’re immune to any evidence other than the election result you’re predicting.

I suspect you are in a similar situation regarding Sanders. Unfortunately for all of us, it will almost certainly be Biden getting defeated by Trump. Unless somehow Biden is replaced with someone else anyway.

If Sanders were the nominee that would be fine with me.

I won’t be responding to you any further on this as you’ve already said you aren’t open to contrary evidence. Sorry to hear that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Perhaps it is my fault you don't understand this but I thought I have always made it clear that what makes Sanders the superior candidate is his message. They say that politics is the art of the possible but what is possible in politics is useless. Democracy is dead. The only thing that matters is for people to awaken to that fact and only Sanders is going to tell them. Sanders message is that the people have to wake up and create a revolution or democracy will remain dead. That wake-up call is the revolution. Biden will just do politics as usual and democracy will stay dead. Politics then should be leadership, the art of making what is impossible now possible tomorrow by leading, by speaking out, by inspiration. What we have now is the politics of the dead. Your problem, in my opinion, is that you cling to hope and hope is dead. It strikes me that it is only in the stark reality of the utter uselessness of politics that there can be real change. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I let go and fell and I have been falling ever sense. Must be it's a long way down.

I think if you took some time and talked to the African American voters that helped secure Biden’s victory they might open your eyes a bit.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Great, then you’ve admitted discussing this with you any further is pointless because you just admitted you’re immune to any evidence other than the election result you’re predicting.

If Sanders were the nominee that would be fine with me.

I won’t be responding to you any further on this as you’ve already said you aren’t open to contrary evidence. Sorry to hear that.

There is no contrary Evidence. His mind is in decline, he has a horrible record, an inept campaign, bizarre issues with Women, even his supporters are not enthused with him. In any ordinary Presidential Campaign, he would be the absolute worst Candidate you could find.

The only way he has a chance is that Trump is such an abomination, but there is only a portion of the population that sees him that way and a good 40ish% who has him confused with Jesus himself.

I'm sorry I'm so bloody obstinate, but this situation is as obvious as 2+2=4.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There is no contrary Evidence. His mind is in decline, he has a horrible record, an inept campaign, bizarre issues with Women, even his supporters are not enthused with him. In any ordinary Presidential Campaign, he would be the absolute worst Candidate you could find.

The only way he has a chance is that Trump is such an abomination, but there is only a portion of the population that sees him that way and a good 40ish% who has him confused with Jesus himself.

I'm sorry I'm so bloody obstinate, but this situation is as obvious as 2+2=4.

It’s not about obstinate or not. You just flat out admitted you aren’t able to be convinced by contrary evidence. Once someone says that there’s no more room for rational discussion because one party just admitted they aren’t rational.

Seeya! Hope you’re able to get some perspective someday.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It’s not about obstinate or not. You just flat out admitted you aren’t able to be convinced by contrary evidence. Once someone says that there’s no more room for rational discussion because one party just admitted they aren’t rational.

Seeya! Hope you’re able to get some perspective someday.

Have fun I suppose. I haven't decided yet how I'll react in November. Will likely be too dismayed to entertain a, "Told you so."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Serious about this, btw. Who are you referring to? Are you suggesting that black Biden supporters are a homogeneous group? If not, which black voters are you specifically referring to, what articles or posts?

Here’s a good place to start.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
In the most important matter Biden is too much like Trump. In the primary I'll vote for Bernie as a last ditch hope for our decedent's survival, but we're dead set on killing ourselves.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In the most important matter Biden is too much like Trump. In the primary I'll vote for Bernie as a last ditch hope for our decedent's survival, but we're dead set on killing ourselves.

Another defeatist chimes in! Yippee!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think if you took some time and talked to the African American voters that helped secure Biden’s victory they might open your eyes a bit.
I told you my attitude toward hope. Thank you for your intention. But when the ship capsizes you have to dive.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Another ignorant defender of mass extinction.

I'm the ignorant one? On one side we have drill baby drill & bring back coal vs a huge commitment to clean energy on the other.

Take the bothsides bullshit somewhere else, please.