The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
We've all seen the video, best shoot in the history of police shootings of in armed people. The bigger issue is all the cops that didn't shoot the fuckers.
After watching the NYT video, I'm truly surprised more people didn't get shot. Though I'm not sure if dropping more people would have scared the insurrectionists off or actually made them angrier (but they pushed in anyway). The only benefit to not doing so is that the officers on site bought as much time as possible for Congress to evacuate.

Reactions: hal2kilo

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Is that a variant of the chewbacca defense?

So... if I try to rob a grocery store, but I’m too stupid to read and too fucking stupid to know what I was planning, and end up trying to rob a gas station, they’ll let me skate because I was yelling “I’m robbing this grocery store!” during the botched hold up of the gas station? Something is not quite right here.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So... if I try to rob a grocery store, but I’m too stupid to read and too fucking stupid to know what I was planning, and end up trying to rob a gas station, they’ll let me skate because I was yelling “I’m robbing this grocery store!” during the botched hold up of the gas station? Something is not quite right here.

They're not letting him skate. He's released to home confinement pending trial. Lots of rules with an ankle bracelet, I'm sure.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
They need to track down and arrest this qMUЯT guy, whose name was clearly visible on many of the flags.

I reckon he was the real ring-leader behind it. Probably antifa. Though that Cyrillic Я suggests a Russian connection.

e.g.

Capitol-riot.jpg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
And two guys try to blow up democratic headquarters out in Sacramento while again Donald Trump enjoys his freedom as others do his dirty work. And get caught….. And go to jail.… And lose their freedom. Donald Trump, what a man. :rolleyes:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And two guys try to blow up democratic headquarters out in Sacramento while again Donald Trump enjoys his freedom as others do his dirty work. And get caught….. And go to jail.… And lose their freedom. Donald Trump, what a man. :rolleyes:

Those guys were tied to Donald Trump?

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And the first rioter convicted of a felony gets 8 months in prison. Prosecution wanted 1.5yrs
and defense wanted probation. The judge said ''he contributed to a grave offense against democracy but deserved some leniency because he pleaded guilty 'exceptionally early' in the process and was not involved in any of the violence on January 6." The judge definitely condemned the actions of everyone who participated.

We'll see if this sets the mark for future cases.

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
And the first rioter convicted of a felony gets 8 months in prison. Prosecution wanted 10 yrs
and defense wanted probation.

Should've been 8 years.

Nov 17, 2019
At least they can't vote anymore. Over-under on being arrested in 2022/2024 for voting fraud?
I'd really like to know if any of these doinks voted last year. They don't have to say 'for who', but I think they should disclose 'if'. There was some word a while back that at least some had not voted and weren't even registered.

Reactions: hal2kilo

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I hope this means that others charged with a felony will get longer sentences.

District Judge Randolph Moss departed from that recommendation. He said Hodgkins contributed to a grave offense against democracy but deserved some leniency because he pleaded guilty "exceptionally early," wasn't involved in violence and issued a "sincere" apology.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I hope this means that others charged with a felony will get longer sentences.

Hopefully, that is the minimum for basic trespassers.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, that guy was charged with the felony. About half are only charged with a misdemeanor, which is a slap on the wrist.

Surely you know that the only charges that matter are the ones introduced at trial. It's the Feds. Turn stupid during plea negotiations & they'll up the ante. Stay stupid & they'll shove it up your ass. Most of these poor dumb schmucks can't afford the representation to really make it much of a fight anyway.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Surely you know that the only charges that matter are the ones introduced at trial. It's the Feds. Turn stupid during plea negotiations & they'll up the ante. Stay stupid & they'll shove it up your ass. Most of these poor dumb schmucks can't afford the representation to really make it much of a fight anyway.

No, prosecutors never start out by undercharging. It's always the other way around, to gain leverage in plea negotiations. I wouldn't expect too many charged with misdemeanors to see the charges increased to felonies.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Are you implying Donald isn't stepping up and paying their attorney fees?
abe.thumb.png

• Haha
Reactions: feralkid