The Holiday Hotlist Giveaway

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NTruong

Sep 15, 2009
I really want to rebuild a gaming PC but 2 toddlers got me tied up all night. A mug will do.

Mr.Vegas

Nov 5, 2018
All I want is LARGE, up to 40 to 55 inch GSYNC+HDR+OLED+120hz monitor, but I can only dream of such marvel.
So for now ill settle with any of these two 2017 announced but not yet released [hopefully end of this month or early 2019] monitors:
Acer Predator X35 or Asus ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Spec: 35 inch, 200Hz, VA Panel, HDR1000, Gsync monitor

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I am in need of a top of the line gaming PC!! My old Pentium 2 just cANT KEEP UP ANYMORE!!

ratbert1

Apr 20, 2007
I want a new G-Sync monitor. Looking at ASUS. Curved ones are nice but so expensive. Probably just go with the 24" 180Hz.

Dr. Swag

Sep 29, 2016
Honestly I already got what a I wanted during Black Friday :p which was a pair of Jabra Elite 65t's

alee67

May 4, 2017
I'd like my weight in gold bars. That's certainly an actual tangible, and not an obscure abstraction. For something that I might actually get, I'd be happy with some DDR4 desktop RAM.

DrReD

Dec 8, 2018
This Year I wished for this beauty (Philips BDM4037UW 40' 4K UHD) to go below 400€.
Black Friday delivered, bringing it down to 399€... And I snatched it!!!

Now I'm wishing for a real miracle:
one Nvidia 1070 with Open source Linux Drivers, or an equivalent from AMD, that doesn't burn 380W on idle. .... I know this one is helpless! ;)

Mukashisaigua

Dec 9, 2018
I want headphone makers $2-1600 to quit their bullshit and offer excellent mics or audio passthrough so that one can exercise, and not particularly dismissively.
I would marry the person who arranges for US churches to generally involve following vim. Or emacs. Or Orthodox GNU emacs.
My other list involves the next AnandTech coffee mug having a base that forms the cold side (so, nominally heated) of an insulated graphene ribbon cable that leads to a TEC on the desktop's cpu heatsink, and also lets me feel how the infiniband ports are doing if I fat-lip the cup.
I would enjoy some replacement mobo capacitors, and to write the world-beating android game that teaches 6 y.o. whether an unusually large extended-temp tantalum cap would do well as a replacement in a variety of places; and to use flux safely.

Mukashisaigua

Dec 9, 2018
I would like a table saw and some DDR4 3200 for the AM4 HTPC system I am building. A Harmony Hub would be appreciated as well. I would also love some Anandtech swag. I've been reading and commenting at this place since it was still on Geocities and Anand wrote all the articles personally.
I miss his writing, hope he is doing well. (Not that I have any problems with Ryan, he is doing a good job.)
I'm pretty sure we only cold-nanoskive here, but it comes in a table format, sure, I see that. What subtask of home theatre can back up that move from DDR3 to DDR4, though? Go on, say it's lower quiescent draw and you're starting with a G200 anyhow?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I would thoroughly enjoy a new pancreas, or perhaps a new kidney.

Maybe I should just swap my ghost into a class A Mil-Spec chassis...

airfathaaaaa

Feb 12, 2016
my wishlist? besides good health? eh a small system with a 2600x and 16gb of ram and whatever gpu just to be able to play star citizen and take my mind off my problems for a bit

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I'd love for my holidays to be peaceful, smooth, and filled with good company. Seeing EPYC 3000 become available for consumers would be pretty sweet too!

Doc Rob

May 9, 2017
My realistic Christmas hot-list would be getting the 3d printer I ordered :) Before Christmas instead of after.. and second though first priority is just to have fun with the family :)

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
Holiday wishlist - A PS4 Slim!
Edit: Oh and an Anandtech GTX 960 in depth review would be nice too.Been waiting on that for a long time now.

Last edited: