The Dolphins and Giants play in Wembley

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 10, 2005
too bad the game was so lame. i noticed the fans were cheering for any big play, i.e incomplete bombs down field. they were really hungry for some action! i wish the league gave them a better matchup / more explosive teams.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: The Boston Dangler
too bad the game was so lame. i noticed the fans were cheering for any big play, i.e incomplete bombs down field. they were really hungry for some action! i wish the league gave them a better matchup / more explosive teams.

That field was horrible - did you see the chunks of grass coming off. Don't think anybody could've scored on that field.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Funny. The comments after the game had the teams complaining about the long travel and "jet lag".

The distance from NY to London isn't terribly much more than Miami to Seattle. The time difference is 5 hours instead of 3.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
That English dude kicked ass singing 'God Save the Queen' while some fat black woman butchered our national anthem. We couldn't find anyone to do it better? :roll:

Are you talking about Donna Summer singing God Bless America at the World Series?

Clip

If not, clip?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: The Boston Dangler

The Giants have an explosive offense.
They were playing knee-deep in mud.
The field was terrible for football.

This is a real problem if the NFL want's to continue doing this kind of thing, which they do. There are no NFL stadiums overseas, just soccer. They cut the grass shorter and keep it thinner. We saw what happened. If someone really gets hurt in one of these games, it will be a real shame.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: silverpig
Funny. The comments after the game had the teams complaining about the long travel and "jet lag".

The distance from NY to London isn't terribly much more than Miami to Seattle. The time difference is 5 hours instead of 3.

and that is why everyone hates going to play in seattle.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: silverpig

4400 miles (Miami-London) vs 2700 miles (Miami-Seattle) is a pretty significant difference in distance.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Yeah I can't wait until the penalty calls for "illegal motion" and "intentional grounding" start coming in and the crowd collectively yells, "Wha?"

But, anyway, I wish for these Intl games they'd pick better teams. The Dolphins are the worst team in the league and The Giants stand to run a lot of Brandon Jacobs and have a couple old receivers. We need some high flying passing attacks and Miami just traded away their only star receiver. Last time in Mexico City, it was the rebuilding Niners versus the perennial fops the Arizona Cardinals.

I'm sure it's because they're on the east coast but so is New England......although it may have been a little on the nose to send the Patriots over there. :)

Can we give LT to Miami for this game?

Maybe we should play the Pro Bowl in a different country every year. Those end up being high scoring games with fewer penalties called and more stars.

I'm just not sure Britain will swoon over Cleo Lemon and Plaxico Burress. Send Brady over there. He can knock up a couple dozen Londoners and maybe a Spice Girl or two and give the press something to talk about.

I called it. A freaking boring ass game with lots of dumb penalties.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: TheNewbie
Ok, I've got to ask this, are the fucking dolphins labeled as NFL or tragic-comedy this year?
yeah....

theres a dolphins thread on the first page. why bump this?