The hunt for illegals is on.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gplracer

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2000
Everyone talks about enforcing immigration laws but nobody wants to tell the real problem! Go after the businesses that are hiring the illegals and start levying hefty fines, jail times and loss of business and see what happens . People come illegally because rich folks and farmers keep offering them jobs. Start with the POTUS' vineyards and hotels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The businesses are part of the problem. They should be prosecuted as should the people coming over here illegally.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Not trolling at all. Eugenics doesn't = forced sterilization and genocide. Just promote efforts to minimize reproduction by the poor and maximize reproduction by those most intelligent. Nations should seek to maximize the quality of their populace.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/tr...est-democracy-we-asked-its-people-why-n720151

Something like lily white liberal utopia Norway that lefty nbcnews is falling all over themselves trying to tell us how superior they are to the USA.
170221-norway-cr-1134_01_d4adb537bd8e5608acf2f9ceb29956fb.nbcnews-fp-1240-520.jpg

Norway Is the ‘World’s Best Democracy’ — We Asked Its People Why

The United States was downgraded to a "flawed democracy" in a recent index that examined 167 countries. NBC News traveled to the world's top-ranked democracy, Norway, to ask them how it's done.

Quick somebody better tell hem how Norway tries to keep brown people out in order to maintain there liberal paradise that American liberals like to look up to as some sort of standard.
Multiculturalism? No Thanks. Norway Builds Wall to Keep Out Syrian Migrants
NorwayBorderWall.jpg

For the past year, Norway has been trying to cut down on refugees. Well, one does. It seems that Russia has been pawning off its share of Syrian migrants by sending them all over the border. That didn’t jive well with Norwegians. National security and whatnot. But did Russia listen to their complaints? No, silly. They’re Russia. So Norway’s solution? Build a wall.

Norway is building a steel fence at its arctic border with Russia after an influx of thousands of refugees last year. Last year, Russia and Norway battled to repeatedly reject the same refugees. Norway said it would begin sending refugees who have Russian residency permits back to Russia, arguing it had received no “satisfactory” explanation from Russia as to why it sent so many refugees…

The new fence, which will be around 660 feet long and 11 feet high, will stretch from the Skorskog border point. Construction of the fence is due to finish before winter frosts set in, making it harder to enter Norway through the forest.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Everyone talks about enforcing immigration laws but nobody wants to tell the real problem! Go after the businesses that are hiring the illegals and start levying hefty fines, jail times and loss of business and see what happens . People come illegally because rich folks and farmers keep offering them jobs. Start with the POTUS' vineyards and hotels...

lol wut, "nobody wants to tell the real problem"? Many people have talked about it, I think that HAS to be part of the solution. As long as there is a lot of demand for illegal low wage labor, the immigrants will continue to come to seek out that opportunity. I'm all in favor of attaching significant/severe penalties for using workers without work permits, that would go a long way towards a solution, but only if you also make it so illegal immigrants can't make use of other services (like schooling, housing, any kind of benefits etc).

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The businesses are part of the problem. They should be prosecuted as should the people coming over here illegally.

I personally don't blame the people coming over illegally, though I don't think they should be immune from consequences. Most people who come over illegally are just seeking a better life for their family. If you or I were desperate we'd probably do the same thing. That doesn't mean they should be immune from the consequences (deportation etc), but I don't blame them for making that choice. I blame the system that lets them do it, and the idiots fighting hard to prevent us from having a border.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Wut? Why would Mexico put their own citizens in camps?

Deportees from countries other than Mexico aren't sent there.
Not too bright. Yes they will be. The illegals from other countries who use Mexico as the gateway to the US. Maybe even some of their own people especially the criminal element. Try to keep up. :)

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
Only with funds related to the topic at hand. See NCIB v. Sebilius.

The vast majority of funding is going nowhere.

