the 'Highly Technical' forum is a joke

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Antisocial-Virge
It has gone downhill thats for sure. Hardly any traffic at all anymore.

it never really got traffic. That was the whole point. Very little neffing, and there were huge amounts of infermation flying around in there without insults (well, for the most part) It is an awesome idea and should be continued.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
it never really got traffic. That was the whole point. Very little neffing, and there were huge amounts of infermation flying around in there without insults (well, for the most part) It is an awesome idea and should be continued.
And that's what makes it nice. I feel that I can actually go there sometimes and learn something - a thing that can not be said about OT, or most other forums (though Networking is a notable exception). I just wish the Moderators would delete some of the more pointless locked threads in there; it looks awfully cluttered right now (hint, hint). ;)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The forum was great when it first started. I used to spend a lot of time there... It was too time consuming after a while. The threads
that went on would have me bring out my calculator, calculus/physics books, and made my brain hurt :)

fluxquantum

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Mucman
The forum was great when it first started. I used to spend a lot of time there... It was too time consuming after a while. The threads
that went on would have me bring out my calculator, calculus/physics books, and made my brain hurt :)

LOL, ain't that the truth :)

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Maybe they leave the locked ones as examples of the kind of thread that doesnt belong there. There are those who will never "get it" but many will.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: mastertech01
Maybe they leave the locked ones as examples of the kind of thread that doesnt belong there. There are those who will never "get it" but many will.
Ah, I comprehend now. :)

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
HT would make a lot more sense if people actually posted HT. Half the posts in that forum should belong elsewhere. I really like HT, but sometimes it makes me think too much and posts are too long. :D

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
I like the HT forum. I've asked a couple of questions and had all answered to my satisfaction each time. It can be very enlightening for those people like myself who understand a lot about computers, but know little about say Rocket Sciene (AKA Aeronautical) or Nuclear Engineering.

techfuzz

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman

Not true, when i first joined it seemed to be flourishing and i would spend more time in there just reading sucking up any lil bit of knowledge i could than in any other forum. It really amazed me how smart some people were, I miss the HT forum :(

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
mebbe before the top locked post: "Do not post troubleshooting questions here" there should be placed *READ THIS BEFORE POSTING*

Just to kind of get the point across.

Soldat

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2000
to further elaborate....although most of the above posts have covered the issues that led to my spontaneous complaint. I drift in there to lurk from time to time and lately the locked posts have become more and more frequent while the relevant discussions account for less than a 'page'. The 'forum issues' forum appears to be more heavily trafficked.