The fast and the blantantly fake.. :|

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
wow, I leave the thread for one day - and kami explodes into a frenzy of flaming retardation...I think I'm done with this thread, especially since he thinks the GLHS in that article wasn't stock...

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
If a supercharger is a mod, what is a turbo? If a turbo is a mod, what is EFI? If EFI is a mod, what is a Carb?

If you can walk into a dealer and order it from the factory, it is stock. Simple.

Otherwise some rice-boy is going to start comparing Fox-body four-bangers to civics instead of 5.0's...

You want REAL muscle using little more than a 5.0 engine?

Warning NOT STOCK but VERY FAST!!!

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
hey kamiam, didn't you say this earlier

just how long have you been racing??? I've been doing it for 20 years on and ioff....when you get more experience than me then go ahead and talk until then STFU

Is this you?

I see...so you've been racing since you were been born? Ah...must be one of those die-hard racers. Interesting, it says in the picture that you're 20 years old. I do believe that is a recent photo of yourself because I doubt that you are any older since you're obviously so immature.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
The guy in the Cobra can't drive thats for sure... Real nice launch there.. I have a slip infront of me right now that has a 5500lbs truck doing a 2.1sec 60ft The guy in the Video prolly had mommy and daddy pay for that while the GSX has prolly made it to the track more then once.

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999
dafatha00
alot you know PISSANT
for your edification that pix was taken in 1980
soSHUT THE FVSK UP AND CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLE PUNK
your nothing but a master...er flamebater
you've proven your IGNORANCE now quit embarrassing yourself and GO AWAY

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
hahaha, so you're 40 years old and you talk like that??? ahahahahhahahhaahahahAHHAAHAHHAhahhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHahhaahHAHAahAHAHAHA

i don't even have to say anything else.

my 15 year old cousin is more mature than you...

AHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
I don't what part of georgia you're from but the street racing scene here is all camaro's and stang's.

If you show up with anything less than nitto drag radials or mickey's, your ass will be handed to you, and folks aren't racing for fun. $$ talks.

Pretty much if you don't have about 500whp, and traction to hook up, you're going to get toasted..

Brothers down from monroe come up, running 2001 SS camaros' with 250 shot of nitrous, dealer tags still on them.. fast ass cars..

If their not on the bottle, they are supercharged.

You don't see many ricers there because most of them aren't 12 second cars..

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000

<< hehe, muscle cars get you no chicks... >>

First, I want no woman I &quot;got&quot; because of my car. On the flip side none of my female friends have ever said &quot;check out that bad ass honda, I love the lowering, and the exhaust is so sweet&quot; On the other hand I have heard, whoa check out the hemi cuda! Listen to that sound, its awesome.

If you want serious serious speed (sub 10 second times) dollar for dollar big engined cars beat little engine cars. I love turbos, but you can only boost so much practically. You can post links to 10 or 9 second hondas but how about telling me how the engine is completely custom as well as teh tranny and rest of the drivetrain? They get rebuilt lik eevery three races? Ohhh the water jacket is stuffed with filler so the block is strong enough thats streetable. The streetable extreme speed comes from a car with a big engine.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
my girlfriend loves to point out ricers can laugh at them. Its great!! Only high school girls would get in any sort of monstrosity with a supra wing or weapon-R stickers all over.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I'm psyched for this movie. I love car chases more than anything else in my movies! Sure it may be dumb at parts and I expect it so I won't be surprised, but I think its gonna be fun.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
i think the best part will be all the ricers fixing to race after the show gets out on opening night!! time to spank on rice cars

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999
LAUST, SOYBOMB AND EMULEX
thanks for your posts, it's nice hearing from some who actually have a clue as to what their talking about...these kiddies w/ their tinker toys just have no clue...nothing but flamebaiters...they disagree w/ you and call names and when you respond in kind back they then gang up...typical teenagers...again thanks for hearing from someone who knows from what they speak...

and for the kiddies... the technology has enabled your cars to move @ a pretty good speed but they can still not keep up w/ most old detroit iron(as long as it's kept in good condition),IMHO and if you mean what you say you won't try any more flamebaiting and trolling and might gain some credibilty along the way...try it otherwise you'll just be proving my point

TimberWolf

Oct 11, 1999
Just think - After all the time and thousands of dollars Jon Carmack has spent to get his twin-turbo Ferrari to do ten second quarters or better . . . He could of saved all that trouble and money and just bought a Supra . . .

And I used to think he was a pretty bright guy . . .

bigd480

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000
better yet he coulda bought a Hemi Dart! they're fast as all hell! they can hold 2500-3000HP easy! LOL

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
better yet he coulda bought a Hemi Dart! they're fast as all hell! they can hold 2500-3000HP easy! LOL

Seriously, they have got to be the fastest cars in the world! Probably the most reliable cars with the best handling too!! Oh wow..they put all cars down to shame..

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
what gave it away?

<< YAWN and a hemi can be modded up to 2500 - 3000 hp, so whats your point >>

LOL!

Seriously, they have got to be the fastest cars in the world! Probably the most reliable cars with the best handling too!! Oh wow..they put all cars down to shame..

Hmm.. let's see what the search engines came up with:

http://www.rodfathers.com/SCHEIBS57PLYMOUTH.html

&quot;The horse power is 2,500 bhp at 7,200 rpm on fuel and the maximum torque, now hold onto your hat dudes, is 2,250 lb-ft at 4,200 rpm.&quot;

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/features/2001/April/200104_feature_sport_oldmaster.xml?&amp;page=2

&quot;When Ford lost interest in 1969 in its Top Fuel SOHC engine, and its racing program in general, Pink concentrated on the supercharged nitro 426 Hemi engine and became one of the busiest engine builders in the business, along with south-L.A. rival Keith Black.
The supercharged 500-cubic-inch, 2500-hp nitro-burning engines, made from modified 426 Hemis, were so big in size and power they were dubbed Elephant motors, and if you wanted to win, you had either a Black Elephant or a Pink Elephant.&quot;

http://www.hekimianracing.com/alky.html

500+ Inch Blown Alcohol KB Hemi 3000 HP

Yes, these are pretty much race only engines, but you really can get that amount of power from them with some mods.

I don't know what kind of blocks are used for the 5000+ HP top fuel drag race cars, but I've heard that they were based on the hemi. If I remember correctly, the heads are also based on the old hemi heads. Actually, I'm real sure of the heads because I can see the spark plug wires going to the center of the valve covers, unlike a typical wedge head design.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< I can't believe this thread is still going... :D >>

me neither
>>

THE THREAD THAT WON'T DIE!!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

My thread kicked your thread's ass. :D :D :D :D