The Forthcoming War with Iran: A Plausible Theory

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
There may not be a certainty of war with Iran, but the level of contention is high enough to make it more than a minor possibility -- a possibility with more than just a tincture of probability.

My current understanding of the Trump regime leaves me with no recourse other than to reject most of what Trump pronounces as True, and to accept the likelihood that what he denounces as False is also True.

These people are rank amateurs. Pompeo is way out of his depth. I can't be sure what sort of leadership is being installed at DOD, but I don't trust it. The current administration of CIA may be the least suspicious, except for Wray at FBI: he's demonstrated that he is not just a Trump lackey, and he knows the law.

So here is my theory about the "Iranian" PT boat attacks on the oil tankers. None of the stories add up. The Japanese say their tanker was attacked by some sort of projectile or missile. The Trump Regime is too quick to announce that the culprit is Iran's Revolutionary Guard. Supposedly, the Iranians attempted to shoot down a drone, but the drone also carries "projectiles or missiles". The Iranians deny they've had anything to do with the attack.

It took us about 35 years to discover the plan by Maj. Gen. Ed Lansdale written for the JCS, which suggested blowing up an American ship in Guantanamo Bay and blaming it on Castro. Lansdale appeared in Vietnam to join his friend Lucien Conein just eight weeks before the Gulf of Tonkin incident -- used as justification for expanding the Vietnam War. The detailed events of Gulf of Tonkin seem a perfect match for the Guantanamo plan, which was code-named "Operation Northwoods".

Jared Kushner has a track record of hobnobbing with Saudi royalty. The President needs some distraction or crisis which will throw the congressional hearings off track. He needs to wag the dog. Ordinarily, we would look at a scenario of elements within CIA and Defense, but those sorts of covert operations aren't run independently by those agencies, and the Age of Plausible Deniability ended with the Bay of Pigs Invasion.

So I offer this scenario. The Saudi intelligence services or military has created a team that parallels the Boston Tea Party, dressing up as Iranians and playing around with the Limpet mines.

A footnote on Lansdale: Around 1954, he transported a group of Philippine army troops to Fort Huachuca in Arizona. CIA had their favorite candidate for the Philippine presidency -- an army officer named Magsaysay -- and they didn't like the incumbent. Lansdale trained them in two groups: the first group were to wear their regular army uniforms; the second group disguised themselves as Hukbalahap communist insurgents. Returning to Philippines, Lansdale made the rounds of outlying country villages whose people had never seen a movie or a television screen. They set up projectors with movie reels for lectures about an imminent communist attack. A week later, the "Hukbalahap" would enter these villages and begin to burn the huts, when lo and behold, the regular army would arrive, engage the insurgents in "battle", put out the fires, and gather up the "dead bodies". Magsaysay, extolled as the hero, won the election easily. And later, Lansdale designed the ballots for the election of Ngo Dinh Diem in Vietnam using colors relevant to Vietnamese superstition and associating the colors with the candidates. Diem's votes were something over 90% of the electorate -- a result that actually seemed embarrassing in context of the manipulated ballots.

These are things I know about our own history of 50 years ago. We may not know the exact objectives of the Trump Regime in regard to Iran, but a Saudi-executed attack on shipping to create a provocation may serve at least a few of these possible objectives.

Somehow, this news release about the Saudi view of the attacks looks very Trumpian. Always accuse the adversary first of the very thing you did yourself:

The Saudis Weigh In on the Tanker Attacks