The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Plain old soap and warm/hot water will pretty much do the trick with only a brief hand wash so any detergent should be more then sufficient in a washing machine cycle.

I just hand washed it, put enough soap obviously on the thing then got the water hotter then Hades and gave it a good 5 minute wash.Washed my hands prior to even dealing with the mask. Got it drying out in my room, i worry the rubberband in the elastic head straps may get destroyed in the dryer so i got my room fan hitting me and it. Should be good for work if needed tomorrow :)

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
waiting for the next phone call from family. Dreading it and hoping it comes soon. Fuck!

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Yeah, they have the guys in driving simulators.

I was almost thinking to myself "Why even have the real thing? If you don't look too closely it looks EXACTLY the same, down to the last detail."

I've developed a real, new-found respect for women who keep their kitchens spotless at all times. How TF do they do it?

Ever since I cleaned mine I've made a concerted effort to keep it as clean as possible and I'm failing. I've spent 20-30 minutes (or more) every day cleaning and tidying up the damn thing and every day it still gets messed up. If I get lazy and miss a day it quickly looks like it did before.

There's always something kind of mess, dishes to wash, dishes to rinse and put in the dishwasher, mopping and sweeping to do, things to put away properly, fingerprints on the stainless steel to clean off, range top to clean etc.

I've known guys who kept a pretty clean kitchen but they're all gay. I just don't have it.

My kitchen is always spotless, and I'm not gay...

I'm pretty sure... :oops:

Just clean as you go, it's not that difficult. Either wash dishes or put them in the dishwasher - don't let them sit in the sink unless you're soaking a pan or something.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
My kitchen is always spotless, and I'm not gay...

I'm pretty sure... :oops:

Just clean as you go, it's not that difficult. Either wash dishes or put them in the dishwasher - don't let them sit in the sink unless you're soaking a pan or something.

Like, REALLY spotless? Do you clean the floor every day? And all of the countertops? And wipe out the microwave? And clean inside the fridge?

Are you SURE you're not gay? I wish I was gay for stuff like cleaning and hosting martini parties.

Last edited:

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Like, REALLY spotless? Do you clean the floor every day? And all of the countertops? And wipe out the microwave? And clean inside the fridge?

Are you SURE you're not gay? I was I was gay for stuff like cleaning and hosting martini parties.

Pretty much totally spotless, but I don't clean every day - I just don't make a mess, and if I drop or spill something, I clean it up. It's easier to keep things clean than to clean.

Here's a picture of the inside of my fridge and microwave, which I haven't cleaned in months (the plastic bag is my lunch for tomorrow):

IMG_20200427_195816.jpg

IMG_20200427_195906.jpg

I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to cleanliness. I inherited it from my mom, but I was a bit of a slob in college.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think the wildlife is beginning to like it.

Coues deer
deer_2020_04_26.jpg

Coatimundi
coati_2020_04_28.jpg

Northern pygmy owl
pygowl_2020_04_28a.jpg

and the eyes on the back of it's head…
pygowl_2020_04_28b.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Any sides to go with it?
I'm lucky I made this much effort today lol. The quarantine was hitting hard today. Then some asshole doing non utility road construction cut a 36" water main that supplies most of Jersey City with water. So ain't got none of that either. Third world problems

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Kids are getting bored in my town. I see a lot more drones floating around, especially over residential streets.
I saw a massive one yesterday. Standard quad copter but it was huge, like 3 feet across.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Kids are getting bored in my town. I see a lot more drones floating around, especially over residential streets.
I saw a massive one yesterday. Standard quad copter but it was huge, like 3 feet across.
That was the cops, checking for "Grow houses".

Kids don't own 3ft-across quad-copters.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
As long as you still have internet, that's the important thing! :p

And it's a good thing you didn't live up to your username...

:joycat:

Well after bodily harm and then property damage the next worse thing under quarantine would be no internet and power baby. That would make quarantine pretty difficult. The lady next door had her power line knocked out but they came here within 2 hours and put that back up. The internet? Not as essential though. They came a few hours later and started chopping up the tree and it's all gone now. Efficiency.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Gray hawk this morning, there is a nest nearby but no chicks visible yet. Both parents were there.

grayhawk_2020_05_02a.jpg

grayhawk_2020_05_02b.jpg

Cooper's hawk
grayhawk_2020_05_02c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OILFIELDTRASH