The first 2012 Presidential Debate - 10\03\12 - 6 p.m. PT (9p.m. ET)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
lol go Mitt. Break Obama on his green energy policies.

Solyndra = big ouch for BO. Love it when MR said BO picked only losers :D

The fact that Obama's not addressing flaws in our Social Security program is pretty bad. WTF. This whole system is BROKEN.

Both sides are afraid of the AARP/their voters to death. Both BO and MR (or any politicians) would not dare to tell the truth to upset older voters.

Last edited:

theevilsharpie

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2009
Romney looks flustered.

I am trying to listen to what he says, but no simple bullet points are coming across.

It just sounds like verbal diarrhea.

Romney's doing better than I expected, but I agree, his points are coming so fast they're a bit hard to follow.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
A choice with no cost difference? How is that even financially possible?

Bullshit.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
The wife is making me watch this; it is excruciating. Both of these guys are complete asshats.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Its called investing in the future. Oil is not our long term future.

BTW - I'm sure it took many years to realize that 50M investment.

We all know we need to be off oil as soon as possible but in the mean time we need more oil.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Right and Green Energy doesn't...

Oh wait, the Hoover Damn is a source of Green Energy!

Yeah awful clever of those folks back then. Imagine the outrage because it took 20-25 years for that investment to pay off.

Feb 19, 2001
Its called investing in the future. Oil is not our long term future.

BTW - I'm sure it took many years to realize that 50M investment.

I worked in solar. Thin film solar for that matter. We competed directly against Solyndra. I'm not there anymore, but I am in an office that looks at that empty Solyndra building. I can see that "http://www.solyndrabuilding.com/" banner on it.

Honestly there's not much faith in that technology. I don't mind investing in our future, but I think what the government has done was irresponsibly dump money into solar. You honestly just need to dump $$$$$ into solar in order to make it worthwhile for people to choose.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Mr. Romney knows that the path to economic prosperity is by cutting all the billions of dollars that we spend on PBS.

LOL! No kidding. He's going to save the country by cutting $450 million (this is about what the federal government spends on PBS) out of a $3.5 trillion dollar budget? That's like taking an eye dropped full of water out of a swimming pool.

That's a tenth of 1% of the federal budget. Why if he cuts that, planned parenthood, funding for the arts and all the other projects the conservatards hate he might get 1%! WOOT! I'm voting for Romney.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Romney not showing much respect for the moderator... I imagine his supporters enjoy that.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
don't see it as a Romney supporter. I feel like there's too much BS flying around. I do see Romney as a better speaker as Obama is fumbling around.

Romney is doing better, but not much, and certainly not enough to turn things around.

theevilsharpie

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2009
Every time Romney argues with the moderator, I want to kick puppies. I know he wants to get his message out, but his behavior isn't helping.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Obama is letting Mitt run over him.

Frankly being a doormat has been a big part of his problem.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BTW - In the new...new Romney medicare plan since people have an option to stay on the current system, what if almost all people choose to stay?