The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
They simply don't get it. They don't understand that they were involved in one of the most serious crimes in recent memory (short of committing intentional murder).

The hilarious/sad bit is that she thought that it would only be a crime if there were explicit warnings... I want to ask her if she thinks it's okay to shoplift if a store doesn't have "no shoplifting" signs or scanners at the entrance.

Really, she and other rioters are the product of Trump's thinking: that on-the-ground facts don't matter so long as you feel you're in the right. Unfortunately for her, she's about to realize that most of the non-Trump world doesn't care what she feels.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Yeah as part of his "burning down the rest of the country" on the way out, he could just issue one pardon to help it along. Less work than trying to pardon everyone. He could just pardon Q-Shaman. One of the most visible rioters, and Qanon cult members. That would be an easy one, and it would restore any lost faith, then they would be double sure that he is on their side and fighting the secret cabal for them.
Can he just issue a pardon "for eveyone involved" or does he have to do it individually? He can't just pardon en mass can he?

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
The hilarious/sad bit is that she thought that it would only be a crime if there were explicit warnings... I want to ask her if she thinks it's okay to shoplift if a store doesn't have "no shoplifting" signs or scanners at the entrance.

Really, she and other rioters are the product of Trump's thinking: that on-the-ground facts don't matter so long as you feel you're in the right. Unfortunately for her, she's about to realize that most of the non-Trump world doesn't care what she feels.

In reality it is the government's fault...

They should have left a sign in book at the front door.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and Pohemi

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Chumps for Trump go under the bus. Thumpity-thump. They're all Antifas anyway, right?

Half the crowd there was antifa, half the crowd was there because of Trump. The third half was only there to see what was going on. And the 4th half were just there to support their 40-50 year old sons. “When you leave Mommy’s basement, Mommy comes with you!”

Feb 4, 2009
God I’m listening to the long for audio from the trump tard failed revolution

It is literally every irritating dumb moron I have ever met.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Out of curiosity, who in this thread is this post replying to? Also, who on this board do you suppose is unaware that the president is elected by the electoral college rather than the popular vote?
Out of curiosity, was anything that I stated incorrect? I wasn't aware that you're the gatekeeper of posts here and that I needed your permission to post.

I was "replying" to quite a few posts in this thread, but didn't want to quote them all with my reply, assuming that since I was only inserting a few sentences, it'd get read by people taking part in the thread.

But since I need to explain my post to you, here ya go.

Entitled Jet lady DINT DOO NUFFIN :rolleyes:

She lives in Texas, so not necessarily likely to lose her job or local support...mostly idiot rednecks there anyway. They're more likely to give her a parade.
I think she is a realtor in the DFW area. Half of her clients are likely Dems.
I thought most of the state was red, other than a few metro areas (NOT DFW...more like San Antonio or maybe Houston)...no?
All the major cities except for Ft. Worth are extremely blue. Ft. Worth is about 50/50. Even the suburbs are blue or just slightly red.
Tarrant County went blue the last two elections. Fort Worth is now purple. Dallas is further entrenching in its blueness.

All major metros in Texas are blue now.

Democrats have also made significant inroads into the suburbs dropping some to single digit losses instead of the 25+ percent losses. It’s like elsewhere in the country a stark urban/rural divide.
Fckn Kahleeforneeyans moving in and bringing their librulness with them...:mad:
The cities are safe, even in Texas. It's once you get out of them the wackos are prevalent. I sold a bike bag to a guy today, we started talking. They have a house in the Jersey burbs and then in a rural area of NY, where his wife grew up. He said most of those people that were rural, grew up rural, and lever left, it's like they never left high school. Many of them just don't evolve. I mean if you aren't exposed to more of the human condition, culture, diversity, what do you expect? These people are just backwards.

The Trump base in a nutshell. I mean obviously he gets support in cities too. Living in a city doesn't guarantee evolution, but it sure helps.
Yeah, that's my state in a nutshell, 3 cities vote in dem govs every so often or for dem feds but most of the state is rural, so the state legislature is almost all pubs. It's why some of our laws seem like we're stuck in the 1950s, and the legislature pricks are constantly trying to turn us back even further. It's Wisconsin, btw.
When I was in college my mom moved to Ft. Smith Arkansas. And the majority of her coworkers had never been to a zoo, or theater, or amusement park, etc. Many of them had either never really been to a large city, or if they had it was a few trips to Tulsa or Little Rock. It is still unbelievable to me. Especially considering Ft. Smith isn't that small (~85k), I really can't imagine how isolated people get in the really small towns.

