The first Obama/Wright attack ad shows up

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
link

McCain and the national Republican Party has denounced this ad being run by the North Carolina Party, but I think it is a hint of things to come.

It will most likely not be the RNC running ads like this in the fall, but outside groups like the Swiftboat Vets.

I'm not a big fan of the ad myself. It is one thing to tie Obama and Wright, but another to take that tie and try to throw it around other candidates. But I am sure the Democrats will be doing everything they can to tie Bush to every Republican in the country so...

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Here is another link to things that could be used against Obama in the fall.

It a bunch of recordings by Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. Obama is going to really have a hard time defending his relationship with these people when this stuff hits the mainstream.

Try numbers 4 and 5 where Dohrn calls America 'the belly of the beast' and 'the heart of the monster' or the last one where Dohrn declares "war" on America.

Some of your blame America first types might agree with what she says, but the rest of the country is not going to want to have anything to do with this.

BTW how do unrepentant terrorists become professors at public colleges?
link... oops :)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
why do you insist on talking about distractions like Obama's judgment or who would have his ear when he's behind the desk in the oval office? :roll:

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Hm...given that it won't be until November that people will have to decide between a Republican and Democratic candidate for governor, I wonder what the NC GOP is hoping to accomplish

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
why do you insist on talking about distractions like Obama's judgment or who would have his ear when he's behind the desk in the oval office? :roll:

God Damn the America that produces idiots like you.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Hm...given that it won't be until November that people will have to decide between a Republican and Democratic candidate for governor, I wonder what the NC GOP is hoping to accomplish

Well...we've only had two republican governors in the last 100 years, so I guess they figure they don't have much to lose.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

:heart:

it's weird... I started out more or less on the fence between Hillary, Barack, and McCain, leaning slightly towards the democrats because of gay issues, despite my general disagreement with their positions on the war.

and the more shit I read on these forums from Obama supporters, the harder it is for me to picture myself voting for him.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug
I'm not gonna lie, that Wright character makes me a little uneasy.

I know how you feel. Barrack's 20-year relationship with Wright certainly led me to question Barrack's judgment. I still support Obama for President, but my support has wained a bit since the beginning... I'm sincerely looking forward to his debates against McCain in the Fall. Those will be key!

Ultimately, I don't think the country will be bad off with either of them at the helm, so each of their answers to the tough questions in the Fall will be the deciding factor for me.

crisscross

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2001
I am quite happy with McCain it's the rest of his team that I am worried about.. and if they will actually let him do things.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hagee?

We might as well count the entire Catholic vote in the Democrat column.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

it's weird... I started out more or less on the fence between Hillary, Barack, and McCain, leaning slightly towards the democrats because of gay issues, despite my general disagreement with their positions on the war.

and the more shit I read on these forums from Obama supporters, the harder it is for me to picture myself voting for him.

Not me. I started out before the race even began writing Obama asking him to please fucking run. I find that people who can't see how they feel, that they hate themselves, can't see much of anything else, because their blinders are really quite complete. So it doesn't surprise me that people see the three as pretty much or more or less equal. You probably don't see the US is on a slippery slope headed down hill, either. The problem with the mentally ill is that they want relief but they hate hope or change. Fear clings to the past, the same old same old that's killing us. But you go ahead and see a big issue in Obama's preacher.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

Not me. I started out before the race even began writing Obama asking him to please fucking run. I find that people who can't see how they feel, that they hate themselves, can't see much of anything else, because their blinders are really quite complete. So it doesn't surprise me that people see the three as pretty much or more or less equal. You probably don't see the US is on a slippery slope headed down hill, either. The problem with the mentally ill is that they want relief but they hate hope or change. Fear clings to the past, the same old same old that's killing us. But you go ahead and see a big issue in Obama's preacher.

You really have found Jesus havn't you?

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
"it's weird... I started out more or less on the fence between Hillary, Barack, and McCain, leaning slightly towards the democrats because of gay issues, despite my general disagreement with their positions on the war.

and the more shit I read on these forums from Obama supporters, the harder it is for me to picture myself voting for him. "

The libs who defend guys like Bernie Ward (had sex with his own kids) are the nastiest of all - especially if their prescription is running low. I can see why mods keep posting about foul stuff in here.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I don't know that I see them as equal so much that I like them for different reasons.

