The future direction of the new unity Israeli goverenment--we may soon know.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As in a contrast betwen two links, we very soon know which way Israel will go.

First we have the Hillary Clinton Statement. Use the new Israeli unity government to advance mid-east peace.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...ity-cabinet-to-advance-mideast-peace-1.429576

Then there is the longer standing question, as the Netanyuhu government have defied Israeli court rulings to demolish illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank. As one of the first orders of the new Israeli coalition government will be exactly that. As the Israeli cabinet may over rule its courts.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...pproval-of-illegal-west-bank-outpost-1.429525

As, IMHO, if the new Israeli cabinet decides to approve the illegal settlements, the entire world will know Israel is committed to grabbing all disputed territory and Israel will not stop until forced to stop by the international community. If not, then there is, IMHO, some hope for a just peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

We will all likely soon know.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I could sarcastically say, the Israeli people are fine human beings, they are providing safe homes for Jewish people. Don't send them into exile.

Or we could ask the question, how has Israel hurt us? Maybe they caused some issues for people who live in a hostile region, caused a few dimes more at the gas pump, but Israel did not hurt me a bit.

As to Bernie Madoff, and the Enron's Kenny Boy Lay, that did a lot more damage. And it pales in comparison to GWB and his merry band of lying neocons who lied us into a phony war in Iraq that killed 4500 Americans and at least 100,000 Iraqis. And cost our government at least 2 trillion dollars.

Somehow its hard to get all worked up about Israeli settlements.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I could sarcastically say, the Israeli people are fine human beings, they are providing safe homes for Jewish people. Don't send them into exile.

Or we could ask the question, how has Israel hurt us? Maybe they caused some issues for people who live in a hostile region, caused a few dimes more at the gas pump, but Israel did not hurt me a bit.

As to Bernie Madoff, and the Enron's Kenny Boy Lay, that did a lot more damage. And it pales in comparison to GWB and his merry band of lying neocons who lied us into a phony war in Iraq that killed 4500 Americans and at least 100,000 Iraqis. And cost our government at least 2 trillion dollars.

Somehow its hard to get all worked up about Israeli settlements.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your problem cubby1223, is that maybe FDR, Churchill, France, and other nations could have said the same about Adolph Hitler.

But the point you missed cubby, John Edwards murdered no one and Hitler was just getting warmed up in a WW2 that killed over 50 million people. Cubby, you may not give a damn about the human rights of at least 3 million people, but billions of people do care about Israeli denial of human rights and Israeli war crimes.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Waht the leaders of a country state is entirely posturing vs what the people know/feel.

Good luck in finding a 100 million average shmoos let alone know about the Palestinians. Possibly only 10% will give a hoot.

And how come no one considers the Palestinian war crimes.
RPG at a clearly marked school bus. - ring a bell

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
There are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world and with over 50% of UN Countries ready to vote for a Palestinian State, all I can say is don't be ridiculous EK and cybrsage.

But then again, most countries don't put Israelis or Palestinians very high on their priority list, but when an Israeli in la la land threatens to destabilize the mid-east and disrupt the flow of oil, mots countries are ready to muzzle the Israeli pit bull.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
There are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world and with over 50% of UN Countries ready to vote for a Palestinian State, all I can say is don't be ridiculous EK and cybrsage.

But then again, most countries don't put Israelis or Palestinians very high on their priority list, but when an Israeli in la la land threatens to destabilize the mid-east and disrupt the flow of oil, mots countries are ready to muzzle the Israeli pit bull.

Israel isn't going to disrupt the flow of oil and you've been hitting bad dope if you think Israel is gearing up to slaughter the palestinians or anyone else who doesn't attack them. They already have the ability and if the Israeli leadership was as Nazi like and given to the enormity of action Hitler was, then they would already be palestinian skin lampshades for sale.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Presently it is one crazy Muslim that is threatening the oil system; not Israel.
That Muslim does not care about the Palestinians per say; they are just a proxy for venting his frustrations.

Arab and most world Muslims do not care about Palestinians. I would expect that most do not even know who they are.

you have a few radicals and religious fanatics that want to stir up trouble.

Of your 1.5 billion Muslims; you will be hard pressed to find 100 million that actually know about the Palestinians and less than that that give a damm about the Palestinians

It is the egos of the Arab leaders that control the flow of oil; not you or those that you like to blame.
You provide way to much credit to Israel. why not give the oil disruption credit to Abbas who has refused to talk to Israel.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its Israel that threatens to attack Iran, but Iranian nuclear sites are deeply buried and if the flow of mid-east oil is then disrupted by that Israeli attack, the larger world will blame the party that attacked first and that would be Israel.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Its Israel that threatens to attack Iran, but Iranian nuclear sites are deeply buried and if the flow of mid-east oil is then disrupted by that Israeli attack, the larger world will blame the party that attacked first and that would be Israel.