Then my post, showing that even though California is Blue, Texas is Red, and New York is Blue, the actual numbers of Republican and Democratic voters in those Red and Blue states are often ignored because of the "color" of the majority of voters of those states, and the awarding of all of the state's votes to the majority, due to the EC.

Reactions: loafbred and Pohemi

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've lost count-how many of those antifa infiltrators have they arrested so far? That's who the GOP pols/Faux News shills are claiming really were in the Capitol.

• Haha

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I've lost count-how many of those antifa infiltrators have they arrested so far? That's who the GOP pols/Faux News shills are claiming really were in the Capitol.
Just got that bullshit from my in-laws. But if it wasn't them, then it wasn't a big deal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It appears some people are finally starting to realize the right-wing propaganda machine is real.

Rudy has apparently decided he can get away with anything. He told the mob "Let's have trial by combat!" as they set out to attack the Capitol, later claims it was all pre-planned by forces un-named to discredit the President. Musta been Antifas.

Play that for the jury when he's on trial for incitement to riot.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If someone was hailed as America’s mayor and yet deep down they knew they were a fraud, would they subconsciously sabotage themselves and publicly become the fraud they think they are?

Reactions: Thump553 and Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's very possible. Let's ask @Moonbeam ?
I just read an article somewhere on what made Giuliani go fruit cake, maybe from a link in this thread or elsewhere. I tried to find it and turned up a large number of opinions on that subject. The one I refer to and can’t find said he got addicted to the attention and fame from 911 ran for President and failed and has been trying to get back into relevance and the spotlight ever since.

a s to your question, the possibility of self destruction out of feeling undeserving makes good sense to me, but it would not be accurate to think he KNOWS he is undeserving, but that he has that FEELING UNCONSCIOUSLY.

My personal opinion or how I would describe him is that he has no real moral center. He lives a fake life that is set by what he thinks others will reward with praise. He is a chameleon roll player acting for the audience he imagines is there. His imagination isn’t bound by a moral center, but by an adulation seeking ego. Maybe a Stockholm need to please Daddy.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Want to know just how STUPID they are in KY?

Damon Beckley told WDRB-TV in Louisville that he has deleted Facebook and removed the SIM card from his phone out of fear he could be charged.

They even told his name, ON TV! Welp, here's yer sign.

• Haha

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I just read an article somewhere on what made Giuliani go fruit cake, maybe from a link in this thread or elsewhere. I tried to find it and turned up a large number of opinions on that subject. The one I refer to and can’t find said he got addicted to the attention and fame from 911 ran for President and failed and has been trying to get back into relevance and the spotlight ever since.

a s to your question, the possibility of self destruction out of feeling undeserving makes good sense to me, but it would not be accurate to think he KNOWS he is undeserving, but that he has that FEELING UNCONSCIOUSLY.

My personal opinion or how I would describe him is that he has no real moral center. He lives a fake life that is set by what he thinks others will reward with praise. He is a chameleon roll player acting for the audience he imagines is there. His imagination isn’t bound by a moral center, but by an adulation seeking ego. Maybe a Stockholm need to please Daddy.

So...a perfect match for Trump...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

You must post commentary along with any images/video or links.
It is in the P&N rules.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zorba

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

I knew these people were dumb, but that video just completely proves it. People taking photos of documents with their phones and making calls while inside the Capitol.

This was one of my favorite parts:

Dumbass with megaphone, "Hey everybody, CNN is hiding behind Union Station."
Other dumbass, "I don't know where that is though, I'm not from here."

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I knew these people were dumb, but that video just completely proves it. People taking photos of documents with their phones and making calls while inside the Capitol.

Some are even dumber than that. Bryan Betancur, a white supremacist from MD was arrested after he participated in the Capitol seige while wearing a GPS ankle monitor from a previous burglary. I would not doubt it if, upon arrest, he said "Gee, guys, how'd you find me?"