The first Obama/Wright attack ad shows up

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
:laugh:

You forgot the haphazard bolds and italics, and excess overkill of punctuation. :p

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Agreed.

The single sentence.

rose.gif

Seperated by an emoticon. ;)

Followed by more sentence fragments.

:roll:

And the Hillary cheerleading.
rose.gif
:heart:

Is getting annoying. :laugh:

I wish this forum's ignore list would work on individual posts.
me too . . . for many years, but i guess we are guinea pigs for a free test version of the 'Fusetalk from Hades' - by some demon agreement that we are stuck with for Eternity ..
- oh, did i say too much?

Now i know what forums NEVER to post in
SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Moderator

Boring .. boring .. boring ..

:Q

just kidding .. but you must be asleep there

me .. only here .. and in video
rose.gif

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: apoppin
Agreed.

The single sentence.

rose.gif

rose.gif

mee too . . . for many years but i guess we are guinea pigs for a free test version of the Fusetalk from Hades - by some demon agreement that we are stuck with for eternity ..

Now i now what forums NEVER to post in

only here .. and in video
rose.gif

You're a poor man's Moonbeam.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Dari
Agreed.

The single sentence.

rose.gif

rose.gif

mee too . . . for many years but i guess we are guinea pigs for a free test version of the Fusetalk from Hades - by some demon agreement that we are stuck with for eternity ..

Now i now what forums NEVER to post in

only here .. and in video
rose.gif

You're a poor man's Moonbeam.

Now i know what forums NEVER to post in
SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs

Boring .. boring .. boring ..

:Q

[just kidding]

well .. i see you are here .. kinda slow huh?

rose.gif

i am a WISE moonie

wise ass

Originally posted by: Vic
Ahhh...

/yanks eyes from sockets
don't *yank* .. use Vic's VaporRub!

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
This is all quite entertaining - much more so than the op title. I say encouragement is in order to see whose head emits burnt neurons and explodes first. Insinuated innuendo.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: seemingly random
This is all quite entertaining - much more so than the op title. I say encouragement is in order to see whose head emits burnt neurons and explodes first. Insinuated innuendo.

mine would be insulated insuinated innuendo
rose.gif

but thank-you for acknowledging that Obama is now dead do to the Wright Rev; he is killing Obama. He Said Obama "prayed with the Rev" just before announcing his bid for the nomination!
the Stupor delegates will choose hitlery; Obama is disingenuous and Wright is pointing it out - his own best Friend is Killing Obama on purpose!!

The Rev is Inspired! .. like i am!
- i might go to his church now; he is breaking a "king" for his own good!

Thank 'heavens' my analysis went out of here and spread the gospel ..
... Obama for 2020!

moonie, your vision is so fake; at least for '08
rose.gif

i am still hoping for Clinton/Obama .. with clinton adopting obama's vision
- but i am just hoping Obama goes to her today before he get slaughtered in the next primary.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
I made myself watch Rev. Hagee last night give a stirring sermon in which he argued that the Palestinians must be evicted from Jerusalem and all the lands of Israel. It was scary to see HIS congregation get all excited about THAT form of hysteria and war-mongering. He has the benefit of being part of a more mainstream view (heaven help us), which is one reason he does not get attacked as much as Wright. It is true that Wright gets more attention because, despite political correctness, it's easier to get away with condemning a black preacher of race bigotry than a white one...

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Vic
OMG! an attack ad. Quick, call off the campaign...

Barack is an appealing candidate who threatens to win by convincing moderate Republicans and independents to vote for him. Barack is a thoughtful, mild-mannered person who does not use or inspire fear.

So the right wing, unable to smear him directly, is smearing him by association. The other smear, the 60's radical Obama knows, seems not to have the legs of the Wright smear.

It is nothing but old-fashioned red-baiting guilt by association. It is an old trick and Obama should bluntly call it out, identify clearly what is going on, and warn us that if we fall for this move from an old playbook we are going to wind up stuck with yet another idiot far right leaning sympithizer in the White House.