Putting the legality of this aside for just a moment, why don't you want our gov't to work together and do all they can to get rid of non citizens who are committing felonies in our country? Wouldn't that be a good use of gov't to rid the country of "bad hombres"?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Putting the legality of this aside for just a moment, why don't you want our gov't to work together and do all they can to get rid of non citizens who are committing felonies in our country? Wouldn't that be a good use of gov't to rid the country of "bad hombres"?

Our governments generally do work together to get rid of noncitizens who are committing felonies in our country. What they don't work together on is deporting noncitizens who may have been detained and charged with no crime or charged with something very minor.

Overall, lots of large cities (and other industries) depend on labor from these people and so deporting them makes no logical or economic sense. If House Republicans hadn't torpedoed sane immigration reform a few years back this problem would have been solved already.

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
Our governments generally do work together to get rid of noncitizens who are committing felonies in our country. What they don't work together on is deporting noncitizens who may have been detained and charged with no crime or charged with something very minor.

Overall, lots of large cities (and other industries) depend on labor from these people and so deporting them makes no logical or economic sense. If House Republicans hadn't torpedoed sane immigration reform a few years back this problem would have been solved already.

Sanctuary cities brag about the fact that they don't do exactly what you describe above. I'm with you in that I don't want the folks deported that have a minor beef. Will you join me and implore that our gov't work to get guys like Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez off the street and possibly out of the country?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sanctuary cities brag about the fact that they don't do exactly what you describe above. I'm with you in that I don't want the folks deported that have a minor beef. Will you join me and implore that our gov't work to get guys like Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez off the street and possibly out of the country?

San Francisco didn't hold him because they found no warrant for his arrest, which seems pretty reasonable to me. They are basically saying that if the feds want the city to hold someone for them they need to provide justification.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Not too bright. Yes they will be. The illegals from other countries who use Mexico as the gateway to the US. Maybe even some of their own people especially the criminal element. Try to keep up. :)

Nice crystal ball. Why would Mexico accept such a role when we're inflicting misery on Mexico & her citizens by deporting them en masse?

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
San Francisco didn't hold him because they found no warrant for his arrest, which seems pretty reasonable to me. They are basically saying that if the feds want the city to hold someone for them they need to provide justification.

He had 7 felony conviction and was deported 5 times:

On March 26, 2015, at the request of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department, United States Bureau of Prisons (BOP) had turned Sanchez over to San Francisco authorities for an outstanding drug warrant.[16] U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had issued a detainer for Sanchez requesting that he be kept in custody until immigration authorities could pick him up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle#Suspect

Why wouldn't SF honor the detainer issued by ICE? Wouldn't you like local officials to help the feds in getting guys like this off the street? I would think we all could at least agree to that point.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He had 7 felony conviction and was deported 5 times:

On March 26, 2015, at the request of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department, United States Bureau of Prisons (BOP) had turned Sanchez over to San Francisco authorities for an outstanding drug warrant.[16] U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had issued a detainer for Sanchez requesting that he be kept in custody until immigration authorities could pick him up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle#Suspect

Why wouldn't SF honor the detainer issued by ICE? Wouldn't you like local officials to help the feds in getting guys like this off the street? I would think we all could at least agree to that point.

Because there was no warrant for his arrest, which should be a simple thing for ICE to provide.

I would like people like him off the street but that doesn't mean that state and local police need to start handling immigration enforcement as they frankly have much better things to do.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Because there was no warrant for his arrest, which should be a simple thing for ICE to provide.

I would like people like him off the street but that doesn't mean that state and local police need to start handling immigration enforcement as they frankly have much better things to do.

What exactly better things do they have to do?

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
The feds issued a detainer. That's reason enough for local authorities to cooperate. I can't think of any better things law enforcement authorities could do than save lives

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The feds issued a detainer. That's reason enough for local authorities to cooperate. I can't think of any better things law enforcement authorities could do than save lives

Absolutely not reason enough to cooperate. This isn't minority report where state and local officials can see into the future either.

I can think of better things for state and local police to do, which is their jobs. Their jobs are to enforce state and local law which, by the way, are where the vast majority of murders are prevented/prosecuted/etc. How many more people would be murdered when we take cops off the streets to babysit immigration detainees?

