The end of the modern GOP and their hopes of a 2016 Presidency

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Says the low IQ tard with hitler in his sig who will then go and compare politicians to hitler. Keep the hate going drama queen.

HAHAHAHAHA

I have never compared a politician to Hitler, and I don't think I ever will. My Hitler quote is for comedy, not politics. Hell, I didn't even say anything about politics. Your comment was just stupid. Hate comes from love, holy shit. You are giving fodder and reinforcing the stereotype about trump followers though.

Good show!

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Outsider looking in, I see no way for Trump to win the Presidency. I don't think it is a guaranteed democrat win though. I think if Kasich wins the nom, a Kasich/Rubio ticket would knock out the dems pretty solidly.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
HAHAHAHAHA

I have never compared a politician to Hitler, and I don't think I ever will. My Hitler quote is for comedy, not politics. Hell, I didn't even say anything about politics. Your comment was just stupid. Hate comes from love, holy shit. You are giving fodder and reinforcing the stereotype about trump followers though.

Good show!

Apparently he doesn't have the IQ to figure that out, and thus lashes out at what he cannot understand.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Apparently he doesn't have the IQ to figure that out, and thus lashes out at what he cannot understand.

After dealing with a bunch of stupid people on the left yesterday, its nice to deal with stupid from the right today. Everyone needs balance.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
I am not saying that ALL Trump followers are outright racist, but fact is that MANY are.
Racists do no differentiate between "good" Mexican's or "bad" Mexicans.

A racist doesn't investigate the background of someone first, say, to see whether they have come to the country legally or not.

They also won't do a lot of research before they target whatever minority, say Blacks, whether their actions would be truly justified or not.

That's NOT how racists "work".

It is therefore baffling how some folks think that racism would only target those who "deserve it". Even more so if some who belong to those groups themselves, such as some Latinos, support Trump, thinking *THEY* would be exempt from racism etc.

NOTHING.LEARNED.AT.ALL.

Would be interesting to see actual policy prescriptions being written to determine what constitutes the "good ones" when Trump talks about the Mexicans he would allow back. The absurdity of simple rhetoric is truly exposed if serious people actually have to attempt to implement policy based on that rhetoric. For instance, once Mexico gave a resounding "fuck you" to Trump telling them to pay for the wall...what then? Does Trump think he can send his government henchman to a national bank and illegally seize Mexican government accounts? Does he think he can arbitrarily implement a tax on outgoing wire transfers to Mexico?

Trump would fail to deliver on essentially every one of his promises to his voters, which makes you wonder what their recourse would be after that. The angry disaffected whites backing Trump are barreling down a path that doesn't have any light at the end of it. I fear they will continue to be exploited by those who desire their votes and promise them things that cannot be delivered to the point that they become violent, because for the qualities they lack, guns isn't among them.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Outsider looking in, I see no way for Trump to win the Presidency. I don't think it is a guaranteed democrat win though. I think if Kasich wins the nom, a Kasich/Rubio ticket would knock out the dems pretty solidly.

The Republican coalition as it stands now is not formidable enough to win a general election solidly anymore. That is just a fact based on demographic trends and the failure of Republicans to broaden their coalition beyond older white males. Trump getting pushed aside does not undo the damage he has caused to the Republican coalition, not that the party wasn't on a disastrous anti-immigrant tilt before Trump. Those Trump voters will not just shrug their shoulders and get back in line. The Republican party has a 3 alarm fire raging at the moment, and we are beyond salvaging it at this point. They are going to have to sift through the ashes of whats left after November and figure out how to build a new coalition if they want to remain a national party. I'd bet even the brightest minds in the party are clueless on how to do this at this point.

This election cycle is not just some anomaly either. Republicans have lost the past 5 of 6 popular votes, with the 1 exception being in 2004 when Bush won 44% of the Hispanic vote. Anyone foresee that happening again anytime soon? Republicans are quite adept at shooing away inconvenient facts, but this one cannot be ignored. They are the equivalent of a 2TD underdog in football parlance. Even if they come into the game completely healthy, and they are most certainly not healthy this cycle, they STILL need to play a perfect game and have a few lucky breaks to win. That is why they hang their hopes on Hillary getting indicted. They need a hail Mary pass to win, because the Republican coalition as it stands now cannot stand toe to toe with the democratic coalition. It's simple numbers.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
HAHAHAHAHA

Good show!
You still have hitler in your sig. Spread that hate, brah.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
This is an intensely stupid string of sentences. Mind-numbingly stupid.
Hate is born out of love. Apathy is true hate. You just responded to my post out of love. If you truly hated me, I'd be blocked. These are undeniable truths.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Hate is born out of love. Apathy is true hate. You just responded to my post out of love. If you truly hated me, I'd be blocked. These are undeniable truths.

Even less sense. I don't hate you. I don't love you. I think you're an imbecile.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The Republican coalition as it stands now is not formidable enough to win a general election solidly anymore. That is just a fact based on demographic trends and the failure of Republicans to broaden their coalition beyond older white males. Trump getting pushed aside does not undo the damage he has caused to the Republican coalition, not that the party wasn't on a disastrous anti-immigrant tilt before Trump. Those Trump voters will not just shrug their shoulders and get back in line. The Republican party has a 3 alarm fire raging at the moment, and we are beyond salvaging it at this point. They are going to have to sift through the ashes of whats left after November and figure out how to build a new coalition if they want to remain a national party. I'd bet even the brightest minds in the party are clueless on how to do this at this point.

