The court and DA have no record on my DUI

Tommy2000GT

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000
A couple of months ago I was arrested for a DUI. I went to court today because that was the court date written on my ticket. They said they don't have any record of me in their system. The clerk checked with the DA and he said he has no information about me either.

Does it sound like the police forgot to forward my case to the DA and I'm off the hook?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
It sounds like you were at the wrong court house.

Edit: And, guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of ATOT, I hope you are done endangering others. What were you thinking?!

Tommy2000GT

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000

Edit: And, guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of ATOT, I hope you are done endangering others. What were you thinking?!

I went to the court house listed on the ticket. And any court house in the county should have information on me if it got into the system.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006

Lol, this.

OP just skipped it. Way to go, bro.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Does it sound like the police forgot to forward my case to the DA and I'm off the hook?

You were. Now that you brought it to their attention, they will probably look until they find it. Then you will be screwed.

Apr 17, 2003
probably a troll thread but did they give you any further instructions (i.e. come back on a particular date?)

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
A couple of months ago I was arrested for a DUI. I went to court today because that was the court date written on my ticket. They said they don't have any record of me in their system. The clerk checked with the DA and he said he has no information about me either.

You're not off the hook. All the paperwork is floating around somewhere, it will be found.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I hope you received documentation that you were there on the assigned date and time.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
drunk driving is a crime, regardless of whether or not you get caught :colbert:

i have half a mind to submit this to the authorities in your municipality

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

It means you are in the clear. Have it in writing from them of course.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Better marry your GF before you get placed in jail and have to have buttsecks with your new roomie.

Peter Nixeus

Aug 27, 2012
www.nixeus.com
@ OP... most likely what may have happened is the Officer incorrectly recorded either your name, DL, or License Plate. If you get a fail to appear letter to your house or an arrest warrant issued - it is definately one of the 3 errors I mentioned. It happened to quite a few of my friends.

Tommy2000GT

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2000
I got nothing in the mail from the courts or police and nothing from the DMV about suspending my license. I don't want to contact the police because I don't want to raise red flags