The Forest. Recent opinions?

Achilles97

May 10, 2000
I'm considering trying The Forest. It's been in Early Access for a while and the reviews look pretty good. Anyone have any recent experience with it? I'm probably going to try it out soon or perhaps Subnautica.

Thanks!

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Did you ever try out The Forest? I read that the AI is supposed to be pretty good (I read that in the Steam reviews, for what that's worth).

I thought Subnautica was amazing. Did you ever try it out?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The Forest has changed very little since it was made available on Early Access. And overall its not so great. Especially compared to other survival games.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
I played it for a few hours, but it didn't keep my interest. If you're looking for a PVE survival experience over PVP like most of the genre, I highly recommend The Long dark.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I recently tried the forest again (I had tried it at it's early access release and wasn't sold on it then.) Well I will admit that it is much much better than it was originally but I found this time that it was a bit boring after while. Once I crafted everything worth crafting it was too easy. The A.I. is pretty amazing though and a bit unsettling too. What I mean is they can be nerve racking to fight. Sitting in the dark inside my hut with door, when I start hearing feet slapping on the ground as they run closer to my hut. Hearing that crazy laugh as they run by...then eventually they start banging on my door...can't see anything outside it is so dark...just hearing their manic voices and stuff...it is a pretty cool experience. Those enemy A.I. move quick, run on all fours, jump into trees and stuff. pretty fun to fight against. They act pretty crazy and will without a doubt scare you a time or two.