This election cycle is not just some anomaly either. Republicans have lost the past 5 of 6 popular votes, with the 1 exception being in 2004 when Bush won 44% of the Hispanic vote. Anyone foresee that happening again anytime soon? Republicans are quite adept at shooing away inconvenient facts, but this one cannot be ignored. They are the equivalent of a 2TD underdog in football parlance. Even if they come into the game completely healthy, and they are most certainly not healthy this cycle, they STILL need to play a perfect game and have a few lucky breaks to win. That is why they hang their hopes on Hillary getting indicted. They need a hail Mary pass to win, because the Republican coalition as it stands now cannot stand toe to toe with the democratic coalition. It's simple numbers.

They will probably go back to the well of "We lost because we weren't conservative enough" mantra, one more time. After they loose yet another national election, they might finally get a clue that that's not what their problem is.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007

So if they're going to indict Clinton then why don't they just do it already? Hasn't it's been talked to death already?

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
They won't. That's just republican fantasy.

So it's basically them just screaming Benghazi over and over again?

Seems like there are probably actual good ways to attack Clinton rather than just flail angrily.

But I'm pretty disconnected from the election. Canada. No TV. I don't go out of my way to read American news. Usually if something I read here catches my eye I will check out the truth but otherwise I'm disconnected.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
OMG, you don't realize how its a joke do you?

Please keep this going. I need a smile.

I've learned that his ability to "get it" is well below the average human's. He claims he's so smart and so educated (kinda like Trump's whole "I have the best words") yet all his posts read like they were written by a mental patient with severe cerebral trauma.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Allowing people the freedom to live their own lives, make their own personal decisions, and speak their own opinions, even if you disagree strongly with everything they do and say, is not apathy.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Allowing people the freedom to live their own lives, make their own personal decisions, and speak their own opinions, even if you disagree strongly with everything they do and say, is not apathy.
What you described is dislike (mild hate) and like (mild love). There is still a level of caring about what one says, things are still assigned value. Repeated extreme hate and disgust is when you've reached the level not to care anymore and block someone. That is how divorce happens, when apathy level is reached and you are done. Apathy is the result of repeated true hate at its apex and is born out of it, hence why true hate = apathy. Dislike or Like means you still care.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What you described is dislike (mild hate) and like (mild love). There is still a level of caring about what one says, things are still assigned value. Repeated extreme hate and disgust is when you've reached the level not to care anymore and block someone. That is how divorce happens, when apathy level is reached and you are done. Apathy is the result of repeated true hate at its apex and is born out of it, hence why true hate = apathy. Dislike or Like means you still care.

qn394xjpg.gif~c200

You are misusing the word care in your context.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In a competive sick culture like the one we live in, it is common to attempt to inflate ones own standing by calling others stupid. The result is that everybody grows up having been thus put down and feeling stupid. This is how self hate works. Once we internalize our feeling of being stupid. We want everybody else to feel that way. Naturally, doing this is extremely stupid, so stop calling others stupid you stupid assholes.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
So it's basically them just screaming Benghazi over and over again?

Seems like there are probably actual good ways to attack Clinton rather than just flail angrily.

But I'm pretty disconnected from the election. Canada. No TV. I don't go out of my way to read American news. Usually if something I read here catches my eye I will check out the truth but otherwise I'm disconnected.

If they dont focus on scandals then they are required to stand on policy, and the conservative ideology has become rather inflexible over the years when it comes to policy. The answer to everything is tax cuts and less government. Not exactly the most compelling message to a large segment of their voter base that dont actually pay any federal taxes. The one good thing that I think might come out of the ashes Trump leaves behind is that he has shattered the old dynamic of the white underclass in the party doing the bidding of the rich. Republicans are going to have to start representing all their voters instead of their donor class, and refocus their anger away from the poor, immigrants and other minorities to focus on ways government can help make their own lives better.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Xenophobia is like racism, but, its different. Trump is not against people based on their colors. He doesnt like what he doesnt understand, different cultures are scary to him. The mexicans with their pinatas and sombreros, the Muslims with their praying multiple times per day and facing the correct direction, all soooper scary like ghosts!!!!!

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
The GOP is archaic and deserves to die. Their holding onto their "conservative" discourse is nothing but words intending to dupe the population while they receive their pay in hands behind their backs from the same old elite that have the tax codes scewed in favor of themselves.

What is interesting is how the GOP and the Democrats have switched places over the years, whereupon the stances of each is 180 degrees from where they were in 1860.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The GOP is archaic and deserves to die. Their holding onto their "conservative" discourse is nothing but words intending to dupe the population while they receive their pay in hands behind their backs from the same old elite that have the tax codes scewed in favor of themselves.

What is interesting is how the GOP and the Democrats have switched places over the years, whereupon the stances of each is 180 degrees from where they were in 1860.

You don't have to go back that far.