The greatest challenge in American politics today, IMO, is to find a cure...

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
conservatism is like trying to apply 15th century idealogy, to a 21st century world.. shit just don't line up.

it's like they forgot to factor in the interweb's effects on everything, and that most people are FAR from honest.. this is the world.. it has always been this way, there are people on this planet of EVERY intelligence level, some who feed on poor, some who feed on rich, some who just live aimlessly day to day feeding on drugs and whatever fake fulfillment they can get hands on... and because of this, we HAVE to have welfare state... if not, those people wouldn't just die off.. they'd take what you have!!! the answers not conservatism.. the answer is the opposite.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I was surprised to discover your OP centered around Climate Change, you really do enjoy playing in fantasy.
Why Conservatives Turned Against Science
Remember when environmental protection was a bipartisan effort?
It could be again if the fanaticism was dropped, and reality adopted. How many of your kin believe the arctic melted away? How many economic sanctions must our people suffer on the advice of faux computer models using incomplete data?

How many "snow is a thing of the past" follies must we endure before YOU return to reason?

You'll have my support on environmental issues when you stop attacking CO2. When you want to deal with REAL pollution and REAL harm to our people, give us a call. Until then you can ah heck off.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Right clearly it is conservatives who have a problem with reason...

Is that why liberals say that corporations only care about profits, but then that they will hire men at 30% more than women to do the same work?

Is that why liberals say we should trust women to make choices about their family, but then say if we cut welfare programs babies will starve to death?

Is that why liberals say a fetus is just a ball of cells, but then advocate for welfare programs to support it like it is a child?

Is that why liberals say we cannot trust men with MBAs and PHDs who work in the finance industry, but that we should trust pregnant teenagers?

I am not sure how liberals can say conservatives have fled reason when they do not even know what it is.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I liked this article Moonie, it gives a good refutation of the Oreskes meme of let scientists rule lesser beings.

http://thebreakthrough.org/index.php/voices/roger-pielke-jr/should-scientists-rule/

The Geek Manifesto offers no discussion, much less remedy, for geeks who play politics via science. Even more confounding, what about those geeks who politicize science in pursuit of authority and power via a geek revolution? Once we descend from the idealized version of “science” to the more prosaic realities of science in the real world we see that what we actually need is to practice better politics in all of its messiness. This means holding politicians and scientists accountable to each other, and to the general public. Science is a part of this process, not a separate political axis.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

for trolling pieces of shit who string words together randomly in an attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about.

Feb 6, 2007

Is that why liberals say that corporations only care about profits, but then that they will hire men at 30% more than women to do the same work?

Is that why liberals say we should trust women to make choices about their family, but then say if we cut welfare programs babies will starve to death?

Is that why liberals say a fetus is just a ball of cells, but then advocate for welfare programs to support it like it is a child?

Is that why liberals say we cannot trust men with MBAs and PHDs who work in the finance industry, but that we should trust pregnant teenagers?

I am not sure how liberals can say conservatives have fled reason when they do not even know what it is.

And why is it that we let women vote when the vast majority lack any semblance of a Y chromosome? That's just science.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Lets get to the real issue and a stated fact.....

If the Republicans/Conservatives do not change there will never ever be another Republican President....ever.....did I say -- there will never ever be???

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
And why is it that we let women vote when the vast majority lack any semblance of a Y chromosome? That's just science.

What does having a Y chromosome have to do with voting?

Are you suggesting that a Y chromosome is necessary to believe in fairness, justice, and reason?

If the Republicans/Conservatives do not change there will never ever be another Republican President....ever.....did I say -- there will never ever be???

So if Republicans refuse to suck metaphorical female cock there will never ever be a Republican president.

Actually it sounds to me like what you are saying is there will never ever be a Republican President. Because if they did as you ask they would be a democrat.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Eventually the Dems will get to arrogant for their britches and the pendulum swings back.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Eventually the Dems will get to arrogant for their britches and the pendulum swings back.
That could be true...
yet I honestly believe the republicans could have beat Obama had they not alienated so many different groups.....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I was surprised to discover your OP centered around Climate Change, you really do enjoy playing in fantasy.It could be again if the fanaticism was dropped, and reality adopted. How many of your kin believe the arctic melted away? How many economic sanctions must our people suffer on the advice of faux computer models using incomplete data?

How many "snow is a thing of the past" follies must we endure before YOU return to reason?

You'll have my support on environmental issues when you stop attacking CO2. When you want to deal with REAL pollution and REAL harm to our people, give us a call. Until then you can ah heck off.

Jackalas, you donkey, do you give yourself your own blow jobs too? The only person deep into fantasy between you and me here is you. Of course, I would expect nothing less from somebody who imprisons children and tortures them in the night, eats out of garbage cans, and smokes weed. I hope I was as right about you as you were about me.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

for trolling pieces of shit who string words together randomly in an attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about.

My, such self hate. Don't you remember you occasionally have something intelligent to say. Learn the impotency of rage.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

You are a crack pot mental case that should be hospitalized. Stay the f out of my threads please. I haven't responded to your insane drivel for at least a year. Please don't ever reply to me in any thread I start or any other post I make. Thank you.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Your like a monkey at the zoo that constantly flings his shit at the people walking by. Entertaining the first time, and just another stupid monkey every time after that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Your like a monkey at the zoo that constantly flings his shit at the people walking by. Entertaining the first time, and just another stupid monkey every time after that.

Your shit fertilizes my garden. Thanks for throwing it.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Moonie, your oft-repeated posts about conservatives' defective brains makes me suspect you're building your case for the "final solution".

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This article is a joke. Where do you get this notion that conservatives reject science? I drive an automobile. I have a Heater. I use a computer. I keep my food in a refrigerator. Science is good. In the Bible John says that everything good comes from God. Science comes from God. It is just a tool for man to use.

Most of these people in the USA that compain that the USA used too much energy have a delimna. I suggest you turn off your electricity and walk to work every day if that is what you really feel. Otherwise you are a hypocirte.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You are a crack pot mental case that should be hospitalized. Stay the f out of my threads please. I haven't responded to your insane drivel for at least a year. Please don't ever reply to me in any thread I start or any other post I make. Thank you.

Sorry for interjecting facts into your conservaphobic circle-jerk.