I empathize with Hillary, and I thought the 90's were a pretty good time... I agree with most of Obama's positions on the issues, but I just can't pass that final hurdle to trust him to manage the war in a responsible manner and I've got a pretty big beef with the positions that the congressional black caucus has taken on gay issues.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002

Agreed 1000%

Edit: Sorry didn't pay attention. My version would be between Hillary and Barack, not including McCain. ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Sinsear

You really have found Jesus havn't you?

How so? I found somebody who thinks a bit like me. I would hardly call that finding Jesus, but, as a true believer, and an irrational one at that, I can easily see how you would see what is really yourself as if it were me.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Butterbean
"it's weird... I started out more or less on the fence between Hillary, Barack, and McCain, leaning slightly towards the democrats because of gay issues, despite my general disagreement with their positions on the war.

and the more shit I read on these forums from Obama supporters, the harder it is for me to picture myself voting for him. "

The libs who defend guys like Bernie Ward (had sex with his own kids) are the nastiest of all - especially if their prescription is running low. I can see why mods keep posting about foul stuff in here.

What kind of anti American garbage condemns somebody before they have gone to trial, as if you had any real idea. You're just another brain dead bot spouting off.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't know that I see them as equal so much that I like them for different reasons.

I empathize with Hillary, and I thought the 90's were a pretty good time... I agree with most of Obama's positions on the issues, but I just can't pass that final hurdle to trust him to manage the war in a responsible manner and I've got a pretty big beef with the positions that the congressional black caucus has taken on gay issues.

I empathize with Hillary too. She was supposed to be the next President in a lot of people's minds, but a lot of people like me didn't want her to. We have had all we ever want of Clinton Clinton Clinton. Clinton and McCain are old worm. We need a revolution.

Obama is a younger vision of the future, a more highly evolved human being. You saw Clinton and gay rights when they folded on don't ask don't tell. It made me sick as Clintons always do. All they are are finger in the air cowards, in my opinion, just like her vote on the war and being for before being against NAFTA.

It's hope and fear. Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once, remember. Wake up and smell the roses. The world is dying and a vote for the same old same old is a vote for death.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I just hope we have a democrat in White House next January. I really don't care whether it's a woman or a black. But this type of attack from GOP was the exactly what I worried about in general election and I have personally been a bit put off by Obama supporters here and elsewhere. Doesn't mean that I'd resort to GOP under any circumstances. If Barack wins the nomination, all Hillary supporters should support him just like she says.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Hagee?

How is it that the candidate who has NOT renounced the MORE RADICAL AND OFFENSIVE views of the pastor whose endorsement he sought is not the issue?

Obama and Wright pale as an issue to McCain and Hagee..

If you want an example of incredibly distorted, biased, idiotic prioritization of the issues based on partisanship, look no further than the wrong weighing between those two issues here.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Hagee?

How is it that the candidate who has NOT renounced the MORE RADICAL AND OFFENSIVE views of the pastor whose endorsement he sought is not the issue?

If you want an example of incredibly distorted, biased, idiotic prioritization of the issues based on partisanship, look no further than the wrong weighing between those two issues here.

There is a difference between "not renouncing" some cook supporters views, and saying that some racist wacko is your "moral compass" and your "source of guidance". The first is simply the usual case of a politician conveniently ignoring the nutty things someone has said when it comes time to take their money and votes. The second demonstrates a scary lack of judgment....

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Craig234

Once again, Craig shows his support for some of the most foul human beings on the planet.

McCain has not sat in Hagee's church for 20 years.
McCain has not considered Hagee a close spiritual advisor.
Hagee has not called the United State the "United States of KKK A"
Hagee never claimed 9/11 was an inside job
Hagee is not a racist bigot

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I'm sincerely looking forward to his debates against McCain in the Fall. Those will be key!
Maybe for you. Some die hard repubs made up their minds years ago who they'd vote for. They're simply too stupid to ever vote differently than their party and the same goes for many dems.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Remarkable twist of fate in White America denouncing any black man as racist, and an absolutely unremarkable acceptance of it from the usual rightwing dupes, whose real interests are more aligned with blacks than with their white economic overlords. It's the same divide and conquer method used by the southern financial elite since the civil war- playing working class whites off against blacks. It's always worked, of course, even though those at the top just see us all as slightly different shades of n!@@er... and treat us accordingly.

That's really the basis for the Rev Wright's remarks- that we're doomed to God's damnation for our acceptance of it, even moreso for disseminating it, even in a backhanded sort of way...

Repubs apparently want Dems to run Hillary in the worst way, this smug attack being just one more example...