The Division adds DX12 support

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
08090535651l.jpg

Tom Clancy's The Division now supports a DirectX 12 renderer on the game's Public Test Server (PTS version 1.5), which should offer improved framerates for those with compatible systems.
Right now early reports on the game's new DirectX 12 version are positive, offering some small performance improvements on most systems. At this time we have not been able to test this game's DirectX 12 version, though we do plan on conducting some DirectX 12 testing in the near future.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/tom_clancy_s_the_division_now_supports_directx_12/1

ThatBuzzkiller

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2014
Awesome, I want a deep dive of their engine technology along with their DX12 implementation! :)

All the sweeter if they can get shader model 6 supported once Microsoft releases their new shader compiler ...

Azix

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2014
I doubt anyone saw that coming. Did they say anything about it before putting it in?

ran it, got a few FPS more than dx11 on r9 fury (4-5fps) with particles and volumetric on high. I think the gains drop with those on ultra.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
I doubt anyone saw that coming. Did they say anything about it before putting it in?

ran it, got a few FPS more than dx11 on r9 fury (4-5fps) with particles and volumetric on high. I think the gains drop with those on ultra.

Yeah not sure, thought the game wasn't doing very well due to cheaters and such that went unpunished for a long time. Good to see they spent the time to update the engine though, means they either have plans for the current game or at least more plans for the engine which seems to work very well.