The CoronaVirus WTF are you doing with yourself while being isolated thread

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well. What are you doing stuck isolating? Tell your stories and rate movies, games and shows you are partaking in.

I'm stuck in Jersey City with no bars or restaurants to go to, no movies, no bowling, etc... Weather is still mediocre so no real good hiking or biking yet. So far been drinking a lot starting in the evenings around 7pm. Been streaming Bourdain shows, Curb Your Enthusiasm, seen some good movies like JoJo Rabbit (which I would highly recommend).

Ordered a couple 2 person board games to play with my girlfriend, of which one is called Pandemic (comes highly rated prior to this pandemic actually).

And so it goes...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Same thing I always do. anything I want. Last couple weekends I've been milling oak. I'll probably finish that this weekend, and mill my ash into cants, and put it away in storage. Don't need it atm, but it's too good to waste as firewood.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I played like 6 hours of The Messenger since yesterday on my Switch. I may finish it up tonight then I'm going to start Blasphemous.

Today I setup a makeshift shop in my backyard to cut some wood.

B8FhHlR.jpg

I cut all these and it probably took me like 2.5 hours total. I'm a noob at this stuff.

mdZ0zzS.jpg

I am building a "shelf" inside my light gun arcade cabinet because I am putting a switcher in there so I can have 6 games all hooked up at once and can switch between them with the push of a button. I only have 3 games for it now but plan on getting 6, the max I can use with the switcher, so I'm making enough room for 6 boards.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This is my first day of "isolation" (I would be at home anyway). Got off night shift and only slept a few hours so I'm half awake so today is just a veg day.

Probably work on stuff around the house starting tomorrow. Basically this is pretty status quo for me, except now I need to actually avoid trips that are really not needed. Like if I find myself needing something at Home Depot or something, it can wait.

Honestly I think more stuff should be closed. I don't think everyone is taking this seriously.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Been streaming Bourdain shows, Curb Your Enthusiasm, seen some good movies like JoJo Rabbit (which I would highly recommend).
Was going to watch it but the nazi characters in the ads seemed like it would be disturbing or depressing. But after your post that it's good I'll give it a try.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Still going to work. I actually negotiated being able to work from home whenever I need to (completely separate from this whole Coronavirus thing) earlier this week, but apparently for the next couple of months our goal is to only have at most half of the employees in the building at any given time - most people will be working from home on a rotating basis, others more often.

So for me, work never stops. :( I guess that's a good thing as long as the paychecks keep coming.

Reactions: paperfist

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm working from home. Things are still pretty busy, because we haven't canceled any scheduled IT upgrades that were supposed to occur around this time.

Because, hey, why not make things even worse by adding extra overtime on top of everything else going on :(

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Same thing I always do. anything I want. Last couple weekends I've been milling oak. I'll probably finish that this weekend, and mill my ash into cants, and put it away in storage. Don't need it atm, but it's too good to waste as firewood.
Jelly.

Reactions: Captante

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Went to put together my "shelf" tonight and my f'ing wood glue is so old that it was all dried up and shit. CVS didn't have any and HD around here is only open till 7pm so it was too late. Got my nail gun all out and shit too. I hadn't even used the one nail gun I am going to use lol. Will have to run to HD tomorrow but I think they are only open noon to 7pm.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Vidya games.
Reorganizing basement.
Walks in the neighborhood.

Literally nothing else to do. I may go batshit and kill myself.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
WFH, cooking with the GF, working out with the GF, 'bout to kick off gardening, probably go buy a shitload of wood from lowe's and start building some stuff.

Probably kick off building my forge fully, and start blacksmithing.

Oh and playing Dwarf Fortress.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Still working so I'm actually travelling to far more places than usual lots of hospitals and healthcare related facilities as well as random customer locations and a certain very large gov org that will close when the gov falls, maybe.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Nothing has changed for me, except making sure everything around the house is situated in case I can't come home from work for a prolonged period (firefighter/paramedic supervisor.) It's not bad yet where I am, but I am not looking forward to the next two months or so. We'll either it slowed down, or it'll be almost community wide in two months.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I found this old game I've had forever, MLB 2K10 The Show.

I've never tried it and I thought some video baseball might be fun. So when I started it up I saw it had a career mode so I made a sinkerballing lefty and got going.

LOL - God do I suck at video baseball. I'm in my 4th season and I've been going nowhere but down. My 1st year I was in the rotation for most of the season and ended up in the bullpen. My 2nd year I stayed in the bullpen the whole season. My 3rd year I got sent down to the AA rotation about halfway through. And now I'm in the AA bullpen.

I don't know exactly why I keep getting demoted, except for the fact I give up a ton of hits. My ERA isn't that bad and I strike a lot of guys out. My sinker ball has improved from like 81 mph to hitting 90 mph consistently. I guess the game hates me.

• Haha
Reactions: DaaQ

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Building a Maker's Lab in my basement.

But tbh nothing has really changed for me. I work and I go home, same as always.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Also I need to solder this tiny red wire info whatever that is. I need some hobby hands and a needle tip for my iron. And maybe some practice.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Was going to watch it but the nazi characters in the ads seemed like it would be disturbing or depressing. But after your post that it's good I'll give it a try.
You will laugh a whole lot more than feel sad (it's the design of the movie). It's not a Schindler's List type movie.
a3541c0e74c7efc6f3aafef98379ed1134a1123c.gifv

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Started up Sledge Hammer again.
If you havent seen it you've missed out on what is quite possibly the finest in half-hour television.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Working from home is about the only thing (for the most part) that's different for me, oh and gym being closed. But I bought some dumbells and a simple bench cause I wanna still do something.

After work and eating, if it's not a work out day, I'll usually do some combination of: watch YouTube, work on my mobile game, get wasted in Escape from Tarkov. Then bed.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

Man, the graphics have come such a long way from the OG version.

And what's crazy is that John Carmack is still active in the game development scene, especially in the world of VR!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Working from home is about the only thing (for the most part) that's different for me, oh and gym being closed. But I bought some dumbells and a simple bench cause I wanna still do something.

After work and eating, if it's not a work out day, I'll usually do some combination of: watch YouTube, work on my mobile game, get wasted in Escape from Tarkov. Then bed.
You buy your weight stuff after all of this stuff happened or you had it before? Did you get it on craigslist or from a store?