The GREEN NEW DEAL, how can everyone not support it.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I have 8 pots of proper size. I want a chicken in every one.

Oh, and see my sig.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Every worker has a job, with min and maximum wages
Everybody has housing, healthcare, education, food, entertainment...all for FREE!
Profit will be eliminated, outlawed

Who's going to pay for this? The corporations, the bourgeois!

What happens when they run out of money or go somewhere else to make money? UNPOSSIBLE, everything here is free so they don't need to make a profit, profit is evil!

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Every worker has a job, with min and maximum wages
Everybody has housing, healthcare, education, food, entertainment...all for FREE!
Profit will be eliminated, outlawed

Who's going to pay for this? The corporations, the bourgeois!

What happens when they run out of money or go somewhere else to make money? UNPOSSIBLE, everything here is free so they don't need to make a profit, profit is evil!

non-profit housing
non-profit utilities
non-profit banks

Hard to pay taxes when you have no profits :D

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
95% of the suggestions on that list are idiotic. There are a few good ones (bring back Glass-Steagall, more transparency in how companies are taxed) but for every worthwhile idea there's 20 that look like they were dreamed up by a retard.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
You'd have to be Jesus to believe in this shit.

No, you'd have to be Jesus to make this shit work. He could feed 5,000 with 5 loaves of bread and a two fish. Lemme know when the government figures out how to do that too and I'll reconsider the viability of this Green plan.

Fern

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
95% of the suggestions on that list are idiotic. There are a few good ones (bring back Glass-Steagall, more transparency in how companies are taxed) but for every worthwhile idea there's 20 that look like they were dreamed up by a retard.

as i said i hope he saves this and puts it away. when he gets to be an adult and in the real working world i hope he pulls it out and reads it.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
as i said i hope he saves this and puts it away. when he gets to be an adult and in the real working world i hope he pulls it out and reads it.

I wouldn't hold your breath - lots of folks remain naive a dumbass until the day they die, being an enabler of the lazy and manipulative the entire time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
No, you'd have to be Jesus to make this shit work. He could feed 5,000 with 5 loaves of bread and a two fish. Lemme know when the government figures out how to do that too and I'll reconsider the viability of this Green plan.

Fern

No you won't. You just deflected Jesus.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Curious, what happens to people with no job? no money? no food? no shelter?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We have to remember that conservatives are the people of entitlement. They believe in Karma, that they have something and everybody else is worthless because they deserve to be. They built it themselves and are entitled to its rewards. Karma is just rationalized hate built of arrogant egotism. It's the difference between moral depravity and love for your fellow man. It's the code of ethics of pigs, very deserving, very fat pigs and the ethics of self righteous scum in Hog Heaven.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Curious, what happens to people with no job? no money? no food? no shelter?

No happen comrade!

All provided for you, all free! You can no work? No problem, we fix. Please report to camp immediately, there we will kill...err...provide you valuable job education and training.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
No you won't. You just deflected Jesus.

"Deflected"?

Were people playing 'throw and catch' with him?

I've heard of people deflecting a pass in football, not sure what it means here though.

Fern

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Personally I am of the oppinion their should be a job for everyone willing to work, and for those who can work but refuse, their should be centers were they can learn to want to work.

Last edited:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Personally I am of the oppinion their should be a job for everyone willing to work, and for those who can work but refuse, their should be centers were they can learn to want to work.

Communist re-education camps. Don't you worry, it's only a shower.

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

[Chorus:]
California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

[Chorus]

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Letting them go hungry and homeless if they don't work is a lot cheaper and simpler way of teaching them the same lesson, and you don't need a "center" for that.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Yes comrade, send the infidels to the reeducation camps.

And Spidey, there's just something wrong about you quoting a Dead Kennedy's song. Though considering Brown is back that's kind of an ironic song nowadays.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Communist re-education camps. Don't you worry, it's only a shower.

It continues to boggle my mind that people as stupid as you or the OP can exist. Just shows how braindead people become once they go far enough to the right or left.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

And are these jobs just suppose to magically appear?

And it also appears that you believe in the left-wing insanity that people "want" to work. Most people do not want to work, but do want money, and consider working the most practical solution to obtaining it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Yes comrade, send the infidels to the reeducation camps.

And Spidey, there's just something wrong about you quoting a Dead Kennedy's song. Though considering Brown is back that's kind of an ironic song nowadays.

Huge fan back in my punk days in the 80s. Made me think of that classic line...don't you worry, it's only a shower. For your clothes here's a pretty flower!

DIE on organic poison gas!