The election scenario that should terrify everyone -- especially Black America

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Great name.

What worries me and we've seen this time and time again. Law and order is only applies to black people. If shots are fired and a black person is in the area they are the guilty ones while white people will be allowed just walk away.

Meanwhile DHS leaked reports white nationalists are the greatest thread yet the narrative will be BLM is at fault.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Yo check it, President Trump just unveiled the Platinum Plan for black people! Order now, and you’ll also get a set of polished 22” rimz with spinners!!

Get ready for your peaceful urban neighborhoods y’all—cuz you’re no longer allowed in the suburbs.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
^that really is pathetic. I'd be surprised if more than a very few fall for it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yo check it, President Trump just unveiled the Platinum Plan for black people! Order now, and you’ll also get a set of polished 22” rimz with spinners!!

Get ready for your peaceful urban neighborhoods y’all—cuz you’re no longer allowed in the suburbs.
I feel so special!

Fuck him. He didn't even know what Juneteenth was until his rally stepped on it. Know what day I want as a federal holiday? Election Day. That way black people can have more access to the polls and have an effect on policy at the local up to the federal level.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I feel so special!

Fuck him. He didn't even know what Juneteenth was until his rally stepped on it. Know what day I want as a federal holiday? Election Day. That way black people can have more access to the polls and have an effect on policy at the local up to the federal level.
Voting during the Federal Election should be a $1000.00 tax credit.

Reactions: jman19 and esquared

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Eeeeeh, the problem with compulsory voting is then you get completely uninformed people voting only because they have to.
I like the idea of the tax credit. $500 should do it. Instead of the holiday I would settle for state wide minimums of polling places open starting the Sat before Tue Election Day.

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
Eeeeeh, the problem with compulsory voting is then you get completely uninformed people voting only because they have to.
Coming from a country that does have compulsory voting I disagree slightly. Uniformed voters are much less problematic than misinformed voters. Before the days of social media a lot of voters were simply uninformed and apathetic. These days those same voters are just as likely to be animated though completely misinformed thanks to their Facebook feeds. Most of that misinformation directly benefits one side of politics. Social media is a cancer on our collective social intelligence.

Reactions: Zorba and skyking
Nov 8, 2012
I'd settle with just tiered voting.

Eliminates the "I hate both candidates" problem so there is no excuse and no remorse for 3rd party votes.

Nov 8, 2012
Coming from a country that does have compulsory voting I disagree slightly. Uniformed voters are much less problematic than misinformed voters. Before the days of social media a lot of voters were simply uninformed and apathetic. These days those same voters are just as likely to be animated though completely misinformed thanks to their Facebook feeds. Most of that misinformation directly benefits one side of politics. Social media is a cancer on our collective social intelligence.
Trudat.

Plenty of people would go in to vote and say "Uhhhh which name do I know better? Ohh I think I heard that Trump guy on some reality TV shows or some shit"

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
I'd settle with just tiered voting.

Eliminates the "I hate both candidates" problem so there is no excuse and no remorse for 3rd party votes.
I'm going to assume you mean something like preferential voting where you rank the candidates in order of best to worst? That's how we vote for our representatives in Australia.

Combine that with proportional representation, which we don't have in Australia unfortunately, and you go a long way to an actually representative democratic electoral system.

The electoral system I'd like would take the best bits from both the NZ and Australian systems. But that might just be my biases showing as they are the two systems I've actually experienced.

Reactions: jman19

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Remember how open carry was legal in CA until the Reagan signed a bill outlawing it...

Because the sight of the Black Panthers exercising it peaceably was frightening to repubs?

Maybe this will help end open carry in other states.

One can hope?

_______

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

gotta love the group's name - Not Fucking Around Coalition

edit for spelling
If anyone does not see this as a possibility, they don't understand that POTUS is a self-absorbed cult leader, capable of anything, and his cult will take up his cause with violence.

If you don't understand this you haven't been paying attention. Wake the fuck up!