The Eastman Memo, the coup memo

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So if I talk to a friend about wanting to rob a bank, thats a crime?
No but if you and the friend using what you talked about try to break into that bank and it fails?

That is a crime

If Eastman just created that plan and gave it to nobody and did not try to execute it, that isn't a crime

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
So if I talk to a friend about wanting to rob a bank, thats a crime?

If you are the commanding officer of your subordinate and you ORDER him to carry out the robbery, yes.

That's a crime.

Trump orchestrated and implemented every aspect of the Eastman plot. ONLY Pence's refusal to carry out Trump's direct order stopped it's full attempt.

Direct testimony of Pence refusing Trump's order, and Trump's reaction.

If a General orders his troops to carry out a war crime and they refuse his order, he is still guilty of attempting to commit a war crime.

Eastman himself is guilty of professional misconduct and loss of his license at the very least. I would say he's guilty of seditious conspiracy since it was his plot the president attempted.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If you are the commanding officer of your subordinate and you ORDER him to carry out the robbery, yes.

That's a crime.

Trump orchestrated and implemented every aspect of the Eastman plot. ONLY Pence's refusal to carry out Trump's direct order stopped it's full attempt.

If a General orders his troops to carry out a war crime and they refuse his order, he is still guilty of attempting to commit a war crime.

Eastman himself is guilty of professional misconduct and loss of his license at the very least. I would say he's guilty of seditious conspiracy since it was his plot the president attempted.

Careful now, you might be onto something. And that something will wear out blackangst's tap dance shoes faster than the other "who me?" players around here.

Reactions: Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

That's a crime.

Direct testimony of Pence refusing Trump's order, and Trump's reaction.

Thats...a stretch.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, we werent.
Can you explain?

Let’s walk through this step by step. Say Pence does as Trump wanted - that means it goes to the House. Are you saying the House would have elected Biden president despite the republicans controlling a significant majority of congressional state delegations?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If you were tangoing with one of the new AI chat bots… and blackangst…. and you knew ONE of them was a bot…. which one would you point out as the bot? Id be like that blackangst is just lazy coding man, doesnt even make sense, you out.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Also I’m very confident that had the coup succeeded the Republican answer would be to pretend nothing untoward happened. They would just say ‘there were controversies about the electoral votes from some states and the House resolved the issue. The system works.’

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Also I’m very confident that had the coup succeeded the Republican answer would be to pretend nothing untoward happened. They would just say ‘there were controversies about the electoral votes from some states and the House resolved the issue. The system works.’
Seemed you skipped the part where fighting erupts in the streets.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Can you explain?

Let’s walk through this step by step. Say Pence does as Trump wanted - that means it goes to the House. Are you saying the House would have elected Biden president despite the republicans controlling a significant majority of congressional state delegations?
yes

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi