Discussion The Digital Foundry Cyberpunk path tracing puff piece has been uploaded.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
The problem is that Witcher patch runs so poorly regardless of hardware that it's not worth using. I just rolled it back to the older DX11 version.

Metro and Control are still the best examples of RT I've seen.

pj-

May 5, 2015
The problem is that Witcher patch runs so poorly regardless of hardware that it's not worth using. I just rolled it back to the older DX11 version.

Metro and Control are still the best examples of RT I've seen.

It ran 40-50fps at 4k for me with FSR which I found a tolerable tradeoff for the increase in lighting/shadows quality. Interiors had a lot of dramatic differences like the screenshots I posted but more than that I really liked what RT did for forested areas. I think the GI did a lot of heavy lifting there making the trees feel like part of a world rather than just being 3d models placed in a videogame.

In DX11 it would be locked at 4k 120fps but I only switched to that in areas with repeatable DX12 crashes. > 90% of my recent 133h in the game were with RT and I loved how it looked, aside from being a bit dark in some areas.

pj-

May 5, 2015
Can I get some personal information from you for the GoFundMe I'm starting to help replace the broken print screen key on your keyboard?

I could only afford 40% of a keyboard so mine doesn't have a print screen key at all😢
PXL_20221217_035123500.jpg

But in any case the witcher shots were from a few months ago when I was playing on the TV with a controller and happened to notice an area that looked way different with RT. Used my phone out of laziness

• Haha
Reactions: gamervivek