That being said...

This is essentially the first crisis of an Obama Presidency. How he handles it may well determine if there is an actual Presidency. I agree that the Reverand has to go. Without alienating older black voters who may have shared the same experiences as Wright, Obama must re-state the original rationale for his candidacy, i.e., to move beyond the quarrels of the sixties."I don't believe in a blue America, or a Red America, but the United States of America."

I believe he should then talk about a United States in which wages are stagnant, the price of oil is $119/barrel, we are mired in Iraq, and any specific issues which will gain resonance in North Carolina and Indiana. He should begin talking about an Obama Presidency which will move all Americans forward. I think this speech should be delivered nationally as soon as possible. As long as the media is driving the "smear" message, there will be no respite until Obama ends it. Precious days are being lost.

Indiana offers a possibility of ending this protracted contest which I believe is damaging the Democratic Party. If Obama handles his pastor problem quickly and forcefully and demonstrates real leadership of the kind he promised when he first announced his candidacy, I think he can make himself the story and reduce Wright to YouTube snippets.

It is regrettable that Jeremiah Wright who devoted so many years to ministering in Chicago has created a situation in which the kindness of his most famous parishioner will have be replaced with firm and flat renounciation, Wright's narcism has made this inevitable.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
I made myself watch Rev. Hagee last night give a stirring sermon in which he argued that the Palestinians must be evicted from Jerusalem and all the lands of Israel. It was scary to see HIS congregation get all excited about THAT form of hysteria and war-mongering. He has the benefit of being part of a more mainstream view (heaven help us), which is one reason he does not get attacked as much as Wright. It is true that Wright gets more attention because he is the 20 year pastor, spiritual advisor, and close personal friend of the leading candidate for president and not one of dozens of random fringe preachers who have merely endorsed a candidate.

fixed.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
a: moonie, your vision is so fake; at least for '08

M: We shall see. I see a might wave coming, might not be in 08.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
That wave is impeachment of Bush

Clinton wins '08

Obama gets it from her in 2012 or 2016
-then your vision is applicable

. . . and it is still all hanging by a single thread .. but there is now hope

Wait and see .. mine is a self-adaptive vision; yours is rigid and older.
rose.gif

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: daveymark
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Well at least Wright has guaranteed this won't be the last Obama/Wright attack ad. And now we know where that $5M Clinton "lent" her campaign went. http://www.suntimes.com/busine...T-NWS-wright29.article

This must be what the reverend means when he talks about how he's been "enslaved and in chains."

if that's slavery, then pass the chains, reverend.

Reminds me of Daddy Rich, Richard Pryor's character from Carwash.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Clinton wins '08

rose.gif

I pay little attention to self announced truths. What facts do you support your position with?

So far my vision is playing out right before my eyes while yours is called a joke. There, now I self declare I win.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Clinton wins '08

rose.gif

I pay little attention to self announced truths. What facts do you support your position with?

So far my vision is playing out right before my eyes while yours is called a joke. There, now I self declare I win.
facts? you pay no attention to what i post instead preferring to listen to the insane babble of voices you experience within your self-admitted hateful self

are you completely insane ?
--you even admit it

And when Rev Wright *executes* his own boy before your own eyes you still deny it - Wright says he prayed with Obama's family in the basement before Obama announced his candidacy and he basically said:
Obama is a stinkin' POLITICIAN who "Listens when Farrakhan Speaks, like any other black person" ..

the whites are terrified of your insane vision
-maybe in 8 years

go win yourself
rose.gif

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I made myself watch Rev. Hagee last night give a stirring sermon in which he argued that the Palestinians must be evicted from Jerusalem and all the lands of Israel. It was scary to see HIS congregation get all excited about THAT form of hysteria and war-mongering. He has the benefit of being part of a more mainstream view (heaven help us), which is one reason he does not get attacked as much as Wright. It is true that Wright gets more attention because he is the 20 year pastor, spiritual advisor, and close personal friend of the leading candidate for president and not one of dozens of random fringe preachers who have merely endorsed a candidate.

fixed.

