The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 105 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Okay gun nutters, explain what responsible gun owner needs with $50,000 worth of guns? Yes yes, he obviously isn’t a responsible gun owner. But these gun and tobacco manufacturers just laughing their way to the bank at this lunacy.

Anyone has a breakdown of gun sales worldwide? Or estimates of legal vs illegal sales?

It doesn't really matter, plenty of people have huge gun collections as some people collect them, and while not a good investment, many times you can buy and sell them and make money. I suppose you think no one should own a Ferrari, because too many people die in automobile crashes already, and nobody needs to go 180 mph right?

As long as people can continue to purchase something legally, it's no one else's business how many they have, even though it makes them appear to be crazy. My wife has 30 pairs of shoes...

If there was a sudden spike of high healed shoe related deaths, I'd call for a ban on them also.

The point remains...whether you or I can see a reason for owning so many guns, the US Constitution doesn't place a limit on how many guns a person can own. (nor does it contain language that bans scary black assault rifles) but that's a different subject)
The gun lobby and millions of legal gun owners will raise hell if anyone tries to limit the number of guns we can own.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The point remains...whether you or I can see a reason for owning so many guns, the US Constitution doesn't place a limit on how many guns a person can own. (nor does it contain language that bans scary black assault rifles) but that's a different subject)
The gun lobby and millions of legal gun owners will raise hell if anyone tries to limit the number of guns we can own.

The constitution also doesn’t say individuals have a right to guns but that’s how it’s been interpreted. So nothing is sacred anymore and it’s now up to which ever political leaning holds a majority on the court. The right for individuals to own a gun can be taken away just as easily as the right was given and so can any restriction be added or removed.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Guy Reffitt, First Jan. 6 Rioter to Go to Trial, Convicted of All Counts
An obstruction of justice charge was brought against Reffitt over accusations that he threatened his children if they reported his involvement in the riot.

Today he was sentenced to 7 years 3 months - the longest yet for a Jan 6 rioter.
1659386518996.png

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Trump is sure going to be busy pardoning those jailed and imprisoned rioters after he gets elected. Just imagine that for a second...
After all the hearings and arrests and trials before a court and a judge, imagine Donald Trump would erase all of that with a simple signature. A scribble on a piece of paper.

I tell ya people, if Trump ever becomes the president AGAIN, you have no idea NO IDEA of the terror and horror that a second Donald Trump will inflict upon America. Think of the very worst nightmare that you can think of, then multiply that by 10000.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Think of the very worst nightmare that you can think of

Bad as he would be if somehow re-elected, nothing Donald Dump could do short of immediately nuking the entire world at random even begins to compare to MY worst nightmares.

;)

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Today he was sentenced to 7 years 3 months - the longest yet for a Jan 6 rioter.
View attachment 65222

Rioter's daughter has said that "Trump deserves Life in Prison!"

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
He could pardon everyone associated with this coup attempt

That’s on the worst possible outcome list

Naw, I'm talking the revenge. For someone like Donald Trump the pardoning would be knee jerk, the nightmare would be the revenge.
Trump wouldn't need to storm the capitol in a Trump-two presidency, he'd just arrest, assassinate, or kidnap his oppressors. Imagine if Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Mitch McConnell simply vanished over night out of the blue? Well, maybe those examples aren't the best examples, but it could happen.

Think about it...
If Donald Trump and his cohorts could install fake election boards in states across the country, Trump-republican friendly election boards, then what would stop Trump and his cohorts from establishing secret hit squads? After all, every self respecting dictator does it. Putin does it.

If you're a democrat (or a republican) who in the past has ever said or did one thing against Donald Trump, well.... just don't answer the door. It may be the last door you ever answer.
And THERE is the beginning of the nightmare(s) I speak of. Tip of the iceberg.