The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I knew these people were dumb, but that video just completely proves it. People taking photos of documents with their phones and making calls while inside the Capitol.

This was one of my favorite parts:

Dumbass with megaphone, "Hey everybody, CNN is hiding behind Union Station."
Other dumbass, "I don't know where that is though, I'm not from here."

For those who dont understand the joke here:

Union Station is absolutely massive and the "behind" area is probably the size of a modern football stadium.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I don't know if this was noted previously, but the depth of stupid here is astounding: (bolded by me for emphasis)

Another person arrested Sunday, Bryan Betancur, was captured on video holding a Confederate battle flag in a restricted section on the west side of the Capitol, the FBI said in court documents.

Betancur, who was on probation for a burglary conviction, was wearing an ankle bracelet, and GPS data showed he was in the area for three hours on Jan. 6, according to the documents.

Betancur faces charges of participating in unlawful activities on restricted grounds and other crimes. It was unclear Sunday night whether he had a lawyer.

• Wow
Reactions: Fenixgoon

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I knew these people were dumb, but that video just completely proves it. People taking photos of documents with their phones and making calls while inside the Capitol.

This was one of my favorite parts:

Dumbass with megaphone, "Hey everybody, CNN is hiding behind Union Station."
Other dumbass, "I don't know where that is though, I'm not from here."

When Rifling through the documents, they find Ted Cruz's objections to the confirmation, one idiot says something like: I knew he would turn on us... then another slightly less dumb idiot, points out that he is objecting to Biden win and he's on "our side"...

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The more we learn about the perpetrators, the more this seems like a 'perfect' parallel to the Trump White House. If his administration was "stupid Watergate," then the Capitol rioters were a "stupid Confederacy;" in both cases, we were saved because they were completely clueless.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

These people are "Cognitive Dissidents"

Facing consequences was something that never entered into their minds. The fact that they just openly photographed and documented themselves while committing crimes would certainly suggest a disconnect with logic and reality. They actually considered themselves, and probably to some extent still consider themselves, the heroes in this story.

And entitlement.

They felt entitled to be there, pushing past barriers and through doors, assaulting public officers and public officials. It’s “their” country, and some of them evens said as much.
These people live in a zero-sum world, which means that if it’s their country, then certain people are necessarily excluded from having the same rights and privileges.

Modern day Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

This is an example of the kind of fundamental disconnect (and incredibly poor critical thinking skills) that we’re dealing with

800.jpeg

Always the victim; never at fault. I'm not sure how you get to be that old without being able to tell when you’re being bamboozled. I can only imagine what his checking account looks like.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Always the victim; never at fault. I'm not sure how you get to be that old without being able to tell when you’re being bamboozled. I can only imagine what his checking account looks like.

Actually getting to be that old is part of the problem. The aging brain has more difficulty detecting scams:

Nov 17, 2019
More is more:

Reactions: Zorba

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Don't know if this has been brought up before but I do wonder what all of those security cams installed in/at the Capitol are coming up with. I also wonder if those insurrectionists even thought about the fact that they were being recorded for posterity and what the consequences were for what they were doing there.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Man it's disappointing to hear the guitarist from Iced Earth was there, oh well wasn't a huge fan anyways.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Don't know if this has been brought up before but I do wonder what all of those security cams installed in/at the Capitol are coming up with. I also wonder if those insurrectionists even thought about the fact that they were being recorded for posterity and what the consequences were for what they were doing there.

Considering the inside nature of some aspects of this, I suspect that footage mysteriously disappeared.

Nov 17, 2019
Guy Reffitt was arrested Friday at his home in Wylie, a city about 35 miles (56 kilometers) northeast of downtown Dallas, according to court records. An FBI spokeswoman said Matthew Carl Mazzocco, 37, was also arrested without incident in San Antonio on Sunday.

Reffitt is charged with obstruction of justice and unlawful entry. According to an affidavit, the 48-year-old was recorded on video outside the Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot and later threatened his wife and children if they turned him in.

Hey LAAADDYYYYY, get yourself a good divorce lawyer.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
These people are "Cognitive Dissidents"

Facing consequences was something that never entered into their minds. The fact that they just openly photographed and documented themselves while committing crimes would certainly suggest a disconnect with logic and reality. They actually considered themselves, and probably to some extent still consider themselves, the heroes in this story.

And entitlement.

They felt entitled to be there, pushing past barriers and through doors, assaulting public officers and public officials. It’s “their” country, and some of them evens said as much.
These people live in a zero-sum world, which means that if it’s their country, then certain people are necessarily excluded from having the same rights and privileges.

Modern day Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

This is an example of the kind of fundamental disconnect (and incredibly poor critical thinking skills) that we’re dealing with

View attachment 37984

Wrinkled old white man with an AOL account really drives home the point. These people are very out of touch. Thank god their precious fox news is there for comfort every day.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Yeah there obviously isn't any evidence that would make him believe Biden won since there is already plenty of it out there. He just wants to pretend like he's open minded and willing to listen when he's already made up his mind. Then he'll blame liberals for not playing his game.

Reactions: Zorba and Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hillary was absolutely right about "The Basket Of Deplorables".
Damn spooky, isn't it....?
How would Hillary have gotten this soooo right? And when so many then bashed Hillary after she originally made this statement, Oh Boy was she right on the money with this one.
"The Basket Of Deplorables", there "is" no better description....
And... in the meantime... more "Deplorables" rounded up and locked up.

Untitled.jpg

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I'm loving some of the dynamics behind the scenes that is coming out.

I've seen at least 2 instances where teens were punished, grounded, and even thrown out of the home for participating in BLM, or similar protests, because they were "too dangerous". But karma is always around, and in both cases the teen outed their parents to the FBI for breaching the Capital Building.

I hope someone is collecting these and will put out a book, it could be quite entertaining. Maybe title it "Insurrection for the fucking stupid".

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Posting the above I had a thought. This past summer my city like many had BLM protests. The local PD actually used greater force (teargas, rubber bullets) against those protestors than Capital Police used against rioters forcing their way into the Capital and attempting to overthrow our government. WTF?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Posting the above I had a thought. This past summer my city like many had BLM protests. The local PD actually used greater force (teargas, rubber bullets) against those protestors than Capital Police used against rioters forcing their way into the Capital and attempting to overthrow our government. WTF?
Yep. Unequal enforcement and/or application of force.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

I'm sure Capitol Police background checks are being/have been reviewed for possible sympathisers and how they cooperated with those "fine people" who charged into the Capitol. We probably won't hear too much about this contributing factor until Trump and his sycophant hirelings are cleared out and gone.