The #*% damned media and their stupidity!!! or The sky is falling...the sky is falling!!!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I can't take it anymore...all these dumbass reporters, journalist, etc, etc, etc....that seize on every opportunity to point out something they consider bad about this war are making me sick. It's a war people...a WAR!!! Do you not realize that things do not always go as planned once the bullets start flying? Do they not realize that there is an ebb and flow to warfare and that you without the same intelligence gathering capabilities of the military have no freaking clue about what is really going on. Already the damn journalist are spouting off about this "major setback for coalition forces" because they are pausing their advance for a few days. Jeebus!! You f*cking morons.....get a clue....it's not like the war is halting and we are going home....it's a pause of the advance of the ground troops.....the air war will continue and operations on the ground will as well. So they aren't going to close in on Baghdad....good grief already...they have moved some 300 miles into the country and control large portions of it.....I would say that the war is going well....but noooooooo.....the Anchorchair Generals say this is a blow to or forces....oh STFU already you morons....go buy yourself a copy of War For Dummies and try learning something about it.

I mean can you imagine if these schmoes had been around during the Civil War? They would have been calling for Lincolns head early on... What about WWII? Can you imagine these asshats reporting on D-Day or the Battle of the Bulge? God help us.....man these people are stupid...how they ever got jobs I can't comprehend.

Gotta turn off the news for a while and step away from the PC....think I'll go throw in my Red Dwarf Series 1 DVD. Until I get back....smeg off!!!

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Damn reporters reporting the facts as they see them. Why aren't they reporting it like they are supposed to? You know..like we want? I suppose we should all just take Rummy's word for it that all is roses and rainbows with our troops? I guess that crazy General that is in Iraq commanding troops commenting on how their training did not prepare them for this type of fighting is just a media friendly whacko who is making this stuff up. They asked Rumsfeld about the comments today and he just side stepped it and said he only read the "headline".

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I would love to kick Rummy right in his NUTS!

He wanted to send in about 1/3 the amount of ground troops we currently have (which BTW are soon to be supported by 120,000 more)

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Holy crap don't say anything negative about the war!

.....err, did we ever declare war?

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
shinerburke:

My suggestion to you if you are between the age of 18 to 25 go down to your local recruter and sign up. Dont just run your mouth, do something.

Bleep

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
The only thing I can say is that the media always goes for sensationalism. What's news? That the coalition is steadily advancing or that they are encountering some difficulty? The simple fact is the coalition is advancing and the war is being fought with effect. Not much to say about that once you've already said it. But there's all kinds of things that can be said, to be speculated, when some unexpected difficulties arise, so they latch onto those like a dog latches onto its favored bone.

I saw a report of a poll yesterday that asked the American public how they felt things were going. More than 70% said they expected the war to last 1 - 6 months and as far as they were concerned everything was going along well. My suggestion to you is just ignore it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I just hate it when the horrible tragedy of this war starts dawning on people and all the lies unravel.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Chicken Little was right - your head is in the sand . . . The sky IS falling...

:p

rolleye.gif

:D

If it bothers you "take a break". ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If you can't take the heat, pack up and get the hell out of our country. Go to Canada. The whole world loves them. Wimp! Whiner! Conservative wiene !

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Bleep
shinerburke:

My suggestion to you if you are between the age of 18 to 25 go down to your local recruter and sign up. Dont just run your mouth, do something.

Bleep
I'm 32....back when I was in my early 20's I did try to join the USMC. Due to a heart problem they wouldn't take me. That being said....what does my not being in the military have to do with the way the reporters are twisting the news around to make it seem like we are taking a beating over there?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Damn reporters reporting the facts as they see them. Why aren't they reporting it like they are supposed to? You know..like we want? I suppose we should all just take Rummy's word for it that all is roses and rainbows with our troops? I guess that crazy General that is in Iraq commanding troops commenting on how their training did not prepare them for this type of fighting is just a media friendly whacko who is making this stuff up. They asked Rumsfeld about the comments today and he just side stepped it and said he only read the "headline".
Calling it like they see it? Funny how the embedded reporters can't say enough about how well the operation is going and it's only the people safe in the anchor chairs who are pontificating about this "major setback"

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
If you can't take the heat, pack up and get the hell out of our country. Go to Canada. The whole world loves them. Wimp! Whiner! Conservative wiene !
STFU Moonie....the last place we need your inane babbling is in a thread about a war. Why don't you go back to the discussion on the wonders of Play Dough? That's much more suited for your level....