Iran is choosing to interrupt the flow of oil.
Should Israel target the oil pipelines, fields or refineries; that is different.

Just like Iran continues to attack Israel via proxies.

Again you are choosing to try to blame Israel for someone else bad judgement/actions

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Unless the sites are under major pipelines and israel blows them up, cutting off oil would be an option which sits squarely on the shoulders of the Iranian leadership. Since most of their oil goes to asia they wouldn't be happy with Iran (Israel cut off oil remember?) the other nations wouldn't be affected. You can go in front of the UN with signs. You might be on TV.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
We can get into pissing contests about how popular Israel is, but it still derails the larger thread question. And the answer that we may all know soon.

As the thread has a binary answer, either the new Israeli unity government will get real, freeze all illegal Israeli settlements, or they will not.

Since we don't have an answer yet, I will wait until we do.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
We can get into pissing contests about how popular Israel is, but it still derails the larger thread question. And the answer that we may all know soon.

As the thread has a binary answer, either the new Israeli unity government will get real, freeze all illegal Israeli settlements, or they will not.

Regardless of any of that and taking into account my prior points Israel would not be cutting off oil. Popularity is irrelevant to reality. As you say, any changes in Israeli policy remain to be seen, but that is a separate issue.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Regardless of any of that and taking into account my prior points Israel would not be cutting off oil. Popularity is irrelevant to reality. As you say, any changes in Israeli policy remain to be seen, but that is a separate issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Keep telling yourself that, Haybasusa, as you may discover that its the key issue.

As the government of the former South Africa discovered the same thing.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Keep telling yourself that, Haybasusa, as you may discover that its the key issue.

I made a statement of fact. If you can give a logical rebuttal based on evidence then please do. South Africa isn't being accused by anyone as far as stopping the flow of oil. Without mentioning nazis, aparthed and other specious things, explain how Israel going to shut off oil. How will they bring Iran to it's knees and force them to stop exporting oil?

This was your claim and therefore are obligated to explain it or it counts for nothing but rhetoric.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Yeah when South Africa cut off the flow ME oil we showed them.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

You are the one that likes to bring up the deflections on how big a problem Israel is to the world.

You brought in the oil issue , failed on it and now have to run away.

Yet when pointed out the obvious; you again go into retreat mode.

The new government is made up of the old government people; just stronger (not weaker like you predicted). the settlement issue is ot going to be stopped/resolved until the Palestinians show up at the table; not matter how hard you may wish for it or think that the UN will do anythign about it.

Israel is no where near aparthed like S Africa is; no matter what you want to think.
They also are not holding the Paletinians in ghettos; no matter what you state.
They are also not stopping trade with the Palestinians.

The Palestinina in Gaza have free access into Egypt if Egypt allows it; Israel is not stopping them.
The Palestinina in the West Bank have free access into Jordan and/or Syria if those countries allows it; Israel is not stopping them.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
if the Israeli leadership was as Nazi like and given to the enormity of action Hitler was, then they would already be palestinian skin lampshades for sale.

They would kill them all happily but that would set a precedent
in this conflict that would have grave consequences well beyond
the ME area....

Other than that , the zionist entity is slowly
but surely vanishing from the pages of history...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
They would kill them all happily but that would set a precedent
in this conflict that would have grave consequences well beyond
the ME area....
Your opinion is nieve and even more convoluted than Lemon laws. At least lemon law knows better than to claim than Israeli`s would kill all the Palestinians happily.....

You on the other hand have no clue about what the Israeli`s really want....
Which basically is to be left alone......

Sep 12, 2004
Did you run into some questions you wanted to avoid in the other thread, which was essentially no different from this one, so you felt the need to start a new thread on the same subject?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Your opinion is nieve and even more convoluted than Lemon laws. At least lemon law knows better than to claim than Israeli`s would kill all the Palestinians happily.....

You on the other hand have no clue about what the Israeli`s really want....
Which basically is to be left alone......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But still JediY, Israel has the same ambition to be left alone as the former South African apartheid leaders. Or for that matter the former US Slaveholders before the jig was up in 1865.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have high hopes for a change in Israeli government. Their current administration has been exceptionally foolish and destructive to both the palestinians and to Israel's long term interests. I sincerely hope they are learning from their recent mistakes, but I'm not confident that this is the case.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Apartheid AND Adolf Hitler in the same thread! I think LL has to go for a trifecta here. Let's pick another moronic equivalency for him.

I can't decide between Pol Pat and Idi Amin.

Of course, when all else fails, there's always the old standby, Satan.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Apartheid AND Adolf Hitler in the same thread! I think LL has to go for a trifecta here. Let's pick another moronic equivalency for him.

I can't decide between Pol Pat and Idi Amin. Of course, when all else fails, there's always the old standby, Satan.

I'd go for Idi. Not many despots ate their opposition. Now that's style.