The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 86 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Ashli Babbitt deserved to get shot. She earned that bullet. Good riddance to her.
I don't like that anyone was shot but it's impossible to argue that she didn't have every chance to back away. She was obviously an antagonist bent on overcoming whatever was Infront of her until she was faced with lethal force.
It's shit but that was her decision.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Jul 9, 2009
So what? The officer was sworn to protect Congress, not just himself.
Police are sworn to protect everyone and to serve. You should be giving this particular officer the same consideration that you give other officers that shoot unarmed people. I know i am.

Jul 9, 2009
I don't like that anyone was shot but it's impossible to argue that she didn't have every chance to back away. She was obviously an antagonist bent on overcoming whatever was Infront of her until she was faced with lethal force.
I don't think she ever saw the gun.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
She and her family are fucking insane conspiracy theorist traitors. She was physically attempting to prevent the peaceful transfer of power in a democracy. She deserved that bullet. A lot more traitors deserved bullets that day.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
She and her family are fucking insane conspiracy theorist traitors. She was physically attempting to prevent the peaceful transfer of power in a democracy. She deserved that bullet. A lot more traitors deserved bullets that day.

But who would you have dish out those bullets?

I mean there were more than a few cops among the insurrectionists. Does that not say something about cops?

If you applaud or encourage cops shooting people, you have to acknowledge the kind of people you are cheering on to do the shooting. And who do you think they will be most prone to shoot, if you encourage them to do so in a general sense? The majority of those they end up shooting in the longer run won't be right-wing insurrectionists.

And however nuts Babbitt was (and she seems to have been seriously nuts) I don't think it's a good thing to give the right their martyrs, unless absolutely unavoidable (in her case it probably was, but still a sub-optimal outcome).

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
But who would you have dish out those bullets?

I mean there were more than a few cops among the insurrectionists. Does that not say something about cops?

If you applaud or encourage cops shooting people, you have to acknowledge the kind of people you are cheering on to do the shooting. And who do you think they will be most prone to shoot, if you encourage them to do so in a general sense? The majority of those they end up shooting in the longer run won't be right-wing insurrectionists.

And however nuts Babbitt was (and she seems to have been seriously nuts) I don't think it's a good thing to give the right their martyrs, unless absolutely unavoidable (in her case it probably was, but still a sub-optimal outcome).
I didn't say it would be good to give the insane GQP cult party martyrs, I'm just saying they deserved to be shot.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I don't think she ever saw the gun.
Maybe you should actually go watch the video of her getting shot with sound, as your response indicates you haven't watched the video. So you can learn that it was called out "gun", "there's a gun", "he's got a gun" by more than one person, one of which was back in the mob near her, before she decided to try to climb thru the window, ignoring the warning that he has a gun. She didn't have to see the gun, she was warned multiple times. And maybe, if you watch it from the beginning you will retract your bullshit argument. or maybe not, since we all know your brain is seriously broken.

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Yo, Import ....If someone breaks a window at your home or office and is forcing their way in, even after you tell them to stop, whatcha' gonna do?

The capital situation was MUCH worse. If she was alone, he might have considered trying to physically subdue her, but she was the leading edge of a angry Mob. If he let her through, the mob was going to follow, and would have been unstoppable.

He did the only reasonable thing to protect the congress members. He shot and stopped the leading member, and stopped the mob cold.

This someone facing down a mob and taking only one calculated shot to stop them.

The shooter deserves a medal, for remaining cool in an insane situation, and using the minimum amount of force to prevent a catastrophe.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Which is why the Orangies are so opposed to it.

Donald refuses to take the blame for her death of which she was there at his direction, so he has to, in true form, blame someone else for his acts of incompetence and sheer stupidity. He incited that insurrection, is presently not being held accountable for it and will continue to conspire to seek the shelter from prosecution he once had due to his position of power at that time. He's exploiting her death to that end and he will lay down the lives of any and all who would risk their lives in his name.

70+ million Repubs still think he's the guy they want back in the White House. That is much more frightful than the man himself given the monumental wreckage of a term he left behind him.

