The death of a mouse

dribgnikcom

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Now we used to have mice maybe 10 years ago. Their excrement was all over the house upstairs. Eventually we got rid of them by those regular snap traps. They were eradicated within a year. I can still remember all their bodies stuffed in an olive jar ready to be disposed of. Now that wasnt the end of it. We still had in our garage which we temporarily got rid of with those glue traps. Now those glue traps are inhumane. When the mouse gets stuck to it, it tries to escape and it rips it's skin and dies a slow, painful death. Thus we stopped using those.

Now I came back from outside ready to sit down and browse the net in my computer room in the basement, and I see a little baby mouse crawling on my floor! The shock isn't so much as "Oh no there's a MOUSE in my house". The shock is more like "Oh damnit they can get in again, my house is vulnerable". Needless to say I waited till the mouse was in view and I smushed it to death with a plastic bottle. Too bad, was a cute little pest, if I could have it as a pet I would, but these things carry terrible diseases and they bite too. The way I figured it, either I kill it now when I have a chance or it crawls on me at night. (I had a junebug crawl on my face last year as I was dozing off, I now sleep with one eye open)

This is after my annual battle with flying ants (Eew those things are ugly) that raid my basement every year. I kinda have gotten used to em as much as sanity allows(Well not really, as soon as I see em I catch em if I can and feed em to my fish they DO disgust me).

Ugh, I need to move.

What are your pest experiences?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
It's called an exterminator. they work wonders.

we have a cricket problem (only outside all the house) right now. that will be taken care of in less than a month.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
We've had ants a few times (non flying, nor biting).... Sometimes I get bit by a mosquito. California has relatively few insect problems. I did squish a rat in a friend's garage once. It tried to hide between a small toolbox and the cement wall. I kicked the toolbox against the wall.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
My sister raises mice and rats and breeds them. They are always escaping and wreaking havoc in my room. Wild mice run rampant as well. Just a few days ago a little baby mouse ran across my desk, launched itself off the edge at high velocity, went airborne for an instant, and slammed into the door. It then proceeded to scurry into my crawlspace, never to be seen again.