The Evidence Against Iraq Was Evaporating . . .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ITJunkie

Platinum Member
Apr 17, 2003
www.techange.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I hope we're all very clear that our war of aggression on Iraq had nothing what so ever to do with any imminent threat. We attacked Iraq because a few psychotic individuals of neocon persuasion have seized the reigns of power in the US. They are pursuing a dream of a New American Century as published by PNAC. These madmen knew the people of the US would never follow them in their Religious Dream. These people are the distillation of the psychosis of cold war fear. The means justify the ends. Get it:

THE MEANS JUSTIFY THE ENDS

THOSE OF YOU WHO SUPPORT THEM SUPPORT EVIL INCARNATE

Sounds good. Now the dictators of the world think twice before threatening our interests.

I support them (along with a majority of americans, if you believe the polls). What are you going to do about it?
I simply want to show you why you do for the sake of love. You support the evil that is rotting our world. It's all about what you can see and then the choices you make. You pick fear over faith. It's always up to you. You seem to think my life depends on what you do or that your stupidity is some threat to me. I'm thinking more of the generations unborn and the world you're making for them. But I understand all about your pride. I know the chasm into which you stare.

Touche´....;)

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Had Congress not cowardly transferred its authority to wage war to Bush and instead followed the rule of law to formally declare war on Iraq I believe the weakness and misrepresentation of the evidence would have lead to a different outcome.

The warmongers among us might say that's exactly why Bush had to spice up the evidence and beat the war drum so hard. But by doing so was truth served? Have each of us become so morally and intellectually inept that we can't make the right decision on waging war and thus the decision must be made solely up to the President? Isn't that the recipe for tyranny all over again?

Between Clinton and Bush I think it's safe to say trust in government by any responsible, free thinker is at an historic low.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
If the US had actually been forced to play by the UN rules, I'm sure that not one single American to this day would have gotten killed by Saddam. In fact, Saddam may have been thrown out of power by now, had the full international community been behind the UN Coalition, a true coalition. There was no such need to rush things as it happened. Now the US is reviled when they ask for troops and help keeping peace in Iraq. Spit on just as the US spit on them.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Washington Post
In recent days, as the Bush administration has defended its assertion in the president's State of the Union address that Iraq had tried to buy African uranium, officials have said it was only one bit of intelligence that indicated former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was reconstituting his nuclear weapons program.

But a review of speeches and reports, plus interviews with present and former administration officials and intelligence analysts, suggests that between Oct. 7, when President Bush made a speech laying out the case for military action against Hussein, and Jan. 28, when he gave his State of the Union address, almost all the other evidence had either been undercut or disproved by U.N. inspectors in Iraq.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yup, the US has become an aggressor nation, the thing we fought against for 200 years. The sick psychopathic lust of power has finally infected us. We have become, thanks to our fear, the Axe of evil in the world. Always the Evil One seizes power by helping us become exactly what we fear. We have all been turned inside out. This is the nature of reality to justify ends by means. This is the blindness of the self-righteous, the certain of the way. We are the bird that sh!ts in its nest. Evil is always done in the name of good.