The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
A Three Percenter in jail for his part in the insurrection has penned a letter claiming the legal defense that the attack on the Capitol was a parody.

In other words, if it was a “real” insurrection, it would have succeeded?

I'm amused by the desperation, but there were definitely people at the Capitol who genuinely wanted things to succeed. They wanted to hold Congress members prisoner until the politicians betrayed their oaths... and let's be honest, at least a few of those insurrectionists would have roughed up or even killed politicians if they'd had their way.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A Three Percenter in jail for his part in the insurrection has penned a letter claiming the legal defense that the attack on the Capitol was a parody.

In fishing parlance, he looks like a keeper to me.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I'm amused by the desperation, but there were definitely people at the Capitol who genuinely wanted things to succeed. They wanted to hold Congress members prisoner until the politicians betrayed their oaths... and let's be honest, at least a few of those insurrectionists would have roughed up or even killed politicians if they'd had their way.
They are just using the Trump defense. Throw enough bullshit at the wall and maybe something will stick.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Not surprising that the same people who get all bent over Trevor Noah, John Oliver and Stephen Colbert don’t understand the word “parody”.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
This is another really long article, so you've been warned. It's disturbing in that some of these insurrectionists seemed on the surface not be extremists. Mentally vulnerable people with the political nexus of a criminal liar in office. Their reality window collapses into conspiracy and blaming for their own perceived losses.

The Geophysicist Who Stormed the Capitol - POLITICO

I have 0 sympathy for this person. And for full disclosure, worked as a DOD contractor for 39 years. And duh, the military has a penchant for wasting money, who knew. Me quitting my job because of it would have fixed absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
This is another really long article, so you've been warned.

Just finished reading it all. I see lots of excuse making. He was protecting the officers? Yeah, sure, He went there with a helmet, steel toe boots and zip ties to protect...

Sad that he fed on years of Right Wing lies that filled him with hate, but that can't be an excuse. He channeled his hate into violence, and that is on him.

Nov 17, 2019
More AmeriKKKaners

Nov 17, 2019
Saw that. WAY TO GO, OREGON!

Oregon thread's over yonder:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh and I need to ask this and sorry if the question offends some people but what "Hammer" are we talking about?
Has anyone actually been convicted of sedition and sent to real prison?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Oh and I need to ask this and sorry if the question offends some people but what "Hammer" are we talking about?
Not yet, many have been denied release while more serious charges are being considered. And of course republicans can’t bother to find the truth so such charges could be made.

Just like the two impeachment’s, if republicans don’t vote guilty does that mean mar-a-lardo isn’t guilty?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Now comes The Sedition Hunters. I haven't heard of this group before. Apologies if this has been previously posted.

Yes, they did some reporting on Ex congressman Dana Rohrabacher, R, whom House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said was being paid by Putin (along with Trump), was at the January 6 Insurrection.

Reactions: tweaker2

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
As far as I know, no one has been charged with sedition or insurrection. My hunch is that they haven't found enough evidence of prior planning to make those charges stick. It was an incredibly stupid stupid thing to do, but people being driven by emotion always do stupid things.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
As far as I know, no one has been charged with sedition or insurrection. My hunch is that they haven't found enough evidence of prior planning to make those charges stick. It was an incredibly stupid stupid thing to do, but people being driven by emotion always do stupid things.
And traitorous things.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Their "emotion" emerged from a false belief in conspiracy theories about the election. So I guess one could say that when people are emotional because they believe stupid things, they are bound to do stupid things.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

About half have been charged with felonies. Sentences are expected to be several months up to about 5 years. Not sure what you mean by "real prison" but it sounds like real prison to me.

If you're asking if anyone is going to prison for life, then no.