I think you broke it.

*McCain asked for Hagee's endorsement*. That's not "merely have endorsed".

Obama's primary relationship was not political with Wright; from the first response, he distanced himself from the controversial views of Wright, and has a relationship in other areas.

McCain's relationship with Hagee *is* political, and Hagee's radical, hateful, bigoted political views are front and center as the issue with him.

It's a step away from asking the endorsement of the Grand Wizard of the KKK (and then pretending that the racial beliefs aren't the issue).

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Obama's primary relationship was not political with Wright; from the first response, he distanced himself from the controversial views of Wright, and has a relationship in other areas.

it had to be. clearly wright has no problem mixing religion with politics. obama knew exactly what he was getting himself into.

and asking for a political endorsement as a slick politician is not quite as bad as getting close to bigots on your free time when you had nothing to lose from it.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Craig234

fixed.

I think you broke it.

*McCain asked for Hagee's endorsement*. That's not "merely have endorsed".

McCain's relationship with Hagee *is* political, and Hagee's radical, hateful, bigoted political views are front and center as the issue with him.

It's a step away from asking the endorsement of the Grand Wizard of the KKK (and then pretending that the racial beliefs aren't the issue).

We keep repeating the same thing. We're going in circles and I don't see how to break it.

No one believes McCain agrees with Hagee, while Obama is forced to disown Wright because some people are unsure if he agrees with Wright. Political pandering = no one gives a crap, which is why it's not big media news, not because the media is racist. If McCain attended Hagee's church for 10 years he would have to deal with the situation just like Obama is dealing with Wright. McCain would have to defend his decision to attend such a church and embrace such a pastor and explain whether he actually believed the same things. Because McCain did not belong to such a church, did not have such a close relationship with a bigoted pastor, he doesn't have to explain the obvious pandering which everyone else sees and disregards as election year politics.

You see McCain's political wooing of Hagee as worse than Obama's non-policital affiliation with Wright, and I think this is the difference between our opinions. And recognize I don't think Obama shares any of Wright's whackjob sentiments, I merely think it's worse for Obama wrt the voting public.

Last night's TDS had this conversation with Stewart taking your position and *gulp* Newt Gingrich in my position. Hm. Maybe I do have to rethink this.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'd have so much less of a beef with it if Obama would just admit it for what it was (or even lie to me and frame it in such a way that I could ignore it more easily)... he was an outsider in Chicago and he needed a foothold in the black political community, so he pandered and joined the most prominent black church in the city and stayed there because he needed the contacts/street cred/whatever it provided.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
I'd have so much less of a beef with it if Obama would just admit it for what it was (or even lie to me and frame it in such a way that I could ignore it more easily)... he was an outsider in Chicago and he needed a foothold in the black political community, so he pandered and joined the most prominent black church in the city and stayed there because he needed the contacts/street cred/whatever it provided.

Most politicians are carpetbaggers. Bush from NE to Texas. Hillary from Chicago to Arkansas. Even McCain from Virginia to Arizona. And almost all of them belong to prominent churches and use that membership as a key political base.
It's not "pandering." It's called networking. Without it, you can't be successful in business or politics in this country.
The biggest difference between highly successful people and most everyone else is that they're most social than us. Even "nerd" Bill Gates has phenomenal social skills compared to most people.

So you're right and you're wrong. He can do what you want without throwing every other politician under the bus too. You're asking him to spill the beans that success is all about getting admittance to the right clubs.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the problem that I have is that Obama holds himself up as some kind of messianic figure who's above these political games.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
the problem that I have is that Obama holds himself up as some kind of messianic figure who's above these political games.

No, he doesn't. The only people saying that are his detractors. Have you even seen any of his speeches? In one of the oldest traditions in American politics, he just says that he's a "reform" candidate who is not part of the Washington political "machine." And that's true, particularly when compared to his opponents, who are both as "machine" as it gets.