The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
People move like this after fireworks at Disney World. Especially Brazilian teenager tour groups. Not really sure it requires much real training.

He's bigger point though holds, these are a bunch of small dicks playing solder.

The point he made that I have seen mentioned nowhere else was that anyone trained in that common military maneuver would NOT be likely to use their weapon-hand and the vast majority of people are righties.

Apparently all of these clowns were using their right hand on the guy in fronts shoulder. (to be fair I have not watched it again to double-check)

:rolleyes:

Reactions: iRONic and Zorba

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump was just a symptom.

White grievance as ideology became palatable in Republican Party politics when Goldwater first campaigned on an anti–civil rights platform in 1964, and then valorized when Reagan made states’ rights part of his messaging in 1980. Since then, right-wing politicians have continued to tell white people that their country has been taken from them—even when Republican presidents who campaigned on taking it back occupy the White House.

It’s Always About Stopping the Steal – Mother Jones

Nov 17, 2019
They definitely ain't the snappiest peas in the pod:

An Ohio man who posted videos from the U.S. Capitol riots has been arrested on federal charges of making interstate threats and threatening a witness.

In one video, 40-year-old Justin Stoll, of Wilmington, declared: “D.C.’s a war zone!...You ain’t got enough cops, baby! We are at war at the Capitol…. We have taken the Capitol. This is our country.”

The federal complaint said that when one YouTube viewer said he or she had saved his video, Stoll warned that if the viewer took action to “ever jeopardize me, from being with my family,” then the person would meet his or her maker, and that he would be the one to “arrange the meeting.”

Stoll appeared before a U.S. magistrate in Cincinnati, who released him under restrictions including that he remain in southern Ohio with electronic monitoring, stay off social media, stay away from firearms, obtain mental counseling and not contact potential witnesses or victims.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Zorba

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
They definitely ain't the snappiest peas in the pod:

An Ohio man who posted videos from the U.S. Capitol riots has been arrested on federal charges of making interstate threats and threatening a witness.

In one video, 40-year-old Justin Stoll, of Wilmington, declared: “D.C.’s a war zone!...You ain’t got enough cops, baby! We are at war at the Capitol…. We have taken the Capitol. This is our country.”

The federal complaint said that when one YouTube viewer said he or she had saved his video, Stoll warned that if the viewer took action to “ever jeopardize me, from being with my family,” then the person would meet his or her maker, and that he would be the one to “arrange the meeting.”

Stoll appeared before a U.S. magistrate in Cincinnati, who released him under restrictions including that he remain in southern Ohio with electronic monitoring, stay off social media, stay away from firearms, obtain mental counseling and not contact potential witnesses or victims.

Seriously? Why in heck are you still posting Dark text after asked not to??

This forum has an official Dark Theme (Preferences->Style"AnandTech Dark"), that many of us use. What you just posted above has close to invisible text on the Dark Theme. Colored text of any form is a BAD idea, unless you want to switch themes and see how it looks in each theme.

It's not like Dark Forum Posters are being dicks and posting light text, that looks totally fine for us, but is garbage for the Light Theme users. :p

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Why do you keep harping on it after I say I'm not?
I don't select any formatting at all.

Because you actually are. Toggle BB code and see what you are posting.

If you just cut and paste text with color tags. The tags get posted as well. You might not notice when you post tagged text because it looks ok on the Light theme.

But it's unreadable on the Dark theme.

Use "paste as plain text" on mouse context menu, or the "remove formatting" button to clean up your cut and pastes.

Reactions: pmv

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Because you actually are. Toggle BB code and see what you are posting.

If you just cut and paste text with color tags. The tags get posted as well. You might not notice when you post tagged text because it looks ok on the Light theme.

But it's unreadable on the Dark theme.

Use "paste as plain text" on mouse context menu, or the "remove formatting" button to clean up your cut and pastes.

That sounds like a "darkie problem" to me. Why should he change to accommodate you?

:p

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Why do you keep harping on it after I say I'm not?
I don't select any formatting at all.

You may not have intentionally set anything to do it BUT it's happening I can confirm it. Might have something to do with the font?

Work-around is highlight the dark text however it is a bit of a pain.

Reactions: pmv

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
You may not have intentionally set anything to do it BUT it's happening I can confirm it. Might have something to do with the font?

Work-around is highlight the dark text however it is a bit of a pain.

It's a simple cut and paste issue. When you cut and paste from other Web pages, you get much of the formatting they have including color.

Which is why I pretty much always use "Paste as Plain text", and I assume most others do as well, or use the "remove formatting button".

People who don't paste clean cause this problem and font sizing issues as well.

Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I don't know how you folks use a dark theme. They are great until you click on another site/tab and then it's like staring at the sun.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
It's a simple cut and paste issue. When you cut and paste from other Web pages, you get much of the formatting they have including color.

Which is why I pretty much always use "Paste as Plain text", and I assume most others do as well, or use the "remove formatting button".

People who don't paste clean cause this problem and font sizing issues as well.

Yeah if you are using Windows just right click and select paste as plain text or use Ctrl+shift+V

1610750090752.png

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah if you are using Windows just right click and select paste as plain text or use Ctrl+shift+V

View attachment 37871

FUCK THAT! The author of some site went to all that work to format and highlight things he (or she) thought were important enough to bring to our attention...plus pasting as plain text "kills" any links in the text.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Reactions: loafbred

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just to be clear Donald never gave a fuck about the common man. He only cares for influential people who can help him. I don't foresee a blind sweeping pardon to all the nuts who stormed the capital.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Just to be clear Donald never gave a fuck about the common man. He only cares for influential people who can help him. I don't foresee a blind sweeping pardon to all the nuts who stormed the capital.
This is true, but I could see him doing it purely out of spite, since a good part of the country is hoping these people are held accountable. It'd be a last "fuck you" on his way out the door.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Of course he doesn't care about them. But doing so would piss off the left. For that reason alone I suspect it is likely.

Reactions: Pohemi