Reactions: hal2kilo

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Donald refuses to take the blame for her death of which she was there at his direction, so he has to, in true form, blame someone else for his acts of incompetence and sheer stupidity. He incited that insurrection, is presently not being held accountable for it and will continue to conspire to seek the shelter from prosecution he once had due to his position of power at that time. He's exploiting her death to that end and he will lay down the lives of any and all who would risk their lives in his name.

70+ million Repubs still think he's the guy they want back in the White House. That is much more frightful than the man himself given the monumental wreckage of a term he left behind him.

Republicans really love their dead political props…as long as they aren’t black or dead from COVID.

Trump wishing Ashli Babbitt a happy birthday is just the icing on a very deplorable cake.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lin Wood are going to war over which one is more batshit crazy. Wood says MTG isn’t doing enough to reinstate Trump, and that by demanding the impeachment of Biden she’s acknowledging that he won. He thinks she's a communist. They are fighting over who is the bigger supporter of Kyle Rittenhouse. The great and really smart QAnon John, could see this MASSIVE divide coming within the movement "from a mile away". And QAnon influencer- batshitter extraordinaire Jordan Sather thinks this spat means the CIA and the Mossad are infiltrating Patriot/MAGA/Q movement.

Lol @ Republicans and this nutty ass grifting Trumpland

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

and anotha one

Whoops...

While I'm glad to see him get arrested and charged, won't this give weight to the defense teams who have been claiming their clients were "invited in" by Capitol Police?

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Whoops...

While I'm glad to see him get arrested and charged, won't this give weight to the defense teams who have been claiming their clients were "invited in" by Capitol Police?
i don't think so, judges appear to be thinking the same, besides he did the the day after

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
Whoops...

Well, not THIS particular officer .....

Capitol Police officer indicted on obstruction charges

www.mercurynews.com.ico
Mercury News|55 minutes ago
Riley had worked with the Capitol Police for 25 years, the indictment said. He was in the K-9 unit on January 6, though he was not on duty inside the Capitol building during the attack,

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Is Import really THAT stupid?

It's called sticking your head up your ass, seeing shit up the wazoo, and saying you saw paradise. They've basically taken "owning the libs" as a religion and talked themselves into believing made up stories when the facts are biting them right in the ass.

There is no point in arguing with him. Whatever facts you bring up will be conveniently swept under a rug, never to be seen again. They are so delusional that they don't even need to twist facts to support their arguments. Anything that points out their lies just conveniently gets left out or is fake news. At this point, I don't bother trying to argue logic with those who say they are protecting democracy but really are protecting democrazy.

Edit: Also, why the hell are there so little felony convictions? Charge them with felonies. For the crime of insurrection, they should lose their right to vote.

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Some recent sentences handed down. Kinda sad IMO (lenient)

BAUER, Robert L.
Sentenced 10/13 to 45 days incarceration, 60 hours community service and $500 restitution.

BENNETT, Andrew Ryan
Sentenced 10/1/21 to two years of probation, the first three months of which are to be served in home confinement; $10 special assessment; $500 restitution to the Architect of the Capitol; 80 hours of community service.

BISSEY, Dona Sue
Sentenced 10/12 to 14 days incarceration, 60 hours community service, and $500 restitution.

DOYLE, Danielle Nicole
Sentenced 10/1/21 to two months probation, $10 special assessment, $3,000 fine, and $500 restitution to the Architect of the Capitol.

HEMENWAY II, Edward E.
Sentenced 10/13 to 45 days incarceration, 60 hours community service and $500 restitution.

JANCART, Derek
Sentenced on 9/29 to 45 days incarceration and $500 restitution.

MAZZOCCO, Matthew Carl
Sentenced 10/4 to 45 days incarceration.

RAU, Erik
Sentenced on 9/29 to 45 days incarceration and $500 restitution.

ROSA, Eliel
Sentenced 10/12 to 12 months probation, $500 restitution and 100 hours of community service.