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Calling it like they see it? Funny how the embedded reporters can't say enough about how well the operation is going and it's only the people safe in the anchor chairs who are pontificating about this "major setback"
The "embeded reporters" were just swallowing our Pentagon propaganda and regurgitating it. Some of them are just now starting to "think for themselves" - and you don't like it - too bad. :p

rolleye.gif

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
STFU Moonie....the last place we need your inane babbling is in a thread about a way. Why don't you go back to the discussion on the wonders of Play Dough? That's much more suited for your level....

ahahah good chuckle :)

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: apoppin
The "embeded reporters" were just swallowing our Pentagon propaganda and regurgitating it. Some of them are just now starting to "think for themselves" - and you don't like it - too bad. :p

rolleye.gif

Oh so the reporters have not been thinking for themselves?

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
The media has always tried to keep things in the most pesimistic point of view while at the same time trying to make things seem more shocking to their audience... this is not something that just started recently.

For instance of the media had to choose between police failing to save someone's life or police saving someone's life, they would always use the failure as their headline. The media's coverage of the war is no different.

They have and will continue to skew the information to make it seem more pesimistic and shocking then it really is. Did anyone honestly believe the war was going to be over in a week? Now the media is trying to pin the blame for assuming the war would be short on the government, despite the fact that the government has always said the war was not going to be short. The media had assumed the war would be swift, not the government, have they forgotten that already?

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
This article has a good overview of how the administration kept saying before the war that it would be easy and the Iraqis will fold and now that the war has started the admin. is less upbeat. I think most of the media bought what the admin. said before the war, so they're questioning things now that they aren't going as Richard Perle predicted.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: jahawkin
This article has a good overview of how the administration kept saying before the war that it would be easy and the Iraqis will fold and now that the war has started the admin. is less upbeat. I think most of the media bought what the admin. said before the war, so they're questioning things now that they aren't going as Richard Perle predicted.

I always thought it was stupid that we thought that the Iraqis would just fold and quit. We were preening and posing in the mirror and talking about "shock and awe" and stuff -- we were way too overconfident. Everytime I see a boxer gets overconfident, he doesn't do well in the boxing match.

History has always shown that it is never easy to invade and control another country. I think Sadam's generals fooled us into thinking they might be willing to think about surrendering if we invade.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: StormRider
Originally posted by: jahawkin

I always thought it was stupid that we thought that the Iraqis would just fold and quit. We were preening and posing in the mirror and talking about "shock and awe" and stuff -- we were way too overconfident. Everytime I see a boxer gets overconfident, he doesn't do well in the boxing match.

History has always shown that it is never easy to invade and control another country. I think Sadam's generals fooled us into thinking they might be willing to think about surrendering if we invade.
GOOD read:
In the months preceding the war, President Bush was largely silent on the subject of the conflict's cost, duration and dangers, while key administration officials and advisers presented upbeat forecasts. Vice President Cheney, for example, predicted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's troops would "step aside" and that the conflict would be "weeks rather than months," a phrase repeated by other top officials. Others in advisory roles in the administration predicted Iraqi soldiers would "throw in the towel" and Hussein would collapse like "a house of cards" -- phrases senior administration officials often echoed in private.

Yeah, it's the "The #*% damned media and their stupidity" or just maybe our POLITICAL leaders' stupidity. :p Saddam's generals didn't fool us - Bush did.

rolleye.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
shiner:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STFU Moonie....the last place we need your inane babbling is in a thread about a way. Why don't you go back to the discussion on the wonders of Play Dough? That's much more suited for your level....
--------
-------
I forgot Candy Ass.

And WTF is Play Dough?

shinerburke the candy ass. It kinda has a ring to it.