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
Absolutely not reason enough to cooperate. This isn't minority report where state and local officials can see into the future either.

I can think of better things for state and local police to do, which is their jobs. Their jobs are to enforce state and local law which, by the way, are where the vast majority of murders are prevented/prosecuted/etc. How many more people would be murdered when we take cops off the streets to babysit immigration detainees?

What's the purpose of issuing a detainer if it can and is ignored?

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Nice crystal ball. Why would Mexico accept such a role when we're inflicting misery on Mexico & her citizens by deporting them en masse?
How is returning Mexicans who are here illegally to Mexico inflicting misery on Mexico?

As for how Mexico handles non-Mexican illegals who are deported to Mexico, that is my speculation and really is more to get a rise out you than anything else. The concentration camp term is a hot button and I suspect that is why the OP selected it. So I just played along with it.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001

No doubt and underscores how negligent the obama was in doing his job. All this is the result of the obama being flat footed on law enforcement across the board. And look at the mass release of violent felons in his final days in office. Public Safety and Community Safety was never on the obama radar.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How is returning Mexicans who are here illegally to Mexico inflicting misery on Mexico?

As for how Mexico handles non-Mexican illegals who are deported to Mexico, that is my speculation and really is more to get a rise out you than anything else. The concentration camp term is a hot button and I suspect that is why the OP selected it. So I just played along with it.
Mexico likely won't accept the deportation of non-Mexicans from the US into their country. I just file Trump Admin claims that they might as more post-truth Trumpian bullshit.

That's the story of the War on Illegals in the first place.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No doubt and underscores how negligent the obama was in doing his job. All this is the result of the obama being flat footed on law enforcement across the board. And look at the mass release of violent felons in his final days in office. Public Safety and Community Safety was never on the obama radar.

So much fail. Which of Obama's pardons were for crimes of violence? What does it mean when 2/3 of illegals have been in this country more than 10 years, since before Obama took office?

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
This 'logic' is astounding.

So masses of illegals in our country is the best thing ever... who could be opposed?

...but returning the same people to their own country is inflicting misery on that country.

Nice freewheeling pick of sob story narratives there!

Reactions: PokerGuy

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This 'logic' is astounding.

So masses of illegals in our country is the best thing ever... who could be opposed?

...but returning the same people to their own country is inflicting misery on that country.

Nice freewheeling pick of sob story narratives there!

You're not paying attention. The allegation was that Mexico will accept non-Mexican deportees from the US into Mexican detention centers. Linked earlier-

https://www.propublica.org/article/...sing-mexican-border-regardless-of-nationality

It's kinda like the bigly-est inauguration crowd evar, 3 million illegal votes & the Bowling Green massacre.

Conservatives have been steeped in bullshit for so long that they can't even smell the stuff any more.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
If that's the border they came across into a country they don't belong in, then send them back across it.

Again your selective sob story bullshit gives you away.

You're saying its inflicting misery on a nation and its population for people to cross into its border who don't belong there ...

...when that's EXACTLY the same situation you whine for US citizens to accept by default!

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
If that's the border they came across into a country they don't belong in, then send them back across it.

Again your selective sob story bullshit gives you away.

You're saying its inflicting misery on a nation and its population for people to cross into its border who don't belong there ...

...when that's EXACTLY the same situation you whine for US citizens to accept by default!

so if a Mexican immigrated to Canada via the US and Canada kicked them out and back to the US, you'd be perfectly fine with that, right?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The US has been committing a mass murder of innocent Arabs and Afghans since 9/11. Millions probably. So when you say concentration camps, they come in a variety of ways. It doesn't have to be one way or another.

Where is the outcry there? Does mass murder of a certain people not count?

As for deporting illegal immigrants, it's a sign of the times. The world is run by only evil people but unfortunately, the masses don't see it that way. They worship their "leaders." All these leaders are leading this world off a cliff yet we are willing to go with it.