The corporate media's propaganda about the "labor shortage" is disgusting

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You dont have to work for peanuts. You can work for cashews, pecans or Brazil nuts if you prefer. ;)

But someone has to work at McDonalds. Those chicken nuggets aren't going to make themselves.
Chicken Nuggets is like millennials crack, from my last couple of trips out to the undersea. Announcement over the 1MC of chicken nuggets in the galley brought the dead back to life.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Chicken Nuggets is like millennials crack, from my last couple of trips out to the undersea. Announcement over the 1MC of chicken nuggets in the galley brought the dead back to life.

I think you may be referring to "tendies" ie "tenders".

However, in a pinch, a McNugget will do. ;)

I wonder what the state of fast food affairs will be like after Im gone? While Im sure they will be able to carry on, I can only imagine it will be completely automated as depicted in the movie Idiocracy:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think you may be referring to "tendies" ie "tenders".

However, in a pinch, a McNugget will do. ;)

I wonder what the state of fast food affairs will be like after Im gone? While Im sure they will be able to carry on, I can only imagine it will be completely automated as depicted in the movie Idiocracy:

Isn't that great? You've already shown how little you respect the people who work there. No human should be subjected to that indignity.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Isn't that great? You've already shown how little you respect the people who work there. No human should be subjected to that indignity.

Have you been eating expired food again?

We are likely going to automated kiosks one day because its inhumane to make nuggets, right?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Did you miss your last 10 AA meetings or just lose the ability to follow the English language?

This was just sad.

Here let me help you with a good reply,

"No, sorry Felix, I try to eat well but save at Costco and sometimes buy expired food at Dollar General to save a buck, or two. But that is beside the point.

I would like to point out that paying people market wages to make Chicken McNuggets should not be allowed since not everyone can strive for better employment despite 11 MILLION jobs being available.

Therefore I would like to propose a minimum wage of $50,000 a year to make golden nuggets and allow the worker to spend 30 years in fast food and one day retire from said job.

Your friend,

Bryce W. Jones, Esq."

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This was just sad.

Here let me help you with a good reply,

"No, sorry Felix, I try to eat well but save at Costco and sometimes buy expired food at Dollar General to save a buck, or two. But that is beside the point.

I would like to point out that paying people market wages to make Chicken McNuggets should not be allowed since not everyone can strive for better employment despite 11 MILLION jobs being available.

Therefore I would like to propose a minimum wage of $50,000 a year to make golden nuggets and allow the worker to spend 30 years in fast food and one day retire from said job.

Your friend,

Bryce W. Jones, Esq."
So it’s missed meetings. I feel for your liver.

Reactions: Meghan54

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
They've identified the primary cause of the labor shortage. Like I said upthread: most of those not returning to work are 55+ yrs old, most are taking early retirement, and they are able to do so because of appreciation in value of retirement accounts, and surging home prices.

Reactions: Meghan54