the Furminator

Shortcut

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2003
I've read that the Furminator is a really effective tool for combing out loose/dead hair from cats and dogs.

For those who here who have used the Furminator, is it *that* more effective than using a regular comb/brush? Is it worth the money? The contraption costs $20 for the small model...so I kinda want to get some first-hand user experience before plonking down my plastic for it.

The item in question!

KoolDrew

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I have no experience with it, but that does look pretty interesting. I'm interested in hearing opinions on it as well.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
We have one and it is much more effective compared to the other products we've used.

Just do it regularly.

Shortcut

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2003
thanks folks - sounds like its definitely worth trying out the brush. i'll report back with my observations once i receive it!

Shortcut

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2003
Update! We have one for our pug, and it does an excellent job of extracting what appears to be loose strands of fur. Shedding has decreased slightly. And the dog seems to like being furminated!

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
My dogs have goon to the groomer and been furminated a number of times - a DEFINITE reduction shedding resulted...

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yes it works great. We use it on our cat and dog and it's incredible the amount of hair it pulls out. Seriously its like pulling whole animal worth of hair off your pet.