The fundamental difference between a Democrat and a Republican and...

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
tax reform.

High school civics has taught me a Democrat's philosophy is higher taxes and more spending. Where a Republican's philosophy is lower taxes and less spending.

With tax reform you can clearly see this from both sides. Chuck Shithead and Nancy Pathetic both crying foul about tax cuts, while many Republicans want to lower taxes for the American people. It did pass the House for God's sake.

So now the great question: Do you believe in more taxes and higher spending or common sense tax cuts and less government spending?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Chuck Shithead and Nancy Pathetic have to be two of the worst nicknames I have ever heard.

I mean if you’re going to act like an eight year old wouldn’t it at least be something like Nancy B-lows-me or whatever?

Jan 25, 2011
Or you can take the word of actual experts who review tax code for a living and get their opinion.

https://www.jct.gov/publications.html?func=startdown&id=5045

This will add about 400 billion to the economy but cost almost 1.4 Trillion. For a net deficit of 1 trillion over 10 years time.

What's the goal again?
And that's just the straight dollar impact. The overall impact to things like education, health care etc... Is immeasurable.

Nov 29, 2006
You do know taxes and spending are not as simple as you just laid out, right? For example i could believe in more taxes to fund say single payer, but spend less on military, spend more on infrastructure, education. Tax the people who make the most the highest (which we already do, but even more) since its obvious trickle down is a sham as weve been "doing it" since Reagan and well...it's not happening.

Reactions: MajinCry
Jan 25, 2011
Chuck Shithead and Nancy Pathetic have to be two of the worst nicknames I have ever heard.

I mean if you’re going to act like an eight year old wouldn’t it at least be something like Nancy B-lows-me or whatever?

I giggled. Then threw up in my mouth a little... dick.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
tax reform.

High school civics has taught me a Democrat's philosophy is higher taxes and more spending. Where a Republican's philosophy is lower taxes and less spending.

With tax reform you can clearly see this from both sides. Chuck Shithead and Nancy Pathetic both crying foul about tax cuts, while many Republicans want to lower taxes for the American people. It did pass the House for God's sake.

So now the great question: Do you believe in more taxes and higher spending or common sense tax cuts and less government spending?

Did you shed tears when Bill O'Rielly was fired?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
And that's just the straight dollar impact. The overall impact to things like education, health care etc... Is immeasurable.

Correct. There are a slew of terrible policies buried in this bill that will take a direct hit at lower income and younger generations that will cripple future growth. This is nothing more than a rich old fucks writing in a retirement plan for themselves and passing the bill on the next three generations.

Jan 25, 2011
TIL that they added a rider to remove restrictions from churches and political activities. So that's fun.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Republican: Putin is a great man, I can see his heart. Russia is our friend.

Democrat: Putin is a murderous dictator. Russia is our adversary.

That is the substantive difference between members of the two parties today.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Or you can take the word of actual experts who review tax code for a living and get their opinion.

https://www.jct.gov/publications.html?func=startdown&id=5045

This will add about 400 billion to the economy but cost almost 1.4 Trillion. For a net deficit of 1 trillion over 10 years time.

What's the goal again?

I still can't get over how Republicans demanded dynamic scoring for years and after finally implementing it now call the results bullshit.

Lets see that Treasury Dept analysis, if it actually exists.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I want less spending and lower taxes too. The Republicans today don't seem to be doing anything of the former. As for the latter, does it seem that the proposed tax cuts are equitable to you?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
tax reform.

Explain this please. For Eight years you and your ilk railed against the democrats about the deficit and now lol omg its like fuck the deficit.

BTW High school civics has taught me that you're full of cattle dung.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009

Given Nancys age she looks pretty good

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I want less spending and lower taxes too. The Republicans today don't seem to be doing anything of the former. As for the latter, does it seem that the proposed tax cuts are equitable to you?
Like Conner knows what equitable means.

Connor is on a bender
There is no Connor, only Conner.

You do know taxes and spending are not as simple as you just laid out, right? For example i could believe in more taxes to fund say single payer, but spend less on military, spend more on infrastructure, education. Tax the people who make the most the highest (which we already do, but even more) since its obvious trickle down is a sham as weve been "doing it" since Reagan and well...it's not happening.
Conner's eyes glazed over the second you said things "are not as simple."

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Just because you call it with a perjorative "trickle down economics" doesn't change that essentially you just want to screw the rich because they're rich. It's not about funding needs, or equitable taxation, or anything else. Income tax burden of the bottom 90% has gone down steadily over the past few decades but that's not enough since your entire worldview is based upon knocking down the rich a few pegs. Which is why this is sad, progressives have an argument that's basically correct (we're at the point of diminishing returns for cuts to top rates, we're not starting from a 70% top bracket anymore) but ruin it with class warfare tactics. Yeah rich people might get some tax relief but guess what, that's OK because they're citizens too; hoarding every bit of tax relief for just the poor or middle classes and withholding it from the rich is both bad policy and mere spiteful behavior.

Republican: Putin is a great man, I can see his heart. Russia is our friend.

Democrat: Putin is a murderous dictator. Russia is our adversary.

That is the substantive difference between members of the two parties today.

Mitt Romney said that Russia was our #1 adversary in 2012 and Obama mocked him about having a foreign policy from the 1980s so you're a bit off on your assessment.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
if something you learned in high school is the only thing you think separates democrats and republicans, you clearly haven't been paying attention to anything that's actually been happening in the past decade plus.

edit: ninja'd by nakedfrog (and in fewer words to boot)

Reactions: Flapdrol1337

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Just because you call it with a perjorative "trickle down economics" doesn't change that essentially you just want to screw the rich because they're rich. It's not about funding needs, or equitable taxation, or anything else. Income tax burden of the bottom 90% has gone down steadily over the past few decades but that's not enough since your entire worldview is based upon knocking down the rich a few pegs. Which is why this is sad, progressives have an argument that's basically correct (we're at the point of diminishing returns for cuts to top rates, we're not starting from a 70% top bracket anymore) but ruin it with class warfare tactics. Yeah rich people might get some tax relief but guess what, that's OK because they're citizens too; hoarding every bit of tax relief for just the poor or middle classes and withholding it from the rich is both bad policy and mere spiteful behavior.
Class warfare is being waged against us and the rich are winning. F'em, it's long past time to start fighting back.

Reactions: Thebobo