The first 2012 Presidential Debate - 10\03\12 - 6 p.m. PT (9p.m. ET)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheDev

Jun 1, 2012
Mr. Romney knows that the path to economic prosperity is by cutting all the billions of dollars that we spend on PBS.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Is Obama even listening to Romney?

Mitt is so anxious to get rid of PBS subsidy which is around 200m/yr but didn't mention oil company subsidies at 5B/yr

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
This 2 minute stuff is not working. Give them 3 minutes to speak, who the hell cares if the debate runs until a little after 12?

Also, of fuckin course we are going to have trillion dollar debts for the first 4 years, do you magically expect trillions to become thousands that quickly?

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Do you support Simpson Bowles?

I have my own plan.

Way to answer the question.

TheDev

Jun 1, 2012
This 2 minute stuff is not working. Give them 3 minutes to speak, who the hell cares if the debate runs until a little after 12?

Jim Lehrer is just part of the liberal media trying to silence Romney with inane 2-minute rules.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What is Lehrer doing? It was Obama's turn! He asked Romney to fact check a small comment and suddenly its his turn again?

Feb 19, 2001
Do you support Simpson Bowles?

I have my own plan.

Way to answer the question.

Well I think he should've attacked Simpson Bowles (in the sense that the President adopted practically nothing from it) and said that his plan shares some commonality. This bipartisan committee appointed by Obama recommended DECREASING the tax rate and BROADENING the tax base. It's exactly what Romney is championing.

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
I actually think Romney is doing pretty well here. Having said that, I'm getting ready to switch the channel, as both of these guys are full of crap and lie out their ass.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
"I've been in Business over 25 years, I don't know what you're talking about. I might need to get a new accountant, I don't understand the numbers. "

Then he says something along the lines of "I've never heard of tax benefits for going overseas".

Didn't he go over to China to scope out a factory for one of his Bain companies?

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Romney looks flustered.

I am trying to listen to what he says, but no simple bullet points are coming across.

It just sounds like verbal diarrhea.

He's totally blowing it if he is trying to reset his campaign and speak to main stream America.

Obama was supposed the one that had to condense his arguments to simple bullet points, and impression is that he actually pauses to think about what he is going to say before he opens his mouth.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
lol go Mitt. Break Obama on his green energy policies.

There's an answer to that. Big difference in an investment and subsidizing an industry that has made the most money in history.

Imagine Mitt making that argument in 1931 when the Hoover Dam cost 50 million dollars. That investment paid off pretty well.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
There's an answer to that. Big difference in an investment and subsidizing an industry that has made the most money in history.

Imagine Mitt making that argument in 1931 when the Hoover Dam cost 50 million dollars. That investment paid off pretty well.

Huge difference is Hoover Dam paid off.