The eccentricities of human nature

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I've got an irrational fear of zombies :p

I know in my head it's silly, but still, every time I'm in a building (especially now, as I've been house/apartment hunting all month), I can't walk into the place without doing a survey in my head of how easily defensible the place would be and/or how easy it would be to escape from if there were a horde of zeds pounding on my front door. lol.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I'd say that mine is a little bit of what everyone has listed, *tons* of little things bother me even how people wash cars. I'm not going to make their life a living hell, but if they don't do it the way I would have, and even if they do, I'll probably go over the area on my own and just say I'm getting a spot they missed.

I don't know where to start, but it's basically that while I can be laid back, there are a lot of little things. Someone made a post about walking on cracks, and I've always been like that, except I don't walk over that same crack with my other foot, but I have to make up for it on later steps so that each one had the same amount of pressure and same number of times that it stepped on a crack.

I think for many things, I just have trouble trusting others to do things properly. I care about what's being done, and the other person is probably just doing it for the money or to get it done, but I'm doing it because I enjoy it.

Terabyte

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 1999
My roommates do these things:

- Eat, and then leave the dishes around (on the table, etc, NOT IN THE DAMN SINK)
- Take the trash out the trashcan, but not take the trash to the garbage container (so they leave it there...FOR ME...aasdfasf)
- When the toilet paper is out, they leave the old one there (on the roll thing), and put a new roll of toilet paper on top of the toilet (OMFG)

WTFx10000000000

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000
Mine is the people that can't walk straight, they weave from left to right. I try to walk past them, but they always block my friggin way. Makes you wonder how they drive.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Terabyte

- Eat, and then leave the dishes around (on the table, etc, NOT IN THE DAMN SINK)
- Take the trash out the trashcan, but not take the trash to the garbage container (so they leave it there...FOR ME...aasdfasf)
- When the toilet paper is out, they leave the old one there (on the roll thing), and put a new roll of toilet paper on top of the toilet (OMFG)

WTFx10000000000
That's not an issue with you, but your roommates. In common space, I would assume that everyone picks up after themselves and doesn't leave things sitting around for too long. Obviously, they don't have to pick up their dishes 2 minutes after they finish eating and are in the same room watching tv or something, but it shouldn't be there overnight either.

As for taking the trash out, I thought that was just how you shared duties?

Toilet paper - eh, I don't know if this is something you can talk to others about as being an issue because it'll be laughed about, but yeah, I'm someone that puts a new one on before I'm out of there if it runs out.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
People saying "Good morning!" or "How'd you sleep?" when I'm waking up. It pisses me off beyond belief and if there are people around where I'm sleeping (sometimes I fall to sleep on the living room floor) I'll lie for hours pretending to be asleep just waiting for the people to leave. Once I get up I have to go through a wake up phase, which consists of me avoiding all human contact for twenty or so minutes (usually by washing my face and hair for that time) until I leave my "Get the fuck away from me, damnit!" mood.

The shower curtains not doing their job properly gets me really angry as well. I can be in a perfectly good mood but once I see water dripping past the curtains onto the carpet I'm punching walls.
*nod*

When I wake up, just let me wake up and don't bug me. I really hate days when people wake me up rudely or suddenly and then I get a headache for the rest of the day.

If someone needs to wake me up, it should be kindly. Waking someone up while they sleep is a fvcking sin, let the person sleep.

It's kind of like how when someone is drinking water, let them drink it, don't mess with them. Drinking a glass of water, sleeping, etc. are all *very* relaxing things and how you relieve daily stress, if someone interrupts that, they're going to break a friendship very fast.

Terabyte

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 1999
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
Originally posted by: Terabyte

WTFx10000000000
That's not an issue with you, but your roommates. In common space, I would assume that everyone picks up after themselves and doesn't leave things sitting around for too long. Obviously, they don't have to pick up their dishes 2 minutes after they finish eating and are in the same room watching tv or something, but it shouldn't be there overnight either.

As for taking the trash out, I thought that was just how you shared duties?

Toilet paper - eh, I don't know if this is something you can talk to others about as being an issue because it'll be laughed about, but yeah, I'm someone that puts a new one on before I'm out of there if it runs out.

It's a few of my pet peeves.

Originally, my duty was to wash the dishes. Roommate B would cook, and roommate C would take out the trash. That worked for like the first month? After that..ughh I don't even want to talk about it.

Oct 4, 2004
1. All my underwear is the same brand, design and color.
2. Ditto with socks.
3. Ten seconds after stepping out of my house, I will walk back and check if I locked the front door. Not once have I found the door unlocked but I always walk back and double-check.