The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Looking into these herbs legitimately as part of my"practices" ,really liking all the information i find all the time on herbs. Some of this stuff has been used for over 5000 years. I used to use Aloe all the time, it works as advertised and i miss having some of those plants around :( being stuck in i worry about going out to even get some of these useful herbs and plants. Maybe i can grow these from seed if i could get seeds shipped.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
NIce pics!

Apex Legends season 5 came out and boy is it buggy! Launch day hiccups basically.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
This isn't going to be fun...

pERJpjk.jpg

Reactions: snoopy7548

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
LOL.

These capkits have 52 caps I believe. My other monitor had 39 and that took me a long time. And that was oh so much "fun".

I will say though my new soldering iron did make the job much easier than my old radio shack $15 one that I had for like 2 decades would have been.

And now I have 2 to do with the 52 caps each. Flybacks shouldn't be too bad though.

Recapping/flybacking my Rush 2049 SE monitors. The one I did prior was Maximum Force monitor, which is now in my KI2 machine. The monitor that was originally in the KI2 machine and now in the Maximum Force was recapped back in November.

SfmVRoR.jpg

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Here's mom from the same nest (there are two nests in the neighborhood with three chicks each). I've been photographing her for years.
ghowl_2020_05_23b.jpg

Here's the raven nest yesterday. The chicks' feathers are starting to come in so they look a little less serpent like.
ravens_2020_05_22a.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mopardude87

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
From a couple days ago:

Female elf owl
elf_owl_2020_05_20a.jpg

Male elf owl
elf_owl_2020_05_20b.jpg

Pygmy owl:
pyg_owl_2020_05_21.jpg

Elegant trogons selecting a nest hole. The male finds several potential a nest holes and fixes them up. The female then decides if she likes one. Don't worry guys, she's been putting out so even if she dumps him for a male with a bettter nest, at least he got some. :p

trogons_2020_05_21a.jpg

trogons_2020_05_21b.jpg

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Having something of a tribute party atm, been going for over 24 hours straight on the wine and indica :) Nothing but good vibes and times. Nothing better to do during a quarantine i figured besides live like its my last days.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
For the life of me I could not find this thread the other day when trying to search.

So I finished my crawlspace walls. I had previously framed so I insulated and vapour barried it earlier in winter, then more recently drywalled, plastered, and painted.

Was not really going for perfection and I messed up a lot with the drywall part but it's good enough. Plan is to put shelving units in there and organize stuff way better than just putting it on the ground. But I will do my garage first so I can have a proper area to work in when building the shelves.

As a more recent project, one of my trees was splitting in half so I decided to start cutting it before it falls on the house.

It was retarded hot that day, like 32C, so was taking lot of breaks to go inside to cool off and wipe the sweat off my face. I will finish that tomorrow now that I'm done work if it does not rain. Some branches are a bit iffy so I may hire some of it out but will try to do it all myself if I feel safe about it.

Did it with a Ryobi 18v electric chainsaw. The bar is not big enough to do the trunk though so I'll figure that part out once I get there. I can maybe do a circle but I think plunging the bar completely is going to push that saw beyond it's limits. I do have a 120v electric one my grandpa gave me which I have not played around with so might try it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Huh, you learn something new every day. I thought you people were afraid of the sun.

And to be clear what my use of "you people" means, I am referring to Canadians. :p

Oh trust me I had SPF60 on. :p By the end of all this I had wood chips stuck all over me which added an extra layer of protection I guess. I definitely should have been wearing more PPE for using a chainsaw but in that heat I just couldn't. I actually put safety goggles at first and they just fogged up immediately. So shirtless and sunglasses it is. :p

I am surprised I manged not to sunburn. Probably because I was spending intervals of like 5 minutes outside, then 10 minutes inside to cool off.