The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
To be fair, a number of the rioters were undoubtedly close and personal friends of hers, so she would be an expert witness on the issue.
I think she gave a few of them a tour of the capitol so they could be oriented.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You just can't make this shit up:

So CA rep Zoe Lofgren compiles and publishes a 2000 page report showing the social media activity of various GOP reps. Social media posts where they push Big Lie conspiracy theories about the election and generally incite their readers to riot.

So some dickhead GOP rep named Buddy Carter files a formal House complaint against Lofgren, saying she "violated rules of "decorum," and "disparage" them, in violation of House communications rules." Sniff sniff. All because she issued a report containing their actual words on social media where they promote batshit conspiracy theories about the election. How dare she publish the things they actually said!

Party of personal responsibility? Snowflakery?

Today's GOP is such a damn cesspool.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You just can't make this shit up:

So CA rep Zoe Lofgren compiles and publishes a 2000 page report showing the social media activity of various GOP reps. Social media posts where they push Big Lie conspiracy theories about the election and generally incite their readers to riot.

So some dickhead GOP rep named Buddy Carter files a formal House complaint against Lofgren, saying she "violated rules of "decorum," and "disparage" them, in violation of House communications rules." Sniff sniff. All because she issued a report containing their actual words on social media where they promote batshit conspiracy theories about the election. How dare she publish the things they actually said!

Party of personal responsibility? Snowflakery?

Today's GOP is such a damn cesspool.

OMFG! How dare she use their own words against them?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
We got a winner here. Scoring points with the judge. Showing his conservative respect for law and order.

A Capitol riot suspect yelled 'f--- all of you!' at his Zoom court hearing then hung up on the judge, reports say (msn.com)

As if there has ever been any doubt about the true origin of most of this nonsense.

He then had to be muted for numerous interruptions- including in one case where the defense lawyer said his client had been influenced by watching too much Fox News, The Daily Beast reported.

This will become a novel legal defense. Your honor, my client is afflicted with Fox Derangement Syndrome. He doesn't need jail. He deserves our compassion and our help!

LOL@ "foxitis" and "foxmania."

Last edited:

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
As if there has ever been any doubt about the true origin of most of this nonsense.

This will become a novel legal defense. Your honor, my client is afflicted with Fox Derangement Syndrome. He doesn't need jail. He deserves our compassion and our help!

LOL@ "foxitus" and "foxmania."

I Sentence him to 300 hours of CNN, which he will watch from the federal detention facility.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

LOL@ "foxitus" and "foxmania."

Lol .. Foxitis. The only cure is a radical complete Foxectomy.

If your election delusions last more than four months, please consult a doctor.

Or perhaps a really juicy lawsuit against the Murdochs, holding them responsible for the lies they broadcast. A lawsuit might not fly, given that Fox News was not the only source of lies. But it would be nice to see someone try. I actually kinda hope one of these idiots wins with that defense, because it would immediately open Fox News to multimillion dollar lawsuits.

Just the thing: https://www.northernsun.com/Turn-Off-Fox-News-Bumper-Sticker-(7195).html

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Lol .. Foxitis. The only cure is a radical complete Foxectomy.

If your election delusions last more than four months, please consult a doctor.

Or perhaps a really juicy lawsuit against the Murdochs, holding them responsible for the lies they broadcast. A lawsuit might not fly, given that Fox News was not the only source of lies. But it would be nice to see someone try. I actually kinda hope one of these idiots wins with that defense, because it would immediately open Fox News to multimillion dollar lawsuits.

Just the thing: https://www.northernsun.com/Turn-Off-Fox-News-Bumper-Sticker-(7195).html

You do realize that Dominion and Smartmatic are doing exactly what you suggest, right?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
“Foxitis” means “inflammation of the fox,” not “inflammation caused by Fox.” I’m not sure what the correct medical term should be.

Foxrrhea?
Foxrot?
Foxemia?
Foxophagia?
YoureFoxed?
Vulpine Toxic Encephalopathy?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
“Foxitis” means “inflammation of the fox,” not “inflammation caused by Fox.” I’m not sure what the correct medical term should be.

Foxrrhea?
Foxrot?
Foxemia?
Foxophagia?
YoureFoxed?
Vulpine Toxic Encephalopathy?

I think a more medically accurate term might be Fox warts. It’s contagious if one spends too much time in the presence of Fox or someone who already has Fox warts, it’s symptoms can be unsightly red hats, being easily emotionally triggered, hypocrisy, irrational or illogical thinking, a belief in conspiracies, racist rant outbreaks, diarrhea of the mouth, irritability, and thoughts of killing fellow Americans.

If left untreated, sedition, loss of money, loss of friends and family, dysfunctional government, and destruction of democracy may occur.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
One of them made argument that it takes 45 minutes to walk from where the rally was to the capital. Like it couldn't have been then because they couldn't have got there so fast. The Dem after, umm my colleague knows better. It doesn't take that long to walk a few blocks.