The geese are gone, the geese are gone!!! (They gassed them)

Night201

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
So, if you live in NJ, you know about the Damn Canadian Geese problem here. Thanks Canadians! :)

So anyway, last night at my office complex they gathered up all the geese and gassed them all.

Now there won't be geese crap anyway. I feel bad for them, but it was really out of control.

I'll do a poll on this as well. Are you for or against the killing of geese?

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Gas? What'd they do, fart on them?

Just declare open hunting season on geese!

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
No, I'm not "for or against the killing of geese". But then again, maybe Yes, I am.

Your poll is absolutely retarded.

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
The Kansas City zoo had a really bad problem with them... something like 3000 geese I think. One day there were geese, the next day there were no geese. I hope they at least use them to feed hungry people.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
What company was this? You know this is illegal, right? Without a take permit, your company is in violation of the MBTA. I'm going to report you to the FWS...

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Mr. and Mrs. Tallgeese, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by: emu10k2
Poor geese. I got bet be a geese wunce.

Yeah, I got bet be a geese wunce too.
rolleye.gif

-geoff

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Are you for or against the killing of geese?

No (I am neither for nor against the killing of geese)
Yes (I am either for or against the killing of geese)

:confused:

emu10k2

Banned
May 29, 2003
MERCUTIO
Nay, if thy wits run the wild-goose chase, I have done, for thou hast more of the wild-goose in one of thy wits than, I am sure, I have in my whole five: was I with you there for the goose?

ROMEO
Thou wast never with me for any thing when thou wast not there for the goose.

MERCUTIO
I will bite thee by the ear for that jest.

ROMEO
Nay, good goose, bite not.

MERCUTIO
Thy wit is a very bitter sweeting; it is a most sharp sauce.

ROMEO
And is it not well served in to a sweet goose?

MERCUTIO
O here's a wit of cheverel, that stretches from an inch narrow to an ell broad!

ROMEO
I stretch it out for that word 'broad;' which added to the goose, proves thee far and wide a broad goose.

... and such and such.

emu10k2

Banned
May 29, 2003
MERCUTIO
Nay, if thy wits run the wild-goose chase, I have done, for thou hast more of the wild-goose in one of thy wits than, I am sure, I have in my whole five: was I with you there for the goose?

ROMEO
Thou wast never with me for any thing when thou wast not there for the goose.

MERCUTIO
I will bite thee by the ear for that jest.

ROMEO
Nay, good goose, bite not.

MERCUTIO
Thy wit is a very bitter sweeting; it is a most sharp sauce.

ROMEO
And is it not well served in to a sweet goose?

MERCUTIO
O here's a wit of cheverel, that stretches from an inch narrow to an ell broad!

ROMEO
I stretch it out for that word 'broad;' which added to the goose, proves thee far and wide a broad goose.

... and such and such.

lasergecko

Jul 17, 2001
The Geese are a huge PAIN!!! They walk across the road like they own the place... I have seen so many near accidents because of them walking out in the street.

And doesn't geese crap everywhere present a hazard to young children who might step in it with bare feet or something like that?

Anybody know how to make them go somewhere else or what attracts them?

RayH

Jun 30, 2000
There's a company that comes to where I work to chase the geese away. On the side of their truck they have the motto "Get the Flock Out".

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: lasergecko
The Geese are a huge PAIN!!! They walk across the road like they own the place... I have seen so many near accidents because of them walking out in the street.

And doesn't geese crap everywhere present a hazard to young children who might step in it with bare feet or something like that?

It's still illegal to kill them out of season...

MBTA

Edit: The funny thing is, technically pigeons are migratory birds, so it's illegal to kill them, too, even if you wanted to.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

People could drive slower near geese.

Kids should where shoes near goose crap

Originally posted by: notfred
No, I'm not "for or against the killing of geese". But then again, maybe Yes, I am.

Absolutely.

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001

those are the two worst excuses I have ever heard.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred

WORST. POLL. EVER.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Were these employees of the office complex that did the gassing? With the sketchy details you've provided so far, sounds like they've violated federal law. Oops.

I have zillions of geese around here too. I like them.

And one more thing: WORST. POLL. EVAR.

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Kiyup
Try killing your office instead and leave the geese alone.

The problem with geese is that they over-reproduce, destroying their habitat. Controlled kills and hunting of waterfowl actually save lives.

lasergecko

Jul 17, 2001
Apparently quite a few people here, don't mind having geese crap filled fields around. It is nice to enjoy the out doors without walking in a geese toilet.

Funny, how it is fine that people have don't mind picking up after their dogs but we don't care about geese crap everywhere.

I am not condoning the killing of the geese, but it surely seems that there isn't much of a solution to their over population and lack of natural predators.

Again, does anyone know how to get the geese to go somewhere else? (besides the grave)